PDA

View Full Version : Sabres Slump...

Makaveli
04-01-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm honestly not worried about this slump the Sabres are in, I don't know why but I'm just not, I feel that the boys are gunna smarten up soon enough and play good again, especially before the playoffs, or for the playoffs I should say!

so I'm not worried at all, I'm frustrated, but not worried...

what about you guys?

Dozerdog
04-01-2006, 12:11 PM
I'll give an opinion in 1 more week.

If they are going to tank- the time is now. They better gain momentum in the last 10 days though

pyrrhonist
04-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Like I've said in other similar threads, I'm worried. Yes, it's better to job in the regualr season as compared to the playoffs (Obviously), but it's your regular season that determines your seed. The Rangers & Flyers are flip-flopping the Atlantic lead, with the other team being the team Buffalo is running neck-&-neck with for the 4th & 5th seed. I'd rather have the 4th seed than the 5th, since it grants home ice.

Either way, it's time for Buffalo to get their act together again. I know we couldn't expect 8-9 game winning streaks all year long, so perhaps we got spoiled. But dropping 7 of 8 right before the playoffs was not what I had in mind.

SkateZilla
04-01-2006, 01:02 PM
worried, ..

i rather them Be 4th/5th Seed and play Philly 1st Round than 1st, 7th, 8th and have to face Carolina Ottawa or Atlanta/New Jersey in the first round..

Makaveli
04-01-2006, 06:19 PM
ooooh my.... 3-0... i change my mind lol

pyrrhonist
04-01-2006, 06:24 PM
Now we'll see how you optimists feel.

When a team full of overpaid overachievers is shelling you 4-0 only 5 minutes in, you've got problems. :down:

hammerbillsfan
04-01-2006, 07:20 PM
Only the ones that are hurt are overpayed. :lol:

The_Philster
04-01-2006, 07:22 PM
:ill: I switched over to NFL Europe

The_Philster
04-01-2006, 07:22 PM
:moon: Check your myspace :D

Crisis
04-01-2006, 08:14 PM
OK...NOW I'm worried.

pyrrhonist
04-01-2006, 08:21 PM

When Tie Domi scores his first goal in some time against you, you've got issues. :cry:

I'm watching my taped game of Real vs Barca. Let's hope that this doesn't turn out to be a P.O.S. like the Buffalo game!

PUCKER
04-02-2006, 01:22 AM
I was worried before and after this game...even more so. McKee is right in that they have no chemistry right now. Well they better find it pretty darn fast or we will be out of the first round just like that. :(

qcsabresfan84
04-02-2006, 03:01 AM
oh man, definately worried now, actually starting to get a litttle upset with the teams performance :fit:

Ebenezer
04-02-2006, 03:07 AM
I'm not worried...they are not the world beaters that others thought they were (hence the thread I started where everybody lambasted me). They got timely goals and penalties early in the season that they are not getting now. Another overlooked point is the career year some players were having. Jay McKee had 4 goals before the All-Star break? A few others had totals that they never had before. They don't stink; they've just come back to where they should have been. That and the Olympic break really screwed them up...and I don't want to hear about the winning streak around that break...the defense has been terrible dating back to three games before the break.

I look at it this way...they were not supposed to be a playoff team. They are a playoff team. People were a little blinded because they won 6 in row, won 7 in a row, won 8 in a row, etc. Many of those wins were aided in the fact that there are no ties anymore. Nobody would be hanging off the cliff if this team had been winning 3 losing 1, winning 2 losing 1, winning 4 losing 2 instead of those big clumps of wins all coming together.

FinsownJills305
04-02-2006, 03:08 AM
HA!

SABURZFAN
04-02-2006, 05:38 PM
HA!

you're about as handy as a trapdoor in a canoe.

LABillsFan
04-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Worried No,

They are were they should be. The inconsistant play was very apparent during the first few games of the 8 game winning streak. Playing lesser teams helped the Sabres, but even those teams now are stepping up.

Soft D, not finishing checks, getting out checked and turnovers. Count how many times you hear the three words "But not out" It has finally sunk in to other teams that if you finish your check and pressure the Sabres in their zone, they have a hard time clearing the puck.

The Sabres are not a hitting team except for maybe Gaustad and Andrews. They tend to stop short of checking and swipe at the puck to gain control, and when they do, their clearing attempts are soft maybe to avoid icing, but the turnovers are a serious problem. You don't allow that many goals consistantly, not have a shut out, and allow that many short handed goals without a difinative weakness.

JD
04-03-2006, 12:49 AM
I'm not worried yet.

We'll see what happens after their first playoff game, then I will really make my decision.. LETS GO SABRES!!!

BillsNick
04-03-2006, 08:44 AM
I have a bad feeling about this. I mean 7-0?!?!?!? against the Leafs?!?!? we are simply aweful right now. We have got to turn this thing around, and we need to do it now. These guys are getting used to losing. :shakeno: