PDA

View Full Version : With the 8th pick overall, the Buffalo Bills select......

X-Era
04-03-2006, 06:44 PM
QB- Jay Cutler

Yes, I am a Losman fan. Not because of what he is, but because of what he could be. However, the slate is now clean. Marv and Co. have NOTHING to lose by going in a whole new direction and cutting or trading Losman.

Now, if you want the kid to have a chance, you hate this pick. Why spend yet another 1st rounder on a QB when you have a young 1st thats undeveloped. I agree. However, theres no way around the fact that Losman wasnt the current regimes pick. If the rumors are true, they have nothing to lose by trading or cutting him.

So, with the slate clean. Basically you can look at Losman while deciding on Cutler or not. Losman has a clean slate meaning hes now head to head with any other option at QB. I like his fiery attitude and his athleticism. But, so far he hasnt translated that to the field. He was not the undisputed leader at the end of last year, and his attitude may have alienated guys like Moulds. He did show incredible athleticism at times. But he also showed poor decision making and poor accuracy at times too.

Would you trade a better 40 time for decision making at QB? I would. Cutler has great decision making and accuracy. In my estimation, Cutler has everything that Losman doesnt. He wont beat anyone with his legs, and he probably wont throw a 60 yard bomb. But those itesm are more specialties rather than what a QB does play in and play out. Cutler can be what Losman wasnt, a quiet leader, an accurate passer, and a great decision maker.

How much of Losmans problems were simply inexperience? I still say almost all of it. But, Cutler day one has some of the most important attributes that Losman still struggles with.

Yes, Cutler will struggle. I anticipate Cutler to have just as much problems. But, I firmly believe that any rookie worth his high round pick will play at LEAST as well as Holcomb at managing the game, and will show added benefits like a longer arm where Holcomb simply cant get it done.

So, I simply look at this as an open competition at QB even at the draft when we are on the clock. If Cutler is still at 8, and I think he will be, our new regime could make a strong arguement that they have a better chance to win with Cutler than Losman.

Leinhart is gone, but I would think about him before Cutler personally. I just dont think he will be there at 8. Young is not worth the 8 pick IMO. Youngs mechanics are garbage, his decision making is questionable at times. His athleticism is sky high. But, dont we have great athleticism in Losman? Its decision making and his accuracy that make us second guess him at all. Well, you get the same concerns with Young and less experience. I say pass him up.

Ngata isnt worth the 8 pick, sorry ICE.
Justice is worth it, but the character issues may scare Marv off
Huff? Yeah hes a player
Davis? Yeah hes a stud in the making

But if the Bills are serious about canning Losman, they immediately need a long term QB solution. Why not get it done with the 8 pick?

Huff, Davis, Cutler. A franchise QB wins out over a CB/S, or a star TE any day of the week.

I still want Losman to be our future, but its not up to me. If Marv and Co. dont. The better get there QB of the future right away, thats likely to be Cutler at 8!!!!

TacklingDummy
04-03-2006, 06:49 PM
It is sad the Bills have spent a 9th round pick on Rob Johnson, a 1st round pick on Bledsoe and a 1st round and 2 others for Losman.

Maybe we can get it right the next time. Im still hoping Marv holds out on picking a QB this year and picks Brady Quinn next year.

BADTHINGSMAN
04-03-2006, 06:56 PM
It is sad the Bills have spent a 9th round pick on Rob Johnson, a 1st round pick on Bledsoe and a 1st round and 2 others for Losman.

Maybe we can get it right the next time. Im still hoping Marv holds out on picking a QB this year and picks Brady Quinn next year.

Brady Quinn:up:..

X-Era
04-04-2006, 07:08 AM
Brady Quinn:up:..

So suck next year, and then suck the year after while Quinn learns? No thanks.

BillsNick
04-04-2006, 07:45 AM
:z:

TacklingDummy
04-04-2006, 07:48 AM
So suck next year, and then suck the year after while Quinn learns? No thanks.

So suck the next 2 years while JP Losman shows you he is a bust? No thanks.

And then start over again. Great 3 more years of sucking.

Mr. Pink
04-04-2006, 09:54 AM
Everyone talks about Brady Quinn next year....Here's the QB of next year....

Troy Smith-Ohio State.

tampabay25690
04-04-2006, 10:26 AM

I would not be happy to have Brady Quinn......

more cowbell
04-04-2006, 10:36 AM
yeah jp definetaly sucks after playing 8 games. your so correct about him being a bust. anyone who plays 8 games and isnt good has to be a bust especially when he is on a 5-11 team. We need ot draft brady quinn so when he sucks after 8 games we can call him a bust too

TacklingDummy
04-04-2006, 10:41 AM
I would not be happy to have Brady Quinn......

I wouldn't be happy with Cutler or Young this year. I'd rather have Quinn then those 2.

more cowbell
04-04-2006, 10:41 AM
winston justice

BillsNick
04-04-2006, 10:43 AM
yeah jp definetaly sucks after playing 8 games. your so correct about him being a bust. anyone who plays 8 games and isnt good has to be a bust especially when he is on a 5-11 team. We need ot draft brady quinn so when he sucks after 8 games we can call him a bust too

:bf1: