PDA

View Full Version : The TRUE Roscoe Parrish

Bling
03-31-2006, 07:42 PM
http://rapidshare.de/files/16912122/parrish_pulverized.wmv.html

The guy that pulverized him (Stanford Samuels) is 5'10 190. He's nothing big, and one little drop, nails the crap out of Parrish. Do you really want him to be a #2?

I'd go with Josh Reed.

SquishDaFish
03-31-2006, 07:47 PM
Size doesnt matter dude. The smallest guy in football can tackle the largest with the right hit or if the big man is off guard. Its tackling skills not just size that makes a football tackle.

Bling
03-31-2006, 07:49 PM
Size doesnt matter dude. The smallest guy in football can tackle the largest with the right hit or if the big man is off guard. Its tackling skills not just size that makes a football tackle.

ROFL... sounds like you're one of those guys that makes excuse for his lack there of size... LOL jp

Yeah, I know it is not totally reflecting his play, but when you want a guy to go over the middle and push that LB 2 more yards so you can get that 1st down, who are you throwing to? You already have Evans. You need a physical WR alongside Evans. I don't believe Parrish is the one.

That Guy
03-31-2006, 07:56 PM
ROFL... sounds like you're one of those guys that makes excuse for his lack there of size... LOL jp

How big are you? Well, your weight is...

Originally: 92

camelcowboy
03-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Basket from new mexico, will be one of later round picks. He has height. Just have a feeling.

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 08:06 PM

Yeah, I know it is not totally reflecting his play, but when you want a guy to go over the middle and push that LB 2 more yards so you can get that 1st down, who are you throwing to? You already have Evans. You need a physical WR alongside Evans. I don't believe Parrish is the one.

It aint the size of the dog in the fight....

Bling
03-31-2006, 08:42 PM
I don't know ICE. You already got one speedster who doesn't have incredible size. You want to have someone that's weaker than Evans on the other side? At least put in Andre Davis alongside. You guys put good money on Reed who has size. Why not him? Being a huge FSU fan, I can tell you to stay AWAY from Roscoe Parrish. Moss looked like a stud WR. Reggie Wayne looked like a stud #2. Andre Johnson IS a stud. Parrish blows. Everett will be a servicable TE for you guys.

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 08:50 PM
I don't know ICE. You already got one speedster who doesn't have incredible size. You want to have someone that's weaker than Evans on the other side? At least put in Andre Davis alongside. You guys put good money on Reed who has size. Why not him? Being a huge FSU fan, I can tell you to stay AWAY from Roscoe Parrish. Moss looked like a stud WR. Reggie Wayne looked like a stud #2. Andre Johnson IS a stud. Parrish blows. Everett will be a servicable TE for you guys.

Oh parrish won't be our #2. As for as not having incredible size...Evans is 5'10" and 197 ripped. Moulds and guys like Andre Johnson and Reggie Wayne etc are what? maybe 10-12lbs heavier? Sorry, Evans is just fine size wise as a #1 guy.

Tatonka
03-31-2006, 08:54 PM
dude.. any and every guy in the nfl, including TO has been hit like that at some point in their career.. it happens.. qb left him out to dry and he got lit up.. he got back up and finished the game..

i will take that over some piece of **** wife beater that you pull for...

Bling
03-31-2006, 09:08 PM
dude.. any and every guy in the nfl, including TO has been hit like that at some point in their career.. it happens.. qb left him out to dry and he got lit up.. he got back up and finished the game..

i will take that over some piece of **** wife beater that you pull for...

You don't know who I am. I've said before that if the Dolphins cut McMichael, I would not mind because I hate wife beaters.

A little ironic though, you pull for the Bills to draft Broderick Bunkley... who I beat you didn't know stole some video games. Interesting. You all are some experts on Broderick Bunkley (disputing some of the stuff I say about him), but yet you don't know he has some character issues.

Now back to the point, I looked at the stats of Santana Moss and Antwaan Randle El.
Santana Moss: 5'9 190
Antwaan Randle El: 5'10 192
Roscoe Parrish 5'9 168

He shouldn't even be considered to play until he's AT LEAST 185.

hilexplosiv
03-31-2006, 09:27 PM
ya but it was a sweet hit :)

Devin
03-31-2006, 09:36 PM
Parrish scares the hell out of me, i fear literally seeing him get torn in half on the field.

