PDA

View Full Version : ewww...it look like the rumor is true...or

acehole
03-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Bills | Rumor alert: Losman could be traded
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 17:45:30 -0800
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/138">Allen Wilson, writing for the Sporting News, reports rumors are swirling that the Buffalo Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) may be looking to trade QB J.P. Losman (http://www.kffl.com/player/9412/nfl). It is uncertain whether the Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) are looking to deal Losman or merely trying to gauge interest in him, but the growing whispers about a possible trade are not a good sign.

Marv!! You must start a rumor..........

Get people to trade up....

ICE74129
03-31-2006, 10:31 PM
Nah man, no way. just another (what is that about 20 now) rumor....

(sarcasm off)

Drive 4 Five
03-31-2006, 10:32 PM
Man I am sick of this **** already. I think Levy & Co. need to quit ****ing around and either confirm or deny this **** right now.

acehole
03-31-2006, 10:36 PM
Anybody really.......what do you think? True or not?

Mski
03-31-2006, 10:37 PM
False

Drive 4 Five
03-31-2006, 10:52 PM
Whether or not there is truth to all of this is not the point. The point is that this is yet one more distraction this organization could have really done without and their response is to sit on their hands while rumors grow out of control by the day? WTF? They need to address this issue pronto.

Meathead
04-01-2006, 12:49 AM
do i think the bills called around to see what potential interest there might be in jp should they decide to go with the other guys? yeah

do i think the bills will let him go for anything other than a high draft pick? no

do i think they bills were actively "shopping" him around? no

do i believe log wears womens panties? yes

RedEyE
04-01-2006, 07:26 AM
Somehow I think that JP lands in Green Bay after all. Green Bay's 2nd round pick for JP Losman?

mybills
04-01-2006, 07:37 AM
do i believe log wears womens panties? yes
:rofl:

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-01-2006, 07:54 AM
Somehow I think that JP lands in Green Bay after all. Green Bay's 2nd round pick for JP Losman?

Redeye.. Sherman is gone... I think he was the only reason GB wanted JP... the key would be... Where is Sherman NOW.

I like JP, but I would not give a 2nd rounder for him at this point... he has to prove something first. Culpepper only got a 2nd rounder and he has a track record.

The rumors may or may not help the draft day action but either way, I sure hope Marv has talked to JP and told him the truth so the kid is not even more messed up!

ublinkwescore
04-01-2006, 08:55 AM
We would be really stupid to even entertain the though of trading JP... we'd be sending the wrong message to any possible quarterback - and that message would be 'we expect immediate success - no chance to grow in the offense, just succeed, or you're gone.'

bigbub2352
04-01-2006, 09:13 AM
the only truth to this is if they plan to take a QB in rnd one come on Vince

John Doe
04-01-2006, 09:22 AM
Marv is a man of his word. He said that Losman will compete for the starting QB spot and he meant it. If he were to spend his time addressing every Losman rumor then he would have little time to do anything else.

chernobylwraiths
04-01-2006, 09:27 AM
Didn't Shanahan say he liked what he saw from Losman after a preseason game a year or two ago?
I would only trade him for a first if I could

acehole
04-01-2006, 01:09 PM
Well if it is true...and we dont trade him...we just killed the confidence of another young QB in buffalo....If it is true and we do trade him...it isnt a bad thing because by the time we contend he will be a FA...his value in the NFL is ok.......possible teams would take a flyer on him in 3/4 round...it would suck but be understandable for Marv to think this way.

And if it isnt true and infact a smoke screen.....that JP would have had to be in on...it is a good one....J Cutler/Vince Young one might very well be there at our pick....so the idea is very simple...what team can predict JP wont get traded later in the draft? ....and the Bills are looking hard at these 2.... They want the phone to ring and somebody offer a trade down because the 2 need postions for the bills OT or DT one doent fit the plan and the other 2 are reaches.

Who really knows?

Dozerdog
04-01-2006, 01:16 PM
I think a writer for Yahoo started a "trade JP Rumor" and now everyone in the media is jumping on.

From a talent standpoint-

The Bills will only trade him in an effort to move up in the draft to try and grab someone like Leinart. Maybe JP, our first, and probably our second to move up six spots. (I'm doing this blind without looking up the points chart)- and that's a longshot as it is.

Cap wise it makes zero sense to trade JP.

Give JP an offense that is simple, and somewhat stable (See pittsburgh and big Ben) and he should be a servicable QB. If not, he's gone next year.

If he can't beat out Nall or Hoilcomb in a fair fight in camp- then just cut him. He won't have any value if he can't do that

HHURRICANE
04-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Well if it is true...and we dont trade him...we just killed the confidence of another young QB in buffalo....If it is true and we do trade him...it isnt a bad thing because by the time we contend he will be a FA...his value in the NFL is ok.......possible teams would take a flyer on him in 3/4 round...it would suck but be understandable for Marv to think this way.

And if it isnt true and infact a smoke screen.....that JP would have had to be in on...it is a good one....J Cutler/Vince Young one might very well be there at our pick....so the idea is very simple...what team can predict JP wont get traded later in the draft? ....and the Bills are looking hard at these 2.... They want the phone to ring and somebody offer a trade down because the 2 need postions for the bills OT or DT one doent fit the plan and the other 2 are reaches.

Who really knows?

HHURRICANE
04-01-2006, 01:31 PM
Great point if this trade rumor is true and we don't unload JP. We might as well role him under a bus because his confidence is all but gone at that point!!

TigerJ
04-01-2006, 03:59 PM
On the message boards on BuffaloBills.com, there is a thread reporting that the rumor originally came from Yahoo Sports, who reported that the Bills might consider trading Losman after Marv failed to categorically deny it. The thread further reports that Vic Carucci had commented on the rumor, saying it's absolutely false, that the Bills would not consider trading Losman because the cap hit would be unacceptable, and he would bring too small a return (like a sixth round draft choice) among other reasons.

G. Host
04-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Man I am sick of this **** already. I think Levy & Co. need to quit ****ing around and either confirm or deny this **** right now.

Why so some impatient fans can be happy? Bills should not release ANY info unless it is not to their disadvantage.

FlyingDutchman
04-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Bills should not release ANY info unless it is not to their disadvantage.

??...english major?

Philagape
04-01-2006, 07:25 PM
On the message boards on BuffaloBills.com, there is a thread reporting that the rumor originally came from Yahoo Sports, who reported that the Bills might consider trading Losman after Marv failed to categorically deny it. The thread further reports that Vic Carucci had commented on the rumor, saying it's absolutely false, that the Bills would not consider trading Losman because the cap hit would be unacceptable, and he would bring too small a return (like a sixth round draft choice) among other reasons.

Cool, now I feel a little better. Thanks!