PDA

View Full Version : A call to Bills fans...Give this process a chance.

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 11:35 AM
I know it has been tough. I have lived through the last near decade of crap the same as you. I too hoped TD would be able to turn us into the Steelers, but realized year 3 that just wasn't going to happen.

I am asking, lets give marv and co a clean slate. I know it is tough, I really do. But Marv IS doing this the right way. Just because you have cap room, that doesn't mean you spend it to 'just' spend it.

It has been mid 90's since we had a real GM, Real HC with a real PLAN! We have set systems now. Coaches that believe in those systems and can coach them. We are now putting players in that system that fit. Marv is bringing in guys that are 4-6 year veterans that are on thier way up. They have the best years in front of them. I know they aren't flashy, I know they aren't names, but most of the NE Squad that has been so successful, weren't names either in the begining.

We are EXACTLY were NE was when Kraft, Pioli and BB started doing the same thing. Old school, build though the draft. I feel that we are just two offseasons away from being a contender for no less then a perinial playoff spot. A team that MUST be delt with for the AFCE Title and an AFC playoff spot every year. there is no way you can ask more than that. If you can get to the post season then everyone has the same shot at the superbowl.

Marv will take this season and get the system in place. We willl give these new kids a year to see if they are what we need. I am sure most of them will be.
The Meat of the team will be acclimated to the system. Then this next offseason with over 20 mill in estimated cap room, we can truly attack Free agency and fill the needs that remain. it is much easier to plug in 4 new guys instead of 14.

I am asking, we try to be more positive on the board. This team needs our support and positive Mojo, not constant bashing and ripping on them. The guys that are here are going to try and bust thier butts to win. Marv MUST be allowed his fair shot. Ripping on him in his first couple of months on the job isn't fair at all. He had NOTHING to do with the last 6 years. For all the man HAS done for this franchise and his willingness to take the job and try to turn this around, he deserves our respect and a clean slate. he isn't going to be perfect, but I do think he will get this thing turned around.

Let between now and the end of the 2007 season play out. I think we will all be pleased at what happens.

Peace.

HAMMER
03-31-2006, 11:43 AM
Good post Ice.

Mr. Miyagi
03-31-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm very touched. :cry:

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 11:49 AM
I'm very touched. :cry:

:tap:

THATHURMANATOR
03-31-2006, 11:51 AM
I am with you Ice!

acehole
03-31-2006, 12:11 PM
here here...good post!

Off season has been more interesting the the season anyway.

Go JP!
Go Lee!
Go Mcheee!

bledslow
03-31-2006, 12:19 PM
i think fans should start bad mouthing marv as soon as the opener(assuming they lose). why wait?? the guy could die at any given moment at his age.you better get all your hate in now while you can. these guys are too old and out of it.they wont be able to judge talent in the draft if it slapped them right in the face. and even with a ton of cap space to sign free agents,who will actually want to live up there/near buffalo?? you had a few exceptions in milloy/spikes, but they both turned out to be complete busts.

milloy only went there because he was super money hungry,and spikes only went there because he really THOUGHT the team had a really bright future at the time. but now,his(spikes) career is most likely done.and if he comes back,he will just be a watered down version of what he use to be(wich wasnt that much in the first place,i always thought he was very overated.he seemed like the type of player that jumped on a pile of players after somebody else originally made the tackle,much like junior seau).

baamf
03-31-2006, 12:22 PM
Nice post. Ironically it is the same thing being preached on the Jets board I frequent. Patience is key for these two teams the next couple of years.....

Tatonka
03-31-2006, 12:23 PM
ice.. get off your soapbox.. this is the same post as you have made a 100 times now.. we got it.. "lets give marv a chance"..

few people here are bashing him. move on.

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 12:41 PM
ice.. get off your soapbox.. this is the same post as you have made a 100 times now.. we got it.. "lets give marv a chance"..

few people here are bashing him. move on.

it's more than obvious you dont' get it. Posting crap for your buddy huh?

ghz in pittsburgh
03-31-2006, 12:45 PM
But JP still needs to go right?