That being said he will never be a #2 WR on any NFL team.

Tatonka
03-31-2006, 09:38 PM
bling, where am i pulling for bunkley? my two guys are hawk and davis that i would like to see here.

what is even funnier is that you compair stealing some video games to wife beating.. sounds like a rationalization to me

you root for a team that employs wife beaters.. not once.. but beats women a few times now.. therefore, you support wife beating.

good work :up:

Bling
03-31-2006, 09:47 PM
bling, where am i pulling for bunkley? my two guys are hawk and davis that i would like to see here.

what is even funnier is that you compair stealing some video games to wife beating.. sounds like a rationalization to me

you root for a team that employs wife beaters.. not once.. but beats women a few times now.. therefore, you support wife beating.

good work :up:

I'm Catholic. I'm not suppose to agree with wife beating, but I'm also suppose to move on. Would you like me to quote scripture? Why are you changing the real subject which is Roscoe Parrish... is he #2 material? IMO, no. I think Josh Reed has the potential to break out. I, however, think Davis and Parrish are both duds.

Mr. Cynical
03-31-2006, 11:56 PM
Dante Hall

Devin
03-31-2006, 11:59 PM
Anyone who thinks little Roscoe Parrish is #2 material hasn't seen him play.

He could develope into a solid slot guy, and has BLAZING speed on ST's. He could be a weapon but I think he is stilla year or two away development wise.

ICE74129
04-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Anyone who thinks little Roscoe Parrish is #2 material hasn't seen him play.

He could develope into a solid slot guy, and has BLAZING speed on ST's. He could be a weapon but I think he is stilla year or two away development wise.

I was pissed at the pick myself last year. We need LINES and Tefflon Tom decided to take the smallest guy in the draft.

Parrish is a punt/KO return man that will do well in the slot...if he doesn't have to go across the middle.

SABURZFAN
04-01-2006, 08:10 AM
How big are you? Well, your weight is...

watch out!!!!!it took him 15 months to gain 20 pounds. :flex:

BAM
04-01-2006, 09:45 AM
Two words.

Steve Smith

Michael82
04-02-2006, 04:15 PM
Two words.

Steve Smith
Great post. I've been saying the same thing. :bf1:

All Parrish needs to do is bulk up during the offseason. :drool:

OpIv37
04-02-2006, 04:38 PM
You're wasting your breath, Bling.

I questioned the almighty Roscoe Parrish during the season, saying he was too small and too easy to tackle. From the reaction I got, you would have thought I mocked Jesus, Moses, Allah and L. Ron Hubbard in the same sentence.

Apparently saying that someone who is 5'8 and 165 is too small to play in the NFL is blasphemous.

DraftBoy
04-02-2006, 04:46 PM

I questioned the almighty Roscoe Parrish during the season, saying he was too small and too easy to tackle. From the reaction I got, you would have thought I mocked Jesus, Moses, Allah and L. Ron Hubbard in the same sentence.

Apparently saying that someone who is 5'8 and 165 is too small to play in the NFL is blasphemous.

I think it was judging a player who essentially lost his 1st whole season to injury and deciding the jury was out on him that did you in. I mean we give JP a pass on an injured 1st season, why doesnt Roscoe get afforded the same latitude?

OpIv37
04-02-2006, 07:24 PM
I think it was judging a player who essentially lost his 1st whole season to injury and deciding the jury was out on him that did you in. I mean we give JP a pass on an injured 1st season, why doesnt Roscoe get afforded the same latitude?

JP hardly played his first season cuz Bledsoe was doing fairly well when he came back from his injury- Roscoe got significant playing time.

JP plays QB, which is a much more difficult position to learn.

The comparison is apples and oranges. Any WR who can get arm tackled by 185 lb CB's (as happened to Roscoe several times after returning from his injury) is going to get himself killed.

