X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Peters is right tackle

The Bills do not intend to experiment with Jason Peters at left tackle. Their plan is to keep him on the right side, where he started 10 games last season after Mike Williams was benched. "He's our right tackle right now," Jauron said. "He played outstanding football the latter half of 2005. We are counting on that to continue. Not only that, we are counting on that to improve. He has a chance to be a special player." more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: Peters is right tackle

If Peters plays well the first half of this season we should try and get him wrapped up in a contract extension. I'd hate to see a possible good OL split after this year.

We will have tons of extra cap space. We should use that to sign someone like Peters long term and give him more money in year one so the hit will be easier in the future years. It doesn't make any sense just to let all that space unused.

Give him a high figure for this year then his cap hit would be pretty friendly over the rest of the years.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
      • Feb 2005

I agree.. get the man signed long term.
      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

If I'm not mistaken, they are already working on a long term deal
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by keithtr
          I agree.. get the man signed long term.
          I wouldn't just yet. If he is playing well the first half of the season then I would sign him. There are too many one year wonders out there. Should he play well again I'd try and wrap him up for 5 years. He would come much cheaper now then next year.

If we could get him to sign a decent deal right now that wouldn't break the bank I'd go for it before he plays real good. It would cost us more money after he breaks out this season.

Comment

• acehole
            • Jan 2006

It kills me to know our best lineman was an undrafed FA....kind of makes the case for V Davis or V Young at 8 doent it?
            Hated by the stupid..
            Loved by their moms.

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by acehole
              It kills me to know our best lineman was an undrafed FA....kind of makes the case for V Davis or V Young at 8 doent it?
              NO! That tells me we still need 3 OL on this friggin roster! Fowler is our center with preston as the backup. Peters is at RT. That leaves 3 more starters (when villarial is gone after this year)

Screw this bull crap of specialty positions. DRAFT FRIGGIN LINES!

Comment

• acehole
                • Jan 2006

hahahaha ice here you go!!!!! it is starting out there on the mocks....

8.Vernon DavisTEMaryland
                There are great athletic phenoms that come out every single season, but Vernon Davis is better than just an average athletic phenom, he has great receiving skills and adequate blocking skills to go with his athletic abilities. The Duke went to Indianapolis with high expectations and did better than what anyone could have imagined. He came in at over 6 foot 3, 254 pounds, ran a 4.38 forty yard dash (can you say amazing?), had 33 bench press reps, 42 inch vertical leap, and a 10'8" on the broad jump. That may be the best combine performance ever. The Bills look like they are going to part ways with Eric Moulds, plus Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish would be starting, leaving them with not that many legitimate receiving targets. If the needs were bigger, Davis could be a top 5 pick.
                9.Michael HuffCB/SSTexas
                10.Haloti NgataDTOregon
                11.Ernie SimsOLBFlorida State
                12.Brodrick BunkleyDTFlorida State
                13.Winston JusticeOTSouthern Cal
                14.Santonio HolmesWROhio State
                15.LenDale WhiteRBSouthern Cal
                16.Tye HillCBClemson
                17.Marcus McNeillOTAuburn
                18.Chad JacksonWRFlorida
                19.Jimmy WilliamsCBVirginia Tech
                20.Sinorice MossWRMiami (FL)
                21.DeAngelo WilliamsRBMemphis
                22.Laurence MaroneyRBMinnesota
                23.Chad GreenwayOLBIowa
                24.Tamba HaliDEPenn State
                25.Manny LawsonDE/OLBNorth Carolina State
                26.Johnathan JosephCBSouth Carolina
                27.DeMeco RyansOLBAlabama
                28.Kamerion WimbleyDEFlorida State
                29.Mathias KiwanukaDEBoston College
                30.D'Qwell JacksonILBMaryland
                31.Jason AllenCB/FSTennessee
                32.Maurice StovallWRNotre Dame
                Questions or Comments? E-Mail Jesse "JB" Ballard!

Copyright © 2006 NFL Draft Studio Inc. All rights reserved.
                Hated by the stupid..
                Loved by their moms.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

We take a TE or Safety...we are setting ourselfs back. Take LINES.

Comment

• acehole
                    • Jan 2006

Take LINES.<<<

Agree...
                    Hated by the stupid..
                    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

how do you take lines if they dont feel ngata, bunkley, or justice are guys they want? you take justice at 8???
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

1. Glad to see Peters staying on the right - I'm not fond of moving guys around on the line.

2. Having said the above, and knowing Preston is actually a center, if Fowler works out there put Preston in at a guard spot and leave him there. Somewhat of a contradiction, I know, but it's still early enough in his career to plant him at guard as a fixture.

3. Don't reach at #8. Trade down, get an extra pick or two, and pick up the best offensive lineman/defensive tackle available.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          how do you take lines if they dont feel ngata, bunkley, or justice are guys they want? you take justice at 8???
                          Go to OBD and show me he isn't in the top 8 on the BUFFALO BILLS Board. Not the FANS board, but the guys who do this for a living. Again you ignore all the facts. The Bills have been (and it has been noted in the press) Studying this guy greatly as of late. Also McNally followed Winston from ThaU around all over the combine. It is apperant they like these two guys.

If they feel either one can come in, start by mid season and hold down the spot for 10 more years and perform at a high level, then you must take him.

Left tackle
                          Quarterback
                          Right Defensive End

The cornerstones of great teams. We don't have TWO of them. LT is one.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                            1. Glad to see Peters staying on the right - I'm not fond of moving guys around on the line.

2. Having said the above, and knowing Preston is actually a center, if Fowler works out there put Preston in at a guard spot and leave him there. Somewhat of a contradiction, I know, but it's still early enough in his career to plant him at guard as a fixture.

3. Don't reach at #8. Trade down, get an extra pick or two, and pick up the best offensive lineman/defensive tackle available.
                            Again how is Justice a 'Reach' at 8? There is no one here, even me, qualified to say he is. Read my reply to Tonka.

Preston is going to be a longtime backup at Center and both guard spots. The fact we went out and signed fowler and made contact with Mawae shows me he isn't starting. The fact we offered up a huge contract to the LG out of Arizona shows me they aren't happy with thier starter at LG. We have talked to at least one veteran tackle and attempted to sign him. That says they aren't happy with LT now that peters is 100% at RT.

That says to me, Justice or Winston with our first round pick. DT and LG after that. Fowler will start, Preston is nothing but a backup.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

the same can be said in reverse Ice.. you can not say that we have any line guys on our top 8 board at OBD.. but all you can say is "take lines.. take lines.. take lines" in every post.

are you going to jump off the wagon when they take a skill position? i mean i know for the last month, marv can do no wrong in our eyes.. but i am wondering how long it will take till you are back to your old ways.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X