PDA

View Full Version : Winston Justice...I'm starting to think he would look nice in a Bills uni!

Nighthawk
04-02-2006, 08:31 PM
He is really starting to shoot up the draft boards and I'm thinking that with all our needs that he would make the most sense. The only negative about him was his little incident with a toy gun, but it really didn't sound like that big of a deal. The "experts" are saying that he can move to the left side with no problems and if that is the case, I think he would be a very good pick at #8. The draft is very deep in DT and we could get one in the 2nd. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Justice being our 1st round pick. We'll see....

Kerr
04-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Another negative i've heard about him is he tends to get lazy. That's not an encouraging sign.

Mahdi
04-02-2006, 09:17 PM
The problem I have with Justice is how much of an impact he would have on the Bills. How much of an upgrade would Justice actually be over Gandy for us to select him 8th overall. Gandy had a pretty respectable year and that was coming off injuries and inactivity the year before. I would rather select the best interior O-linemen 8th overall than the second best OT.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Justice could and probably would be a huge upgrade given a couple years to develope. I think that the measurable stuff is over-rated but you cant ignore his numbers at the USC pro-day. As for DT I think there are enough quality ones in this draft for us to take one in the second like Gabe Watson.

Tatonka
04-02-2006, 10:28 PM
pete carroll, justice's own head coach, who happens to have NFL experience, stated on siruis radio on friday that he thought that justice would take some time because he had always been a right tackle.. he stated that he never played left tackle because they had a left handed qb..

he also said that he is a great athlete and that he would test physically as good if not better than any lineman in the draft.

so couple the fact that he is not going to step right in and play LT in the nfl.. but is probably not the ideal guy you would take for a right tackle for the nfl.. and the coaches have said that they want to keep peters at Right tackle anyway, so that with the fact that he obviously has some character issues.. laziness and likes to scare people with guns..

i just dont see how he is gonna be a bill.

ICE74129
04-02-2006, 10:32 PM
pete carroll, justice's own head coach, who happens to have NFL experience, stated on siruis radio on friday that he thought that justice would take some time because he had always been a right tackle.. he stated that he never played left tackle because they had a left handed qb..

he also said that he is a great athlete and that he would test physically as good if not better than any lineman in the draft.

so couple the fact that he is not going to step right in and play LT in the nfl.. but is probably not the ideal guy you would take for a right tackle for the nfl.. and the coaches have said that they want to keep peters at Right tackle anyway, so that with the fact that he obviously has some character issues.. laziness and likes to scare people with guns..

Well good for pete. we are talking about one of the most pathetic POS' to ever get booted from the ranks of the NFL. Yeah I really take his opinion on a kids abilities in the NFL. How many teams kicked his ass out?

I thought negative pat was gone? Those crappy, whiny, negative posts seem to keep poping up though.

ICE74129
04-02-2006, 10:42 PM

Where the talented Justice could be going, according to coaches and scouts, is perhaps into the top 10 in the draft. Fox noted that there are teams that like Justice a little better than they do D'Brickashaw Ferguson (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=9817&draftyear=2006) of Virginia, the consensus No. 1 tackle in the draft pool.
"On tape, he's a player, a first-rounder," Fox said. "And that's ultimately what you're looking at when you make the final evaluation. But, yeah, Justice sure jumped out today. He could climb higher [in the first round] now, no doubt."

Tatonka
04-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Well good for pete. we are talking about one of the most pathetic POS' to ever get booted from the ranks of the NFL. Yeah I really take his opinion on a kids abilities in the NFL. How many teams kicked his ass out?

I thought negative pat was gone? Those crappy, whiny, negative posts seem to keep poping up though.

that was such an ignorant ****ing post... i am not being negative about the bills, you tool.. sorry that you dont think that a former nfl coach, and the best coach in college football for the last 3 years doesnt know anything about justice.. but i will take justice's coach on his word.. he knows the guy a hell of alot better than you.

you obviously want justice bad.. you have made that completely obvious.. you are the type of guy who obviously doesnt have a problem drafing players who likes shoving pellet guns in the face of other students.. or who has a reputation for being lazy..

what you care about is that he can jump 39 inches.. and did 38 reps.. because apparently that is all there is to being a left tackle.. oh wait.. he isnt a left tackle yet.. he still has to learn that, because he has no experience doing it in a game.

your ****ing brilliant.

Tatonka
04-02-2006, 10:48 PM
i hope we take vernon davis just because ice might kill himself.

