PDA

View Full Version : Here come the mocks

ParanoidAndroid
04-01-2006, 03:52 AM
Assuming we get our 4th for Moulds...
1. Jimmy Williams S - A superb safety and a very solid CB when he made the switch this past year. He's absolutely perfect for the cover 2 at CB if Clements does end up leaving this year or next and surely upgrades our safety situation.

2. Jesse Mahelona DT - Quick one gap guy who can also attract double teams. Whistle to whistle type player who seems to be in on every play. Is it me or do Hawaiians and Samoans seem to always play like they're pissed off?

3a. Andrew Whitworth T - A RT all the way and a nasty mauler. He can cap the end and allow McGahee to turn the corner. Peters moves to the position he was born to play...LT. All we need now is a guard who can pull and not get in the way.

3b. Ray Edwards DE - He's the prototype but needs guidance and motivation.

4a. Dontrell Moore RB - Don't sleep too long on this guy. He's well worth it here!

4b. Marvin Phillip G - Here he is....the guy who will beat out Geisinger, Preston, and Villarreal for the right guard position after Gandy takes over on the left.

5. Drew Olson QB - Here is Marv's QB flyer...He's an old school type...not a great athelete but smart, poised, accurate, and a solid leader.

6. Chris Hannon WR - He has prototypical size and some serious upside. I really think he suffered from a lack of any type of passing game and was underutilized. Last year I wanted Chris Henry....this year it's this guy.

7a. Kevin Boothe T - Cornell doesn't produce many NFL players but he has a chance.

7b. Brett Bell CB - I like him as a sleeper. He has some nice cover skills and just might be able to provide overall DB depth. He has to stay healthy first...has a history with the dreaded ACL tear.

Marvelous
04-01-2006, 01:23 PM
4b. Gandy failed miserably at LG in Chicago to the point that he was fodder.

Great mock though :):)
:up:

bigbub2352
04-01-2006, 02:47 PM
i woul like to see us go after a RB here have 2 young backs behind Willis, I dont understand how Lionel Gates didn't see time under offensive guru MM, but upgrade from tiny Shaud is definetly needed!

ZacGriffi~82
04-01-2006, 03:14 PM
Kevin Boothe will not come close to the seventh round..

ParanoidAndroid
04-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Kevin Boothe will not come close to the seventh round..

I just think he'll end up like Pettiti did last year....another guy that I was hoping the Bills would grab. If the Bills would have used my mock from last year, we would have Lofa Tatupu, Pettiti, and Chris Henry on this team. Did I ever mention that I am a genius? j/k :D

ZacGriffi~82
04-01-2006, 06:10 PM
I just think he'll end up like Pettiti did last year....another guy that I was hoping the Bills would grab. If the Bills would have used my mock from last year, we would have Lofa Tatupu, Pettiti, and Chris Henry on this team. Did I ever mention that I am a genius? j/k :D

He would be a nice pick but it would be in the 3rd or 4th.

ParanoidAndroid
04-01-2006, 06:15 PM
He would be a nice pick but it would be in the 3rd or 4th.

I'd agree with the 4th...you're probably right.

ParanoidAndroid
04-01-2006, 06:21 PM
4b. Gandy failed miserably at LG in Chicago to the point that he was fodder.

Great mock though :):)
:up:

I just think he had a bad year and he was kind of tossed in there with no real experience at the position. Remember what happened when we just tossed Mike in at guard? He looked lost. If he gets some reps there early, I really think he'll be just fine...I do see your point, though. We can't just bank on him filling in there. We still have Preston, Geisinger and Villarreal to compete...I was assuming that Gandy could beat them out. 2007 will be Geisinger's year to step up.