PDA

View Full Version : Moulds deal as good as done

northernbillfan
04-01-2006, 03:57 AM
4 years, 14 million is what Moulds agreed to yesterday.

What do you think Buffalo deserves to get in return?

Bills wide-out Eric Moulds has agreed in principle to a 4-year deal worth 14 million dollars with the Houston Texans, according to ESPN's Len Pasquarelli. The deal is said to include a 5-million dollar signing bonus.

Buffalo and Houston, the teams not the metropoli, must agree on a trade before Moulds can officially become a Texan. The wide-out is scheduled to meet with the Texans coaching staff and officials, and undergo officials. The sources say no deal will be struck before the meeting.

Full article (http://www.wben.com/news/wgrstory.php?newsid=1488)

TigerJ
04-01-2006, 07:21 AM
I think the Bills are right to hold out for a 4th. A 5th round pick is an insult.

ICE74129
04-01-2006, 07:33 AM
I think marv asked for a 3rd. If they don't pony up a 4th Moulds better go ahead and go back home and not waste his time in Houston right now.

mybills
04-01-2006, 07:35 AM
I agree with ICE. Did I just say that? :eek:

j/k :D

ICE74129
04-01-2006, 07:40 AM
I agree with ICE. Did I just say that? :eek:

j/k :D

Come to the dark side of the force...

SABURZFAN
04-01-2006, 08:16 AM
just give us the 4th rounder. :handball:

Bert102176
04-01-2006, 11:25 AM
I think a 3rd is what they should get, but a 4th is what they will get

Bert102176
04-01-2006, 11:39 AM
I feel anything less then a 3rd is basically a slap in the face

Dozerdog
04-01-2006, 12:10 PM
If I were the Texans I wouldn't give the Bills anything- and wait until they cut him.

Seattle just fell out of contention with the Burrelson signing, Patriots & Eagles aren't going to give him $14 million.

The Texans have all the leverage

YardRat
04-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Houston's fourth might as well be a third. And their fifth might as well be a fourth...maybe that's the argument they're making.

ICE74129
04-01-2006, 12:22 PM
If I were the Texans I wouldn't give the Bills anything- and wait until they cut him.

Seattle just fell out of contention with the Burrelson signing, Patriots & Eagles aren't going to give him $14 million.

They have zero leverage. It's simple, we let him sit. Even with him on the roster we will have 6.5 mill available going into the season. Then next year we gain about 15 more mill due to cap overage coming off and a 7mill increase in the cap.

So how is it they have leverage again? Moulds can sit and turn 33, 34 and do nothing for two years then he can go.

ICE74129
04-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Houston's fourth might as well be a third. And their fifth might as well be a fourth...maybe that's the argument they're making.

And the argument I would make would be we are 32 picks apart. We need your 4th or this deal is dead.

Dozerdog
04-01-2006, 12:27 PM
They have zero leverage. It's simple, we let him sit. Even with him on the roster we will have 6.5 mill available going into the season. Then next year we gain about 15 more mill due to cap overage coming off and a 7mill increase in the cap.

So how is it they have leverage again? Moulds can sit and turn 33, 34 and do nothing for two years then he can go.

And the Bills can pay out $17 million or whatever the contract calls for.

The Texans have time and cap space on their side. They are only competing against themselves in the Moulds sweepstakes.

ICE74129
04-01-2006, 12:29 PM
They have time and cap space on their side. They are only competing against themselves in the Moulds sweepstakes.
We have cap room as well. I say let his ass sit for the next two years. Screw him and whomever thinks they have leverage over the Bills (Whatevere team, Texans, Eagles etc) . I have shown we don't have to cut him and still have TONS of cap room. To hell with Moulds and the Texans and moulds personal advisor. If he wants out then get the Texans to pony up the pick. Other wise be at the manditory mini camps coming up or get your arse fined.

Dozerdog
04-01-2006, 12:31 PM
:rofl: at Ice.

Only GM who will wreck his own team to spite a player.

ICE74129
04-01-2006, 12:37 PM
:rofl: at Ice.

Only GM who will wreck his own team to spite a player.

Its not spite and its not wrecking the team. If you don't get value for him, let him sit. Either he shows up, honors his contract or he gets fined for his actions. God forbid you ask him to show up and act like a professional.