Kerr
03-31-2006, 12:54 PM
I only question him for nall, who happens to suck balls. Nall is perfect for a dr.suess book.

TedMock
03-31-2006, 12:59 PM
Whether or not we're all in agreement of what the Bills have done so far, is really irrelevant. Truth is, WE DO have to let this thing ride out. We're all sick of our team sucking, but this does appear to be a re-build. Honestly, we need this cleansing. This is a new regime, and we must give them a real opportunity. To go out and boo whomever is the QB when they throw that first INT is ridiculous, but it's also sadly what the Bills fans have become. The fans are certainly worse than they once were, but part of that has been the torture we've endured the last 10 years.

It's not about towing the company line, or drinking the company kool-aide, or even having blind faith. It's about allowing a young team to develop, and the new regime to let things play out. As fans, we're not obligated to agree with everything the team does. However, we can be instrumental in making the Bills a place players want to come. If the fans remain rabid and supportive, players will be willing to come. If we boo every little mishap to ridiculous proportions, then we're sore losers, and any player worth his salt will have zero interest in playing for us. I'm not saying not to boo, that's not realistic either. I'm saying it's a fresh start and they must be given a chance to make this team better. One offseason is an unrealistic bar to set. I'd like to see JP and Moulds in harmony, and neither guy may even be here this season. I'm not going to act like a 3-year old, and drop my seasons because I disagree with a player change. I do have faith in Marv, and I see that he's decided to put a young bunch of "team" guys on the field. Fine with me, so long as I understand that. It's pretty obvious what he's doing. If they somehow go 7-9, 8-8, with continued improvement; then we've succeeded with step one. The team suddenly becomes attractive again.

Michael82
03-31-2006, 01:01 PM
:yawn:

OpIv37
03-31-2006, 01:04 PM
i think fans should start bad mouthing marv as soon as the opener(assuming they lose). why wait?? the guy could die at any given moment at his age.you better get all your hate in now while you can. these guys are too old and out of it.they wont be able to judge talent in the draft if it slapped them right in the face. and even with a ton of cap space to sign free agents,who will actually want to live up there/near buffalo?? you had a few exceptions in milloy/spikes, but they both turned out to be complete busts.

milloy only went there because he was super money hungry,and spikes only went there because he really THOUGHT the team had a really bright future at the time. but now,his(spikes) career is most likely done.and if he comes back,he will just be a watered down version of what he use to be(wich wasnt that much in the first place,i always thought he was very overated.he seemed like the type of player that jumped on a pile of players after somebody else originally made the tackle,much like junior seau).
:spam:

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 01:24 PM
:yawn: How are you a mod again?

Tatonka
03-31-2006, 01:33 PM
it's more than obvious you dont' get it. Posting crap for your buddy huh?

i dont know your implying is "my buddy".. but i would hope it is not pat, because he is as easy a target as you are..

i get it just fine.. and i am NOT one of the people that have bashed marv or have a big problem with what is happening..

i am just sick of you, just like pat, repeating your damn self in every thread.. the two of you are dominating every thread on this board with the same garbage from both sides..

you made your point.. we get it.. now stop with the awful repetitive posts for half a day..

jesus christ.

Tatonka
03-31-2006, 01:35 PM
How are you a mod again?

mods are allowed to point out the fact that your posts are all the same.. and ****ing boring.

:bullseye:

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 02:24 PM
mods are allowed to point out the fact that your posts are all the same.. and ****ing boring.

:bullseye:

They also point out to put a person on ignore and don't read/ Post on their threads too. Maybe you should follow that advice.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-31-2006, 02:24 PM
Whether or not we're all in agreement of what the Bills have done so far, is really irrelevant. Truth is, WE DO have to let this thing ride out. We're all sick of our team sucking, but this does appear to be a re-build. Honestly, we need this cleansing. This is a new regime, and we must give them a real opportunity. To go out and boo whomever is the QB when they throw that first INT is ridiculous, but it's also sadly what the Bills fans have become. The fans are certainly worse than they once were, but part of that has been the torture we've endured the last 10 years.