No one ever questioned whether JP has the PHYSICAL tools to play the game- we all know he does. It has to do with whether or not he can learn the position and how to make reads, etc. Roscoe can't learn size.

pintonick96
04-02-2006, 07:46 PM
Yeah, but Parrish got up. So who the **** cares.

jimbohastle51
04-02-2006, 07:50 PM
maybe if the certain player isnt there for the bills at 8 that they want they will trade down a couple picks and get bunkley and another 2nd rounder and pick up a reciever? who knows? just a thought

OpIv37
04-02-2006, 08:01 PM
maybe if the certain player isnt there for the bills at 8 that they want they will trade down a couple picks and get bunkley and another 2nd rounder and pick up a reciever? who knows? just a thought

nah they wouldn't even have to do that- Swap 2nds with Houston for Moulds then get Maurice Stovall with the 1st pick of the second round.

Dozerdog
04-02-2006, 10:33 PM
nah they wouldn't even have to do that- Swap 2nds with Houston for Moulds then get Maurice Stovall with the 1st pick of the second round.

Why trade to swap the pick to get a guy who will still be there 10 picks later??

OpIv37
04-03-2006, 08:40 AM
Why trade to swap the pick to get a guy who will still be there 10 picks later??

depends on which mock you read- I saw a couple that had the Steelers taking him at 32

justasportsfan
04-03-2006, 08:52 AM
http://rapidshare.de/files/16912122/parrish_pulverized.wmv.html

The guy that pulverized him (Stanford Samuels) is 5'10 190. He's nothing big, and one little drop, nails the crap out of Parrish. Do you really want him to be a #2?

I'd go with Josh Reed.If he starts playing like a no. 2 he stays at no. 2 until he is physically unable to do so from all the banging. Who's gonna cover him in Miami btw, I doubt you have a cb that can cover our no. 5.

BillsNick
04-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Yeah, Carolina should get rid of Steve Smith because he is so small. :snicker:

OpIv37
04-03-2006, 09:45 AM
Yeah, Carolina should get rid of Steve Smith because he is so small. :snicker:

I don't remember seeing Steve Smith get arm-tackled. When he puts moves on a guy and they barely manage to grab his jersey as he runs by, he has the strength to keep running. Parrish doesn't, and if Parrish does bulk up he's probably going to lose speed. Then he's nothing.

justasportsfan
04-03-2006, 09:48 AM

Apparently saying that someone who is 5'8 and 165 is too small to play in the NFL is blasphemous.Judging a book by it's cover is always a stupid thing.

justasportsfan
04-03-2006, 09:50 AM
I don't remember seeing Steve Smith get arm-tackled. When he puts moves on a guy and they barely manage to grab his jersey as he runs by, he has the strength to keep running. Parrish doesn't, and if Parrish does bulk up he's probably going to lose speed. Then he's nothing.So now you're judging him in his first few games coming off an injury.

Do you you ever see the positive things or you get off looking at the negatives?

BillsNick
04-03-2006, 09:55 AM
I don't remember seeing Steve Smith get arm-tackled. When he puts moves on a guy and they barely manage to grab his jersey as he runs by, he has the strength to keep running. Parrish doesn't, and if Parrish does bulk up he's probably going to lose speed. Then he's nothing.

I agree, he does need to bulk up a bit, what I'm saying, is the guy has some serious potential in the mold of Steve Smith, so let's just wait and see.

OpIv37
04-03-2006, 10:19 AM
So now you're judging him in his first few games coming off an injury.

Do you you ever see the positive things or you get off looking at the negatives?

when you look at the positives instead of the negatives, all it does is provide false hopes ie

"Mike Williams was so good in college"
"he has great size and all the physical tools"
"Mike Williams came into camp out of shape but really came on at the end of the season"
"This could be Mike Williams' breakout year"

How much time and money are you willing to waste on guys that show early signs they may not pan out, particularly if those signs are things like size and attitude that don't come with experience?

justasportsfan
04-03-2006, 10:26 AM
when you look at the positives instead of the negatives, all it does is provide false hopes ie
Mike Williams was so good in college"
"Mike Williams came into camp out of shape but really came on at the end of the season"
"This could be Mike Williams' breakout year" ?With all due respect, that's a pretty dumb logic. You weigh both the negative and positive to balance things out. You don't just harp on one aspect.

You should read your own post. Apples and oranges when you compare Mike W. and Parrish.

