PDA

View Full Version : My Mock Draft 2006.....

bigbub2352
04-03-2006, 11:21 PM
This mock Draft is on the basis that the Moulds deal goes down and he receive 1st pick in the 4th round. No Other Activity as is

1st RD - OT Winston Justice USC 6' 6 305lbs when it comes down to it he need O-Line the most I think Ngata will go to GB

2nd RD- SS Darnell Bing USC 6' 228lbs He will fall in my opinion alot of talent good size and speed and We need this postion to be developed Vincent 35.

3rda RD- DT Orien Harris MIAMI 6'4 302lbs PLays perfectly to the style we need has some draw backs but alot of potential

3rdb RD- G Charles Spencer Pitt 6'4 338lbs Would be great if he slipped if not I also like Kevin Boothe from Cornell 6'4 312lbs Both raw but Loads of upside

4rda RD- DE Victor Adeyanju INDIANA 6'4 268lbs Need Depth here 4.6 40 time Good size and Speed lot of potential

4rdb RD- CB Marcus Maxey MIAMI 6'1 201lbs Good Athlete here can maybe transition to saftey would be good against recievers in red zone, very high vertical

5th RD- RB Cedric Humes VT 6' 227lbs 4.5 good speed for a power back excels in the red zone and can catch out of the back feild need depth upgrade here

6th RD- QB/WR Michael Robinson Penn ST 6'1 218lbs Very Athletic and raw 4.5 speed and can catch and run really well Could be sleeper if he is still there slash type player

7tha RD- G Matt Lentz Michigan 6' 5 305lbs Can play both positions good size and strength MICH is an o-line factory could be good depth

7thb RD-DT Manaia Brown BYU 6'4 310lbs a bit injury prone but good speed for a big man needs motivation but can be coached, alot of potential and plays ST.

Obviously this could be way off pending on who falls and what trades are made but in MY OPINION this is what i Think would help us get in the right direction and add some much need depth at certain positions Anxious to here some thoughts...

Oaklandraider
04-03-2006, 11:28 PM
bing may be gone by the texans

BADTHINGSMAN
04-03-2006, 11:36 PM
If Buffalo gets a 4th from the Texans, then they would have 3 4th round selections.. Got ours and the 4th from the Titans for Henry..

LifetimeBillsFan
04-03-2006, 11:58 PM
If Buffalo gets a 4th from the Texans, then they would have 3 4th round selections.. Got ours and the 4th from the Titans for Henry..

The Bills have Titans' 3rd round pick, not their 4th rounder. And they have an extra compensatory 7th round pick in addition to all of their own. If they get a pick for Moulds, they will have 10 picks in this draft.

clumping platelets
04-03-2006, 11:58 PM
Too many lineman......Bills would be forced to cut some of them with no guarantee of adding them to the PS......

We got a 3rd for Henry...

BADTHINGSMAN
04-03-2006, 11:59 PM
Sorry about that, I thought it was a 4th..

Devin
04-04-2006, 12:12 AM
Winston Justice is a RT and its already been stated that Peters is staying put. So your saying we should draft Justice and hope he works out on the left side?

Lienart is a lefty, and Justice protected his blind side but that doesnt mean much in the jump to the nfl.

Bmax
04-04-2006, 02:48 AM
Too many big name guys except boone.. who are living off the pub only..Some of those guys won't even be on NFL roaters come september.. Harris is not the prototype for our def. Aguy like Lewis or McCargo would be a better fit. Justice would be a good pick .. Bing will be gone.... Spencer will be a 2nd rd pick.... maybe low 1st ......I like adeyaju in rd 5......

Bmax

DraftBoy
04-04-2006, 08:01 AM
This mock Draft is on the basis that the Moulds deal goes down and he receive 1st pick in the 4th round. No Other Activity as is

1st RD - OT Winston Justice USC 6' 6 305lbs when it comes down to it he need O-Line the most I think Ngata will go to GB

Not a bad pick here but like Devin said Peters is our RT, you suggest drafting a rookie and starting him at LT who has always been a RT?