It's not about towing the company line, or drinking the company kool-aide, or even having blind faith. It's about allowing a young team to develop, and the new regime to let things play out. As fans, we're not obligated to agree with everything the team does. However, we can be instrumental in making the Bills a place players want to come. If the fans remain rabid and supportive, players will be willing to come. If we boo every little mishap to ridiculous proportions, then we're sore losers, and any player worth his salt will have zero interest in playing for us. I'm not saying not to boo, that's not realistic either. I'm saying it's a fresh start and they must be given a chance to make this team better. One offseason is an unrealistic bar to set. I'd like to see JP and Moulds in harmony, and neither guy may even be here this season. I'm not going to act like a 3-year old, and drop my seasons because I disagree with a player change. I do have faith in Marv, and I see that he's decided to put a young bunch of "team" guys on the field. Fine with me, so long as I understand that. It's pretty obvious what he's doing. If they somehow go 7-9, 8-8, with continued improvement; then we've succeeded with step one. The team suddenly becomes attractive again.

I totally agree! :bf1:

Meathead
03-31-2006, 03:14 PM
notice that marv spelled backwarxs is god

Mski
03-31-2006, 06:44 PM

not really its actually vram whatever thats supposed to be? is that god in some language never heard before by human ears?

:lolabove:

Mr. Pink
03-31-2006, 06:44 PM

So what kind of DOG is he? Rottweiler? Pitbull? Or is he one of those dainty Yorkshire Terriers? :chuckle: :crack:

Tatonka
03-31-2006, 09:06 PM
They also point out to put a person on ignore and don't read/ Post on their threads too. Maybe you should follow that advice.

or you could just quite posting the same damn thing every time in 10 different threads.. just like pat...

the funny thing is.. the two of you are JUST ALIKE... your just on opposite sides of the fence..

you are an overzelous, rah rah, cheerleader... at least this month.. because you were a huge whiner prior to that, and all you did was complain about everything..

and pat is your polar opposite (which is identical to how you used to be prior to your "rebirth" as a "pro" bills fan."

the thing that really pisses me off is that both of you actually have some valid points that are worth reading.. but you have to filter through all the crap that both of you keep posting like some kind of kids in a sandbox..

just get our a ruler.. and measure.. then get over it.

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 10:14 PM
or you could just quite posting the same damn thing every time in 10 different threads.. just like pat...

the funny thing is.. the two of you are JUST ALIKE... your just on opposite sides of the fence..

you are an overzelous, rah rah, cheerleader... at least this month.. because you were a huge whiner prior to that, and all you did was complain about everything..

and pat is your polar opposite (which is identical to how you used to be prior to your "rebirth" as a "pro" bills fan."

the thing that really pisses me off is that both of you actually have some valid points that are worth reading.. but you have to filter through all the crap that both of you keep posting like some kind of kids in a sandbox..

First off anything I posted before 'joining' should be ignored as I was playing the game here. I don't know how many more times that has to be explained.

I have always been pro bills.

Lastly, AGAIN...really slow this time...put...me...on...ignore. Then quit reading and responding to my posts. Believe me, I won't miss you.

BillsFever21
04-01-2006, 08:16 AM

Over on twobillsdrive ICE changed his mind weekly and was always whining. I'm sure he will change his mind later in the season depending on how we're doing. Basically he will go with whatever opinion makes him sound like he knows what he's talking about.

On the other site one week Bledsoe was the best and then the next week he sucked along with other players. You get my drift.

ICE74129
04-01-2006, 08:39 AM
Over on twobillsdrive ICE changed his mind weekly and was always whining. I'm sure he will change his mind later in the season depending on how we're doing. Basically he will go with whatever opinion makes him sound like he knows what he's talking about.

On the other site one week Bledsoe was the best and then the next week he sucked along with other players. You get my drift.

That hardly ever happened. And If I did change my mind it was after a lot of time and facts backing it. The fact you are lying is evident as everyone knows I hated the Bledsoe trade from day one and was very vocal about it.

and as always I do know what I am talking about.