"How much time and money are you willing to waste on guys that show early signs they may not pan out, particularly if those signs are things like size and attitude that don't come with experience? Early signs? Time and money? Steve Smith andd Sanatanna Moss are wasted time and money? So why are we wasting time and money on JP Losman, then? Your contradicting yourself when it comes to both players.

Moulds didn't look much until his 3rd season. Neither did Drew Brees and he doesn't have the physical attributes of a portotype qb.

Here's another one , Tom Brady. Check out his scouting reports. Why do you think he wa drafted in the 6th?

I don't care if Parrish is easily tackled after a catch as long as he's making catches for 1st downs and TD's.

BillsNick
04-03-2006, 10:40 AM

"Mike Williams was so good in college"
"This could be Mike Williams' breakout year"

How much time and money are you willing to waste on guys that show early signs they may not pan out, particularly if those signs are things like size and attitude that don't come with experience?

Do you remember last seasons mini camps and training camp? Roscoe was regularly making highlight reel type catches and beating coverage. This is what I am excited about. The fact that we've seen what is possible. I'm not saying it will happen, but that's why I like the guy.

OpIv37
04-03-2006, 10:47 AM
With all due respect, that's a pretty dumb logic. You weigh both the negative and positive to balance things out. You don't just harp on one aspect.

You should read your own post. Apples and oranges when you compare Mike W. and Parrish.

Early signs? Time and money? Steve Smith andd Sanatanna Moss are wasted time and money? So why are we wasting time and money on JP Losman, then? Your contradicting yourself when it comes to both players.

Moulds didn't look much until his 3rd season. Neither did Drew Brees and he doesn't have the physical attributes of a portotype qb.

Here's another one , Tom Brady. Check out his scouting reports. Why do you think he wa drafted in the 6th?

I don't care if Parrish is easily tackled after a catch as long as he's making catches for 1st downs and TD's.

Well this is one of those things where we just have to wait and see. 2nd round picks make more than 6th round picks, and it's much easier to play WR in the NFL than QB.

I don't know if you noticed, but YAC have been pretty much non-existent in Buffalo since Moulds and Price in 02, with the exception of a few good games by Lee Evans.

I'd just hate to think of the lost money and roster spot if Parrish doesn't turn out.

Seriously, how bad does a guy have to be before you're ready to stop looking at the positives? If it was up to you, we'd have a roster full of Coy Wires and Justin Bannans because "they have a lot of upside".

OpIv37
04-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Do you remember last seasons mini camps and training camp? Roscoe was regularly making highlight reel type catches and beating coverage. This is what I am excited about. The fact that we've seen what is possible. I'm not saying it will happen, but that's why I like the guy.

I'm out of market so I don't see much mini camp or training camp footage. It's all Redskins and a little Ravens around here. Hopefully you're right.

BillsNick
04-03-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm out of market so I don't see much mini camp or training camp footage. It's all Redskins and a little Ravens around here. Hopefully you're right.

I hope I'm right too, man. all we can do at this point is cross our fingers.

justasportsfan
04-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Well this is one of those things where we just have to wait and see. 2nd round picks make more than 6th round picks, and it's much easier to play WR in the NFL than QB.

I don't know if you noticed, but YAC have been pretty much non-existent in Buffalo since Moulds and Price in 02, with the exception of a few good games by Lee Evans.

I'd just hate to think of the lost money and roster spot if Parrish doesn't turn out.

Seriously, how bad does a guy have to be before you're ready to stop looking at the positives? If it was up to you, we'd have a roster full of Coy Wires and Justin Bannans because "they have a lot of upside".Every player has positives and negatives. If you are just gonna go with the negatives, there won't be anyone left on this team.

Qb. I don't know how you equate YAC to a qb. Like they say, the wrs 40 time is what arm strength is to a qb. Would that be accuracy? Decision? Leadership? All of which Losman struggled with last season. Are we wasting our time?

See, you use Moulds and Price as an example forgettting it took them more than 1/4 0f a season to come out.

OpIv37
04-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Every player has positives and negatives. If you are just gonna go with the negatives, there won't be anyone left on this team.

Qb. I don't know how you equate YAC to a qb. Like they say, the wrs 40 time is what arm strength is to a qb. Would that be accuracy? Decision? Leadership? All of which Losman struggled with last season. Are we wasting our time?