Tatonka
04-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Where the talented Justice could be going, according to coaches and scouts, is perhaps into the top 10 in the draft. Fox noted that there are teams that like Justice a little better than they do D'Brickashaw Ferguson (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=9817&draftyear=2006) of Virginia, the consensus No. 1 tackle in the draft pool.
"On tape, he's a player, a first-rounder," Fox said. "And that's ultimately what you're looking at when you make the final evaluation. But, yeah, Justice sure jumped out today. He could climb higher [in the first round] now, no doubt."

um.. thanks.. i read the article at espn too..

unnamed sources say... blah blah..

i remember another great college right tackle that went at 4 in the draft.. that turned out well..

no sane team would ever take a right tackle who plays with guns over the best left tackle college has seen for a while.

brick did it in games.. he dominated every bit of top talent at the senior bowl that was unlucky enough to line up across from him..

justice couldnt even hold bricks jock.. funny thing is.. all you know about either one is from a few articles that you have read on espn..

Dozerdog
04-02-2006, 10:55 PM
I don't want to shell out $35-40 million for 5 years for another RT - no matter how good he is.

Tatonka
04-02-2006, 10:57 PM
I don't want to shell out $35-40 million for 5 years for another RT - no matter how good he is.

you obviously dont support the bills then, mr. negative!

:str8face:

The_Philster
04-03-2006, 05:15 AM

except for the guns thing, sounds kinda like that guy we just released

Bill Brasky
04-03-2006, 05:24 AM
this thread title is totally :limp:

ICE74129
04-03-2006, 06:54 AM
um.. thanks.. i read the article at espn too..

unnamed sources say... blah blah..

i remember another great college right tackle that went at 4 in the draft.. that turned out well..

no sane team would ever take a right tackle who plays with guns over the best left tackle college has seen for a while.

brick did it in games.. he dominated every bit of top talent at the senior bowl that was unlucky enough to line up across from him..

justice couldnt even hold bricks jock.. funny thing is.. all you know about either one is from a few articles that you have read on espn..

so John Fox doesnt' know his stuff huh? Well that proves what most here knew, your posts hold no credibility. You are set on you are right, you ignore fact.

ICE74129
04-03-2006, 06:58 AM
that was such an ignorant ****ing post... i am not being negative about the bills, you tool.. sorry that you dont think that a former nfl coach, and the best coach in college football for the last 3 years doesnt know anything about justice.. but i will take justice's coach on his word.. he knows the guy a hell of alot better than you.

you obviously want justice bad.. you have made that completely obvious.. you are the type of guy who obviously doesnt have a problem drafing players who likes shoving pellet guns in the face of other students.. or who has a reputation for being lazy..

what you care about is that he can jump 39 inches.. and did 38 reps.. because apparently that is all there is to being a left tackle.. oh wait.. he isnt a left tackle yet.. he still has to learn that, because he has no experience doing it in a game.

your ****ing brilliant.

And bob Stoops was the Best for 4 years before him, but I won't take his advice on who will and who won't make it in the NFL. and I sure as hell am not going take it from some clown that was one of the worst HC's in NFL history.

Here is the real issue, you are trying so hard to prove me wrong you are ignoring fact. Fact is NFL coaches and scouting depts feel completely opposite than you do.

But hey you feel free to keep telling yourself that. In the mean time I am done trying to talk common football sense with you. You're on ignore.

Night Train
04-03-2006, 07:05 AM
The Justice throwback jersey will come complete with prison stripes. :up:

BillsFever21
04-03-2006, 11:57 AM
If we could trade down a few spots for a team that wanted a QB or Vernon Davis and pick up an extra 3rd round pick I'd do it. I doubt we'd get a 2nd round pick for 3 spots unless it was within the Top 5.

I'd be happy trading down and picking him. We would then have 4 picks the rest of day one.

2nd Round- DT
3rd Round- SS
3rd Round- LB
3rd Round- LG
4th Round- FS or CB- Best available prospect.
4th Round- DT(assuming we get a 4th for Moulds)
5th Round- Devolpmental QB in case Losman doesn't come back or pan out.
6th and 7th Rounds- The best players available you think might turn into something.

I think we need to draft a LB that we can groom. LB will be a need next year. Who knows if Fletcher will be back and we don't have any idea how Spikes will return from his injury.

Crowell could play either one of the OLB spots but if we need a replacement for Fletcher and/or Spikes we would be very short.

We need at least two DT's. Draft one in the 2nd and 4th. Let them and Anderson fight it out for our other starting spot. The others can be in the rotation and hopefully groomed into a good player.

I want an OL in the first round but just not with the 8th pick. If we could trade down a few spots and get one I'd be thrilled. If not and we stay at #8 then I don't know who we should take at that spot. The best available players there would most likely be Davis and Huff. Take either of them.