2nd RD- SS Darnell Bing USC 6' 228lbs He will fall in my opinion alot of talent good size and speed and We need this postion to be developed Vincent 35.

Size is there but Im not so sure on the speed. Ran over a 4.5 in the 40. He has big technique issues and will bite alot on double moves. He can hit like a mack truck but this guy has a big red flag for me. He would also be Milloy's replacement not Vincent.

3rda RD- DT Orien Harris MIAMI 6'4 302lbs PLays perfectly to the style we need has some draw backs but alot of potential

Great pick here no arguments.

3rdb RD- G Charles Spencer Pitt 6'4 338lbs Would be great if he slipped if not I also like Kevin Boothe from Cornell 6'4 312lbs Both raw but Loads of upside

A steal this late!

4rda RD- DE Victor Adeyanju INDIANA 6'4 268lbs Need Depth here 4.6 40 time Good size and Speed lot of potential

Could be a major sleeper and has good size and speed. Good pick

4rdb RD- CB Marcus Maxey MIAMI 6'1 201lbs Good Athlete here can maybe transition to saftey would be good against recievers in red zone, very high vertical

Great size and the guy can cover but he may never be more than a dime, possibly a nickle back due to his bad speed bc elite WR's will eat him alive all day long.

5th RD- RB Cedric Humes VT 6' 227lbs 4.5 good speed for a power back excels in the red zone and can catch out of the back feild need depth upgrade here

I just dont like this pick we took Lionel Gates last season late and I see no reason to take Humes when there are better RB's available in later rounds like Imoh and Selvim Young.

6th RD- QB/WR Michael Robinson Penn ST 6'1 218lbs Very Athletic and raw 4.5 speed and can catch and run really well Could be sleeper if he is still there slash type player

Another player we dont need. Robinson would force us to cut one of our WR's just so he could see 3rd team time. He is still ways off from being a good WR like Matt Jones was this past season. He's not a bad pick this late but Ill be shocked to still see him avail in the 6th.

7tha RD- G Matt Lentz Michigan 6' 5 305lbs Can play both positions good size and strength MICH is an o-line factory could be good depth

Good value pick

7thb RD- Manaia Brown BYU 6'4 310lbs a bit injury prone but good speed for a big man needs motivation but can be coached, alot of potential and plays ST.

Another sleeper DT, with a big body. The guy has had durability issues throughout his career but he has an amazing burst and can break through the line with ease.

Overall a good draft, I have a few issues with some picks but I would be mad at this Bills draft. One question though, no QB late?

bigbub2352
04-04-2006, 08:50 AM
I would Love to see the Bills take a QB but in my opinion in the later rnds you are better off going with a guy with a ton of athletism ST etc.. WE have 3 qb's now plus Craig Ochs and Tory Woodbury that is why I dont see them taking a QB as for Humes if the Bills carry three rbs like most teams i think an upgrade at RB would be beneficial haveing 3 big backs with speed and productivity is better that 2 Shaud does not cut it for me, and neither does picking up another Rashard Lee rather take someone with potential and see what happens, As for Michael Robinson I am always in favor of taking athletes like Jonathan Smith late rather than somone with limited potential As for Bing it was a toss up between him and the SS from Ohio State I was thinking highest rated SS available and he did run a 4.6 then a 4.53 at his pro day that is good speed Roy Williams runs a 4.5 and roughly the same size(not comparing talent) as for Justice alot that I have heard and read is that he is projected to be a LT in the NFL and I also think Peters could be moved over after letting him play thru offseason I think he would be fine, we definetly need an upgrade from Mike Gandy, also this is a toss up between him and Ngata or Bunkley but i think the only way we go for Bunkley is if he trade out to say Denver's 15th pick and see if he is still there