See, you use Moulds and Price as an example forgettting it took them more than 1/4 0f a season to come out.

I wasn't equating YAC to a QB- it was two separate issues. You said you don't care about YAC as long as he's making catches for first downs. I'm saying it's a huge part of our offense that's missing.

You used Brady as an example of a player who took time to pan out- I'm saying it's a bad example because
1. It takes QB's longer to learn than WR's
2. 6th round draft picks are cheaper than 2nd round ones, so you can afford to take a longer look at them.

THATHURMANATOR
04-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Why are we arguing? It is a fact that Parrish is too small to be a #2 at this point. He needs to put on at least 15 to 20 more pounds to even be considered. I have seen the guy in person and he is freakin tiny. I thought he was some high school kid untill my buddy told me it was parrish.

justasportsfan
04-03-2006, 11:45 AM
I wasn't equating YAC to a QB- it was two separate issues. You said you don't care about YAC as long as he's making catches for first downs. I'm saying it's a huge part of our offense that's missing.

You used Brady as an example of a player who took time to pan out- I'm saying it's a bad example because
1. It takes QB's longer to learn than WR's
2. 6th round draft picks are cheaper than 2nd round ones, so you can afford to take a longer look at them.I know you weren't equating YAC to anything to a qb, but they were neverthless negatives or problems we had last year in the qb position and yet you are willing to give Losman the benefit of a doubt and already looking at Parrish in a negative light.

As far as what our YAC problem was last year, it could've been so many things. When you qb hesitates, it's hard to gain more YAC when he finally slings it. There's also the coaching calls. Ya'll remember KH throwng to Moulds in the last play of the game? It's pretty hard to get YAC when the qb is throwing to you 1 yard out.

Nope, I didn't use Brady as an example with regards to the time it took him to develop. I was pointing out the negative physical attributes coming out of college which was partly the reason why he was drafted in the 6th.

Let's wait and see what Parrish brings to the table before judging him because of his size. Don Beebee wasn't that much bigger but he was a major contibutor when the Packers won their sb.

OpIv37
04-03-2006, 11:52 AM
I know you weren't equating YAC to anything to a qb, but they were neverthless negatives or problems we had last year in the qb position and yet you are willing to give Losman the benefit of a doubt and already looking at Parrish in a negative light.

As far as what our YAC problem was last year, it could've been so many things. When you qb hesitates, it's hard to gain more YAC when he finally slings it. There's also the coaching calls. Ya'll remember KH throwng to Moulds in the last play of the game? It's pretty hard to get YAC when the qb is throwing to you 1 yard out.

Nope, I didn't use Brady as an example with regards to the time it took him to develop. I was pointing out the negative physical attributes coming out of college which was partly the reason why he was drafted in the 6th.

Let's wait and see what Parrish brings to the table before judging him because of his size. Don Beebee wasn't that much bigger but he was a major contibutor when the Packers won their sb.

Well, again, Losman gets the benefit of the doubt cuz he has a harder position (and also the coaches handled his situation so poorly).

We do have to wait and see- off-season sucks.

justasportsfan
04-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Well, again, Losman gets the benefit of the doubt cuz he has a harder position (and also the coaches handled his situation so poorly).

We do have to wait and see- off-season sucks. Parrish barely learned the system ,barely practiced w/ the 1st team and also shares the same excuse you gave Losman about the coaches. :huh:

Yeah, let's wait and see.

Bling
04-03-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah, but Parrish got up. So who the **** cares.

LMAO! He got up for 2 seconds, and collapsed. The guy got a legal hit from a rather weak Stanford Samuels.

On the previous play, Miami's Roscoe Parrish caught a short pass
from Berlin and was leveled on a hard, legal hit from
cornerback Stanford Samuels. Parrish needed assistance leaving
the field.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/scores103/103284/20031011NCAAFFLORIDAST-0nr.htm</pre>

justasportsfan
04-03-2006, 01:25 PM
So Bling, what's the purpose of this thread? He got leveled in college , Willis blew a knee in college. So on and so forth.

realdealryan
04-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Let Kevin Everett go across the middle.

Bling
04-10-2006, 05:23 PM
I'm bumping every thread I've started...