PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland still trying to deal Faine

Nighthawk
04-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Browns | Browns still want to deal Faine
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 18:57:23 -0800

Terry Pluto, of the Akron Beacon Journal, reports the Cleveland Browns still think they can deal OC Jeff Faine, but perception among several teams is Faine is a light, 285-pound center. The Browns say Faine is closer to 300-pounds. There supposedly are two to three teams with a sincere interest, but they are in no hurry to make a deal. They might wait until the NFL Draft, when Faine could be part of a bigger trade. It's doubtful now Faine would bring anything higher than a fourth-round pick in a trade.

I wouldn't be at all against us giving up a 4th to get Faine. He's a solid center and we could then play Fowler at guard. This would be baby steps towards rebuilding a putrid OL.

ICE74129
04-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Browns | Browns still want to deal Faine
Sat, 1 Apr 2006 18:57:23 -0800

Terry Pluto, of the Akron Beacon Journal, reports the Cleveland Browns still think they can deal OC Jeff Faine, but perception among several teams is Faine is a light, 285-pound center. The Browns say Faine is closer to 300-pounds. There supposedly are two to three teams with a sincere interest, but they are in no hurry to make a deal. They might wait until the NFL Draft, when Faine could be part of a bigger trade. It's doubtful now Faine would bring anything higher than a fourth-round pick in a trade.

I wouldn't be at all against us giving up a 4th to get Faine. He's a solid center and we could then play Fowler at guard. This would be baby steps towards rebuilding a putrid OL.

Fowler is our center.

Marvelous
04-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Lemmie ask everyone this; Would the extra C insurance make you feel better? I know i would.. Unfortunatly We have Preston as a backup. But he's unproven bigtime. He got some nice exp last year@ guard but he's gonna need a couple seasons to groom. And Faine is rumored to be light so that rules out him playing guard. Not sure if Fowler can play guard.. As much as it owuld be to have him, it's a luxery. And we have rediculous needs..

Dozerdog
04-01-2006, 10:37 PM
I'd take Faine for a day two pick. a 5th or 6th rounder

camelcowboy
04-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Faine at center fowler and Preston at guards. Not bad but i think Faine is too light, Trey Teague JR.

Nighthawk
04-01-2006, 10:45 PM
Fowler is our center.

I don't know, but Faine at center sounds better to me. It won't happen, so no need to argue. :snicker2:

Tatonka
04-01-2006, 10:48 PM
Fowler is our center.

ok.. i am fine with that.. but what if fowler isnt that good.. or what happens if he gets hurt?

how could having faine as a back up be a bad thing?? 4th round pick?

Nighthawk
04-01-2006, 10:59 PM
ok.. i am fine with that.. but what if fowler isnt that good.. or what happens if he gets hurt?

how could having faine as a back up be a bad thing?? 4th round pick?

Exactly! Would love for it to happen, but that would make too much sense.

ryjam282
04-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Damn, if we get the 4th from the Texans, we could deal our other 4th to for him. And, we still move up in the round by keeping the Texans 4th.

ICE74129
04-02-2006, 09:34 AM
Lemmie ask everyone this; Would the extra C insurance make you feel better? I know i would.. Unfortunatly We have Preston as a backup. But he's unproven bigtime. He got some nice exp last year@ guard but he's gonna need a couple seasons to groom. And Faine is rumored to be light so that rules out him playing guard. Not sure if Fowler can play guard.. As much as it owuld be to have him, it's a luxery. And we have rediculous needs..

Fowler is our Center.

Tatonka
04-02-2006, 11:27 AM
ice complains about wanting to fix the lines.. but doesnt want to use a 4th round pick on a 1st round talent.

makes a whole hell of alot of sense.

fowler can play more than center.. and i guess we dont need quality back ups either, right ice?

ICE.. by the way.. i am just wondering.. you seem to think that marv and company can do no wrong.. you have been all about every single move they have made..

I am just wonder how fast you will jump off the wagon and go back to the old ice that pissed and moaned about everything and everyone bills, if they draft a TE in the first round?

ICE74129
04-02-2006, 11:36 AM
ice complains about wanting to fix the lines.. but doesnt want to use a 4th round pick on a 1st round talent.

makes a whole hell of alot of sense.

fowler can play more than center.. and i guess we dont need quality back ups either, right ice?

ICE.. by the way.. i am just wondering.. you seem to think that marv and company can do no wrong.. you have been all about every single move they have made..

I am just wonder how fast you will jump off the wagon and go back to the old ice that pissed and moaned about everything and everyone bills, if they draft a TE in the first round?
I would be extremely dissapointed, but as a smart fan I realise I don't know thier exact plans. We need to drastically address both lines, that is why I say LT, DT, LG in the first 2-3 rounds.

Now if faine was still a 1st round talent, why is he being traded at such a young age? Mike Williams was apperantly a '1st round talent' as well. Are you telling me that Cleveland might have been wrong in choosing him that high? You know, like Buffalo was in Williams? Like SD was with Leaf? I can go on but you get the point.

And what part of Preston is our backup at Center is everyone not getting? He is a perfect BACKUP at Guard and Center. Great asset to have on this team. Fowler starts, Preston backs up.

Tatonka
04-02-2006, 12:10 PM
preston did NOTHING perfect last year.. he looked awful about 90 percent of the time.

but your apparently comfortable with that.

ICE74129
04-02-2006, 12:18 PM
preston did NOTHING perfect last year.. he looked awful about 90 percent of the time.

but your apparently comfortable with that.

He is fine as a backup. And apperantly the Bills staff doesn't agree with you or he would be gone wouldn't he? New staff and apperantly they are keeping him.

Faine is just another 'name' for the madden crew. Just like Mike Williams

finsrclowns
04-02-2006, 12:24 PM
I'd take Faine for a day two pick. a 5th or 6th rounder

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=95712

finsrclowns
04-02-2006, 12:26 PM
Faine is just another 'name' for the madden crew. Just like Mike Williams

Ok. But Fowler is the next Mike Webster, right?