I don't see us taking Davis though until we see what Everett can do. He could sure change the way our offense is ran if he is what he's cracked up to be.

Without trading down.

1st Round- Huff
2nd Round- LT or DT
3rd Round- The opposite of what we did in the 2nd
4th Round- LB
4th Round- LG or DT depending on the better prospect
5th Round- The opposite of what we did in the 4th
6th and 7th- The best prospects available.

If we could trade down a few spots and grab an extra 3rd it would go a very long way.

Mr. Pink
04-03-2006, 01:36 PM
And bob Stoos was the Best for 4 years before him, but I won't take his advice on who will and who won't make it in the NFL. and I sure as hell am not going take it from some clown that was one of the worst HC's in NFL history.

Here is the real issue, you are trying so hard to prove me wrong you are ignoring fact. Fact is NFL coaches and scouting depts feel completely opposite than you do.

But hey you feel free to keep telling yourself that. In the mean time I am done trying to talk common football sense with you. You're on ignore.

Obviously the college coaches go out and scout/recruit high schoolers to come to their college. They watch tape of these people. They know how good someone is and what potential they have, for the most part. Some people just bust.

To say that Stoops or Carroll know NOTHING about a player, especially a player that played on their team is ludicrous. Carroll should be the first and foremost authority on Justices' skill, seeing he's seen em every day for the past 4 years. He knows his strengths, he knows his weaknesses.

Also to say a guy that was an excellent HC in College but was poor as an NFL coach is offbase completely. You judge players coming out of high school pretty much the same as coming out of college. Difference between college and NFL is this...MONEY. Pure and simple. You have 7 mill a year Moulds with a 2nd year HC that made what 1 mill? Why does Moulds then agree and go along with Mularkey? Moulds has more experience and what he's done for years has worked. What reason does Moulds have for listening to this guy? At least in his mindset. So ego also gets in the way.

Go to college, you have a bunch of guys trying to "prove" they are NFL caliber, some there for degrees as well. And you have the occasional prima-dona type. I feel the main reason Carroll succeeded at USC and failed at NYJ is two-fold. Ny media is TERRIBLE and two he couldn't keep the ego's in check. If I was Pete, I'd never come back to the NFL.

To name some other awesome college HC and poor NFL HCs, here's a list of the top of my head. Lou Holtz, Butch Davis, Gene Stallings, Dennis Erickson, Steve Spurrier. CAN you realistically and legitimately say that ANY of these guys can't judge talent? Or have clue zero on what they're doing? If they don't, then any of us can go coach the UB Bulls and get them to win at least 3 games a year!

Tatonka
04-03-2006, 01:42 PM
john fox didnt say justice was a top 10 pick either.. he said he was a first round talent.. big difference.. but ice sees what he wants to see because he is in love with justice.

i wish justice would put that pellet gun in ices mouth.

Mski
04-03-2006, 01:42 PM
any of us can go coach the UB Bulls and get them to win at least 3 games a year!

that should be just about right....

finsrclowns
04-03-2006, 02:11 PM
And bob Stoops was the Best for 4 years before him, but I won't take his advice on who will and who won't make it in the NFL. and I sure as hell am not going take it from some clown that was one of the worst HC's in NFL history.

Do you even read the slop you post before you post it? There's been a lot of coaches in the NFL. A minority of them have a winning record as a HC. Pete Carroll does. He wasn't a great NFL head coach but if had even a small clue you'd know the guy is a very bright guy. He's a brilliant college coach. It's hard to imagine with his obvious eye for talent why his opinions on college players wouldn't carry a lot of weight. Recruiting the best college players is what he's been doing for the past 5 years and every year he has a top 10 recruiting class. You should put the world on ignore.

Tatonka
04-03-2006, 02:32 PM
no no.. john fox said the bills should draft him.. he is better than dbrick.

Bill Cody
04-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Brick is the man. Even JP could succeed with him at LT. He could be the closest thing to a sure thing in this draft. Justice is a good player but switching from RT to LT is not a "gimmee" for a lot of guys. If he can't that's a lot of cheese for a RT- exhibit A dearly departed Mike Williams. Brick>Justice and it ain't close.

Nighthawk
04-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Brick is the man on the OL in this draft, but I do like Justice. Brick would be the ideal pick, but that won't happen...I'd be happy with the 2nd best tackle on the board.

acehole
04-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Winston Justice...I'm starting to think he would look nice in a Bills uni! <<<

Really ....tell how long have you had these thoughts.....