PDA

View Full Version : I think Young will be available at #8.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Looking through the 7 teams ahead of us, I can't see anyone else taking him.

Houston is set with Carr. I can't see them giving in and drafting Young as a PR move.

NO has Brees, and much more pressing needs. They are looking to trade down.
The wild card here is that another team could trade up and take Young (Dallas maybe?)

Tennesee--they will think hard about Young, but I think they'll take Leinart. They will most likely take a QB, but if Reggie Bush were here, they might grab him.

NY--again they might think about Young, but Cutler is a better fit.
If not Cutler, D'Brick or Williams. I doubt they are looking QB.

Green Bay--they just got Rogers last year. No QB for them now.

San Fran--Smith last year, no QB.

Oakland--I guess it's possible, but with the signing of Brooks, I think they will pin their hopes on him this season.

So....if Young is there at #8......the Bills will be considering it.

Looking at our roster, I honestly feel that QB is a need area if Losman is gone or on his way out.
I don't feel like the top DTs (Bunkley, Ngata)are worth a #8.
They are nice players, but I think we could trade down and still get one of them, or another DT that is close in skill (Wroten, Watson, McCargo) maybe even in 2nd.
Brick will be gone.
I think Huff will be gone.
I just don't see Marv passing on Young.

SO....I hope someone makes a move to get him, or we trade down or even up to get Brick or Huff.

I don't think Young would be a great fit here. Not a cold weather QB, although the hybrid sidearm mechanics he has might work out in that environment (see Bernie Kosar).
It just doesn't seem possible. I can't picture Vince in a horribly ugly Bills uni.

Come on Cowboys.....trade up and take him.....PLEASE!

BillsNick
04-03-2006, 11:38 AM
I would say NO friggin way......

But with this crazy talk about trading Losman, I don't know what the Bills Brass is gonna do.

Would I take Young? NO

Would I be suprised if we do take him? NO

Do I want Hawk or Davis? YES

Am I sexy and awesome? ABSOLUTELY

This should answer all questions. :snicker2:

ICE74129
04-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Not no, **** No!

Jeff1220
04-03-2006, 12:14 PM
I really think that Young's wonderlic fiasco got him crossed off Marv's list of possible guys to spend a 1st on.

don137
04-03-2006, 12:37 PM
For some reason I have a feeling Young will go to Oakland. Brooks is not the long term answer. Maybe I am conditioned from the TD era but nothing would surprise me come draft day.

alohabillsfan
04-03-2006, 05:54 PM
please please somebody trade up with us to get him! I still believe that this JP thing is some sort of smokescreen or just trying to get the team and JP to beileve that this is an open position for someone to earn! Marv will be crafty!

P.S. Has anyone in the Bills FO or JP's agent publicly come out and mention that they would entertain offers? things that make you go hmmm? I bet Cutler and Young will also get visits to or from the Bills along with a couple others that teams in the 9-15 range may want!

We will trade down! Period. Bank on it!!

BADTHINGSMAN
04-03-2006, 06:38 PM
No way...

HAMMER
04-03-2006, 09:23 PM
He has Oakland written all over him.

ryjam282
04-03-2006, 09:41 PM
I agree, Oakland will grab him.

Mr. Cynical
04-03-2006, 10:20 PM
:no: