The longer the Texans wait to agree on draft pick...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

The longer the Texans wait to agree on draft pick...

The longer Philly has to decide they want to offer up better compensation and a better contract to moulds if they want.

I remember the texans dragging arse with guys before and losing out. Moulds hasn't signed the deal and can't until we agree on compensation. The smart move would be surrender whatever pick Buffalo wants.

And I have to ask, did we ever hear marv say he wanted a 4th rounder for Moulds? Who says he isnt' standing firm on a 3rd? Surely the Texans shouldn't have this much trouble parting with their 4th rounder to get a #2 WR.
  • acehole
    • Jan 2006

Re: The longer the Texans wait to agree on draft pick...

yes I think that if you have a guy in and offer him a contract you....pretty much thought his old teams pick demands were OK. Why go through the physical and the negotions with the bigfoot if you didnt. .....at this piont if you try to pull somthing it is obvious what your doing...and tacky. Especially with a ton of picks.

I don't think that will happen. Whatever it was 3, 4, or 5th...thats what we will get.

If not..I think his value only increases not the other way...philly's vet team will want eric...Farve coms back who will he throw to? Seahawks is a mess with all thier injuries....denver.......you can be assured they are all following this....
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

But the situation goes both ways on this, if Buffalo sits there hammering on wanting the 4th Texans brass can just get fed up at the process and completely walk away from the deal. We've heard speculation other teams were interested however the Texans are the only one with serious talks. It's a fine line to walk between what you want and what you'll actually get. Hopefully, the Texans don't just decide eph it, walk away and then hope to be able to sign Moulds at his eventual release.

Comment

• acehole
        • Jan 2006

Funtime I partly agree....but the cat is out of the bag....everyone know what his contract demands are (What he will play for) and it is a small price if you are close to contending or not.....no contending team wants to wait 1-2 years for a rookie wr to put you over the top. Team will look at the contract and the pick and say...... I am going to have to pay a rookie close to that anyway.....and in 2 years all our good player will be lost....NOW is the time.

Does a properly folded U.S. $20 bill reveal images of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon?
        Hated by the stupid..
        Loved by their moms.

Comment

Working...
        X