PDA

View Full Version : This is the first mock where I've seen Bunkley at #8

NorthCarBills
04-01-2006, 06:09 AM
Hard for me to decide, because every day he seems to be creeping up the boards, and he seems to be the most popular choice for Bills fans as our first round pick. Do you think that's reaching too far at the 8 spot?

http://www.draftnotebook.com/draft_projection.htm

BLeonard
04-01-2006, 06:44 AM
Mel Kiper said it last night, too.

-Bill

ryjam282
04-01-2006, 07:03 AM
I don' t think it is really a reach. If the kid can play, the kid can play. I would love to see us move down a few spots and get some more picks but if we can't do that then Bunkley is the best choice.

HHURRICANE
04-01-2006, 07:05 AM
Mel Kiper said it last night, too.

-Bill

Winston Justice. Trade down or just take him. Ngata and Bunkley both scare me!!

ICE74129
04-01-2006, 07:34 AM
I am sick of hearing the word 'reach'. I love how fans feel so and so is a reach and dont' know much more than what they saw in a game or two and what some geeks put on thier websites in mock drafts.

NorthCarBills
04-01-2006, 11:24 AM
I am sick of hearing the word 'reach'. I love how fans feel so and so is a reach and dont' know much more than what they saw in a game or two and what some geeks put on thier websites in mock drafts.

For the record I was just asking if members of this board who might know more about Bunkley's playing ability than I do thought he would justify the 8th pick.

Dozerdog
04-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Bunkley is climbing a lot due to workouts

That's how the draft site rankings go - guys who do a lot on the field are usually ranked high early, and those who impress with flashy 40 times or come in ripped with no body fat climb late.

Bunkley and Vince Young are great examples. One was good (but not great) comes into the combine looking like the Incredible Hulk and he's a meteor. In January he was a 2nd or third round pick.

Vince Young goes out and beats two powerhouse teams on the road (one for the National Title) has a bad wonderlic, and falls like a piano pushed out a window.

NorthCarBills
04-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Bunkley is climbing a lot due to workouts

That's how the draft site rankings go - guys who do a lot on the field are usually ranked high early, and those who impress with flashy 40 times or come in ripped with no body fat climb late.

Bunkley and Vince Young are great examples. One was good (but not great) comes into the combine looking like the Incredible Hulk and he's a meteor. In January he was a 2nd or third round pick.

Vince Young goes out and beats two powerhouse teams on the road (one for the National Title) has a bad wonderlic, and falls like a piano pushed out a window.

Great insight...thank you.

Dozerdog
04-01-2006, 12:04 PM
This is what you get-

A lightweight interior lineman who relies more on quickness and penetration. He will get into the backfield and get some sacks / rbs for a loss of yardage, but he can be shoved around a bit by a power running team.

He also had some major knee issues in HS and in 2002 in college.

If he stays healthy, and If he is in the right system with the right guys around him (good linebackers) he can be a very good lineman.

NGata is more of a sure thing. Bunkley is high risk/ high reward.

Dozerdog
04-01-2006, 12:06 PM
As the 8th pick he's too much of a risk.

If you traded down to the late teens, maybe worth a shot.

YardRat
04-01-2006, 12:12 PM
He's a reach at #8 because you can get more value out of the pick by trading down.

Even if Bunkley is the one you're hot for, why shoot the eighth pick in the draft on a player only, when you have the possibility of trading down, still getting the same player, and picking up an extra third, fourth, or even a second in the process?

Same risk/reward with Bunkley regardless of where he's chosen, but by trading down you just got an extra player out of the same pick.

Oaklandraider
04-01-2006, 01:57 PM
they have us taking nagta crappy mock, we would take vernon over him. if huff wasnt there.

B-DON
04-01-2006, 04:43 PM
bunkley will be a star for many years, i guarantee it. dont wast any time on ngata please!