Marv will get a pick for him or he won't be gone. No need at all to cut him.

Dozerdog
04-01-2006, 12:45 PM
I think just the cap space alone is "getting something"

If it cost Buffalo nothing to keep Moulds, then keep him. But you do have to inject a tiny dose of reality into the situation- unless you are ..of course..ICE. Let's waste our resources because of a principle.

If they get a 4th, so be it. But the Texans have no competition at this point. If they offered up a 5th, I'd seriously consider taking it.

acehole
04-01-2006, 12:54 PM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post1423806 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>
<!-- vbPlaza end -->

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/customavatars/avatar4438_1.gif (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=4438)

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1423806><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10px; WIDTH: 100%" align=left><!-- icon and title -->Re: Moulds deal as good as done
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Houston's fourth might as well be a third. And their fifth might as well be a fourth...maybe that's the argument they're making.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig --></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><<<

except of course that fact that it isnt.

Hold out if the deal doent happen......

We will package him in the draft...if so

if not like ICE said We will taunt him a second time....

ICE74129
04-01-2006, 01:40 PM
I think just the cap space alone is "getting something"

If it cost Buffalo nothing to keep Moulds, then keep him. But you do have to inject a tiny dose of reality into the situation- unless you are ..of course..ICE. Let's waste our resources because of a principle.

If they get a 4th, so be it. But the Texans have no competition at this point. If they offered up a 5th, I'd seriously consider taking it.

I see it like this, there are no FA's out there, nor any extentions we need to make in which we need the 5 mill we free up by getting rid of moulds at this time.

Keep him though August if need be. Every team has some injuries and we have seen teams like Carolina lose Steve Smith week 1 of the season in 04. Tell me we couldn't have gotten the 05 3rd rounder from Carolina for Moulds at that time. Same thing now. Be patient is what I say to do. No need to do anything at this time.

Now if the texans wake up and offer up the 1st pick of day 2...take it.

Dozerdog
04-01-2006, 02:52 PM
I see it like this, there are no FA's out there, nor any extentions we need to make in which we need the 5 mill we free up by getting rid of moulds at this time.

Keep him though August if need be. Every team has some injuries and we have seen teams like Carolina lose Steve Smith week 1 of the season in 04. Tell me we couldn't have gotten the 05 3rd rounder from Carolina for Moulds at that time. Same thing now. Be patient is what I say to do. No need to do anything at this time.

Now if the texans wake up and offer up the 1st pick of day 2...take it.They just gave Keyshawn Johnson ths exact contract. that is what the Texans contract is based on. They have a lot of their 2002-2003 draft picks coming up for renewal.

Besides- banking on a team having an injury to facilitate a trade in your favor is a pipe dream.

ICE74129
04-01-2006, 03:14 PM
They just gave Keyshawn Johnson ths exact contract. that is what the Texans contract is based on. They have a lot of their 2002-2003 draft picks coming up for renewal.

Besides- banking on a team having an injury to facilitate a trade in your favor is a pipe dream.

Then he will sit.

clumping platelets
04-01-2006, 09:14 PM
I would accept a 5th in 06 as long as a cond 07 was also included

Ickybaluky
04-01-2006, 10:57 PM

If you keep him until August, you are losing $1M of that cap room (and Ralph Wilson's money), because he gets a $1M bonus when he reports to start training camp in July.

Also, keep in mind if the deal is made for a pick in this year's draft it is better value. You get a player now and get him in your system. If you wait until after the draft the pick is for the following year, and you have to wait to get the player.

In the NFL, a 5th round pick this year is worth a 4th next year, because you have to wait. That is why you see teams that trade out of current picks for future picks get a round higher in return.

Also, keep in mind Houston is picking 1st overall in each round this year. If you get a pick for next year from then it isn't likely to be as high in the round. Thus, you might only be trading up a few spots anyway even if you do get a round higher next year.

Tatonka
04-01-2006, 10:58 PM

i dont konw that philly wouldnt pay that.. and minnesota might to.. and moulds may and probably will chose to go to a team that has a better chance to win. this is the only way they can guarentee that they will get there guy is to trade for them.