PDA

View Full Version : JP's biggest need

Marvelous
04-01-2006, 11:48 PM
dumpoff/scapegoat need.

-JP seemed to struggle alot even with no pressure. Like when he rolled out etc. I can't stop thinking of how much Rob relied on Larry Centers and his RB's & Riemersma. Poor JP had nobody to dumpoff to. McGahee without getting into a derail here isn't the recieving threat atm. And Royals seems like a blocking TE. And Shelton is decent but he's freakin slow, and a beast blocker.... Although 8 is too high for TE, it would do wonders for JP. But even if we don't go Davis, we need a reliable recieving TE for the kid to fall back on... I'm not a draftnik by any means and know we are rebuilding without the title of it and our lines take priority. TE is no way to start on the right track with the holes we have at both safeties,LE,NT,LG,soon to be RG, #2 WR ETC.

So outside the 1st round, what TE's are more speed,recieving instead of blockers?

YardRat
04-02-2006, 07:20 AM
Leonard Pope is 6'8", 258 lbs and runs a 4.68 forty. Blocking is his weakness, apparently.

Dominique Byrd from USC is fast.

Don't forget we drafted Everett last year...I'd be surprised if the Bills snag a TE on the first day.

ICE74129
04-02-2006, 09:37 AM
JP needs lines, Time and for the fans and coaches to STFU and let the kid develop. It won't happen here in Buffalo

Philagape
04-02-2006, 01:06 PM
There was a TE for Miami who was pretty good ... Everett was his name, I think ... whatever happened to him ....

HAMMER
04-02-2006, 01:08 PM
JP needs lines, Time and for the fans and coaches to STFU and let the kid develop. It won't happen here in Buffalo

I don't think the coaches need to STFU, they are doing the right thing so far.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-02-2006, 01:11 PM
US THE 12th Man the fans we need to get behind him and support him not tearing him down he's still very young.

Philagape
04-02-2006, 01:15 PM

And what are the coaches doing? What have coaches ever done for JP? Start him, sit him, start him, sit him, and now there are rumors of trading him that may or may not be true. They say good things about him but then sign another prospect. The problem with JP is that there has never been a plan for him that was followed.

ublinkwescore
04-02-2006, 05:22 PM
I really don't know what you guys are talking about - when our lines actually came to play, he looked pretty impressive to me. See the KC game. And now with moulds all but gone, I think we'll see a bit more progress.

Michael82
04-02-2006, 05:41 PM
I really don't know what you guys are talking about - when our lines actually came to play, he looked pretty impressive to me. See the KC game. And now with moulds all but gone, I think we'll see a bit more progress.
Great post, I totally agree. :clap:

SpillerThrills
04-02-2006, 06:33 PM
And what are the coaches doing? What have coaches ever done for JP? Start him, sit him, start him, sit him, and now there are rumors of trading him that may or may not be true. They say good things about him but then sign another prospect. The problem with JP is that there has never been a plan for him that was followed.

maybe if mularky was still around then I would have to agree with that statement but this is a totally different coaching staff with a new GM. I'm not sure that JP fits into Jaurons plans or not but I think that if JP is still around when the season starts that he will have a chance to be the starter.

HAMMER
04-02-2006, 10:23 PM

This staff has done nothing wrong with JP. I haven't heard them say anything neg. or pos., they are doing the right thing by saying there will be QB competition. Nall was signed because Mathews will not be back. Rumors, big deal. Don't bag on the new crew for the old crew's sins.

ICE74129
04-02-2006, 10:33 PM

Letting it slip they are shopping him around is NOT the way to help this kid get better.

Mr. Pink
04-02-2006, 11:35 PM
2nd or 3rd round...kid named Fasano from ND.

He'd work well.

billsburgh
04-02-2006, 11:45 PM
Letting it slip they are shopping him around is NOT the way to help this kid get better.
I've been thinking about this alot lately. Maybe this is the coaches way of motivating JP. He said it himself last year that he plays better when he's pissed off and has a chip on his shoulder. What better way to piss him off than to say we dont want you? I think we will see a much different JP in the upcoming minicamps who wants to show the staff that they are wrong in getting rid of him.