DraftBoy
04-04-2006, 09:55 AM
I would Love to see the Bills take a QB but in my opinion in the later rnds you are better off going with a guy with a ton of athletism ST etc.. WE have 3 qb's now plus Craig Ochs and Tory Woodbury that is why I dont see them taking a QB as for Humes if the Bills carry three rbs like most teams i think an upgrade at RB would be beneficial haveing 3 big backs with speed and productivity is better that 2 Shaud does not cut it for me, and neither does picking up another Rashard Lee rather take someone with potential and see what happens, As for Michael Robinson I am always in favor of taking athletes like Jonathan Smith late rather than somone with limited potential As for Bing it was a toss up between him and the SS from Ohio State I was thinking highest rated SS available and he did run a 4.6 then a 4.53 at his pro day that is good speed Roy Williams runs a 4.5 and roughly the same size(not comparing talent) as for Justice alot that I have heard and read is that he is projected to be a LT in the NFL and I also think Peters could be moved over after letting him play thru offseason I think he would be fine, we definetly need an upgrade from Mike Gandy, also this is a toss up between him and Ngata or Bunkley but i think the only way we go for Bunkley is if he trade out to say Denver's 15th pick and see if he is still there

Ochs, Woodbury and one of Losman/Nall/Holcombe wont be on the opening day roster. At the very least using a 5th or 6th on a guy like Erik Meyer is a wise investment even if he takes a year on the PS and another year as the number 2 or 3 guy, bc then if Losman doesnt prove he has the stuff we arent stuck in 07 or 08 drafting a rookie QB in round 1 when we are gonna have big holes like at WR. I agree that we need to get another RB, but Gates is a big back with speed, personally I dont see Shaud or Lee on this team come opening day but a pick of a guy like Selvin Young in rd 7 could be a steal. He's had a couple of injuries but when he's been in there he's been dangerous. I think he could be a real steal for some team in round 7. Also think he could one day be a starter, he hits the 2nd level and watch out. Donte Whitner is way above Darnell Bing at this moment. Bing biggest knock is that he has issues in coverage, everybody knows the kid can hit. But we are moving to a cover 2 system where the safeties will be relied on heavily for cover support. If Bing cant cover why make him our pick? If he has shown he can then he'd be an amazing pick but alot of people are down on his coverage skills right now. Justice very well may one day be a LT, but I dont see it happening in his 1st year. It would be a tough transition. And Bunkley wont be there at 15, cleveland is in love with him at 12.

dannyek71
04-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Id like to see what lionel gates can do. Big guy with speed, just needs to add some strength. Could be decent.

bigbub2352
04-04-2006, 10:58 AM
i agree

TigerJ
04-04-2006, 12:56 PM
This is a pretty creative effort. Some originality (Orien Harris and Robinson) is sometimes hard to come by this time of year. Good job.

bigbub2352
04-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Gotta Luv the talent from FLA to many players come out of there for them not to be considering him in the 3-4th round

Hounds
04-04-2006, 03:45 PM
maybe they will trade the 2 3rds to move up a little in the draft

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-04-2006, 04:59 PM
I know everyone is jumping up and down (pun intended) at Justice's vertical, but the guy is not that great. I won't say he isn't worthy of a first round pick, but not at 8. Add that to the fact that he is a right tackle and you want him to be the left tackle, it just doesn't make sense to me. The rest I can live with.

bigbub2352
04-04-2006, 05:56 PM
read earlier post

LifetimeBillsFan
04-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Let me just back up the point that was made about Bing vs Whitner: the Bills interviewed Whitner at the Combine and, according to one report I read at the time, they liked him and he liked them (sorry, no link--too long ago to find now).

Whitner doesn't have the rep as a big hitter that Bing does, but is faster and better suited to the Cover 2. Also, Ohio State DBs have done pretty well on the NFL level, so there is a good basis of comparison in terms of projecting him as a player for the scouts. Given a choice between the two, I see the Bills taking Whitner over Bing if they have the choice.