PDA

View Full Version : Texas S Michael Huff Coming To OBD This Week

Night Train
04-02-2006, 06:50 AM
Little doubt he's one of the guys being considered at #8.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=77862

YardRat
04-02-2006, 07:05 AM
Hmmm...Detroit and Miami, also.

ICE74129
04-02-2006, 09:35 AM
Little doubt he's one of the guys being considered at #8.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=77862

This was already posted. and If we draft a TE or Safety with that pick, we are in trouble. Lines!

Jersey1031
04-02-2006, 10:13 AM
I want Huff at 8...

Night Train
04-02-2006, 10:34 AM
Highest Ranked Player with the #8 pick. Reaching for a need is suicide. Too much $$ on the line.

I'm not sure Ngata, Bunkley, OT Winston Justice, etc. are ranked as high as Huff for instance... but who knows ? We'll find out in 4 weeks.

You start moving towards needs from Round 2 on, where the $$ is far different and less risky.

Don't say Huff or a safety isn't a need. I realize we just signed Bowen but our other Safety is 57 years old and is getting slower by the minute.

Tatonka
04-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Highest Ranked Player with the #8 pick. Reaching for a need is suicide. Too much $$ on the line.

I'm not sure Ngata, Bunkley, OT Winston Justice, etc. are ranked as high as Huff for instance... but who knows ? We'll find out in 4 weeks.

You start moving towards needs from Round 2 on, where the $$ is far different and less risky.

Don't say Huff or a safety isn't a need. I realize we just signed Bowen but our other Safety is 57 years old and is getting slower by the minute.

ice doesnt get that.. he would much rather reach for a guy than take best available.

he would rather see us take a guy like winston justice, who was a RIGHT TACKLE in college.. and suspended for putting a toy gun in someones mouth... than take a guy like davis or hawk.

ICE74129
04-02-2006, 11:46 AM

I disagree completely. You take the best talent at a need position. BPA is a luxury we can't afford. Not with as many needs as we have. It would make about 200 messageboard GM's happy that we took a safety or TE. I would bet on a small riot from the other thousands that actually have season tickets that we ignored the lines..AGAIN.

I still go with the saying 'If you have a need and can get one of the two top guys coming out...to take him and address that need'.

I would love to get one peek at the Bills board. I bet it's nothing like some of you think.

ICE74129
04-02-2006, 11:48 AM
ice doesnt get that.. he would much rather reach for a guy than take best available.

he would rather see us take a guy like winston justice, who was a RIGHT TACKLE in college.. and suspended for putting a toy gun in someones mouth... than take a guy like davis or hawk.

Yes because it makes football sense. You guys need to stick to madden. I love how in your fits you ignore fact. So for at least the 3rd time today I will tell you again, Justice is expected to be a LEFT TACKLE and START THIS YEAR in this league.

Address the lines and take the best talent available to do so.

Tatonka
04-02-2006, 12:07 PM
not according to his coach for the last 3 years..

can i see a link to these "experts" ice?

Mahdi
04-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Everyone knows we need to address the lines. However when you have a top ten pick, you cannot waste it on a second tier O-linemen or a D-linemen that does not fit your scheme. It is more important that you select a player who is the best at his position coming out of the draft and has the ability to be a top player in the NFL for several years, such as, Vernon Davis and Michael Huff. We also have to consider that there are several good O-line prospects that can be had in Rd 2 that are just as likely to be good players as Winston Justice is. IMO, select the BPA, and if that means Davis, Huff, or Hawk then Im all for it, either way they will be impact players for the Bills.

ICE74129
04-02-2006, 01:10 PM
not according to his coach for the last 3 years..

can i see a link to these "experts" ice?

They are there, do your own work.

ICE74129
04-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Everyone knows we need to address the lines. However when you have a top ten pick, you cannot waste it on a second tier O-linemen or a D-linemen that does not fit your scheme.

Again I say, Who is anyone on this board to say Winston or Justice is a 2nd tier lineman? 2nd or 3rd at his position maybe. But that still means either one can become a top LT.

How does getting a top LT not fit our scheme?

Mahdi
04-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Again I say, Who is anyone on this board to say Winston or Justice is a 2nd tier lineman? 2nd or 3rd at his position maybe. But that still means either one can become a top LT.

The player that does not fit our scheme is Ngata. With regards to Justice, I agree that he may not be a second tier OL, but like you said he is not the top at his position. And my point is that, when you pick in the top ten you should be getting a player who dominated throughout college and was the best at his position. Getting a player like Davis to alleviate the loss of Moulds or a player like Huff to start day one over Bowen or an aging Vincent (also keeping the loss of Nate next year) is also valueable. Even Hawk, would be a great replacement for Fletcher. Ngata, Justice or Bunkley just dont seem like top ten material. Obviously that remains to be seen.

acehole
04-02-2006, 01:33 PM
There ia also word the Justice is immature....not exactly a marv guy is he?

ICE74129
04-02-2006, 01:52 PM
The player that does not fit our scheme is Ngata. With regards to Justice, I agree that he may not be a second tier OL, but like you said he is not the top at his position. And my point is that, when you pick in the top ten you should be getting a player who dominated throughout college and was the best at his position. Getting a player like Davis to alleviate the loss of Moulds or a player like Huff to start day one over Bowen or an aging Vincent (also keeping the loss of Nate next year) is also valueable. Even Hawk, would be a great replacement for Fletcher. Ngata, Justice or Bunkley just dont seem like top ten material. Obviously that remains to be seen.

See I don't know where fans came up with that. Because you pick in the top 10 you go get some 'impact' (Ie madden based fan pick) Player? What we need to do is address the lines with the best talent available.

Too much is put on who is picked where. If we dont' address the LT with Winston or Justice then someone will in the mid to lower part of round one. Now we are left with picking the 5th or so best tackle while putting a TE on the LOS that will do nothing thanks to our QB getting killed and not being able to run.....again.

Mahdi
04-02-2006, 04:09 PM
See I don't know where fans came up with that. Because you pick in the top 10 you go get some 'impact' (Ie madden based fan pick) Player? What we need to do is address the lines with the best talent available.

Too much is put on who is picked where. If we dont' address the LT with Winston or Justice then someone will in the mid to lower part of round one. Now we are left with picking the 5th or so best tackle while putting a TE on the LOS that will do nothing thanks to our QB getting killed and not being able to run.....again.
Would you not agree that the Bills problems on the O-line had a lot to do with the interior of the line rather than the OT? Gandy and Peters played quite well, if you go back and look at the games you will notice that most of the pressure starts from the inside ie ( Teague, Anderson, Villarial, Preston) not from the tackle spots. With that in mind, if the Bills upgrade the interior which they have started to do with Fowler, then the O-line can be vastly improved. And since we are not taking an interior O-linemen with the 8th overall pick, the only player left to choose using this logic is Bunkley, and although I would not mind him, I think that a player like Davis, Huff, or Hawk would have greater value to this team while taking a player like Davin Joseph or Charles Spencer in the second.

ublinkwescore
04-02-2006, 05:28 PM
Hmmm... simple compromise, seems to me we should just trade down and try to get an extra day 1 pick if at all possible and then try for that 2nd tier ranked guy for our line, be it D or O.

Mski
04-02-2006, 05:31 PM
They are there, do your own work.

meaning he cant find them

alohabillsfan
04-02-2006, 07:05 PM
OK so Huff is coming to town, I would bet that Cutler, V. Davis, V Young and maybe another will visit, do you think for just 1 minute that Marv is showing interest inplayers that could be there at 8 so he can establish "interest" in hopes of trading down a few spots? Just a thought? The JP shopping could be smoke and mirrors also!

G. Host
04-02-2006, 07:18 PM
Press is being given "leaks" in order to further Bills goals? Heaven forbid! Some think Bills ought to be completely above board and come out and state intentions of team and just lose any bluff ability so some fan boys don't have heartburn. Same posters would say that you need to show all of your cards in poker before all bets are in.

Kenny
04-02-2006, 07:46 PM

No... he's a top RT. No one know's how he's going to do as a LT.
So what if he's 'projected' to be a LT... I remember someone who we took at #4 who was also projected to become a LT also.

You cant have a career RT play LT all of a sudden. Even if he's going to be good enough to play the position, it'll take time. And I bet Gandy would end up beating him in year1 for the position.

jimbohastle51
04-02-2006, 07:47 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if huff or furgueson arnt there at 8 that we trade down a couple spots and get bunkley he fits our new defense better and another 2nd round pick. i have a funny feeling that they want huff. he could play safety and on 2nd and long and 3rd downs and basically all sure passing downs he could drop into nickle back and bowen could play safety for him. man that would be sick! clements, mcgee and huff in the same backfield with vincent there to teach huff. (another reason i think they kept vincent was to tutor huff) vincents days as a premier DB are done but he would be a great mentor to a guy like huff

Oaklandraider
04-03-2006, 01:35 AM
ive heard the raiders are big on this guy and want to takw him and the niners want vernon davis

1. reggie
2. d-brick
3. lienerart
4. aj hawk
5. mario willaims
6. vernon davis
7. mike huff
8 jat cutler maybe or winstion justice??
9. ernie simms
10. vince young