• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

I think Marv needs to stand his ground.

Risk losing him? Uh we OWN his arse. the only really bad move marv has made was in his last PC where he said 'we won't keep eric at his current cap number'. That was his only dumb move so far. 9 mill in cap room with him...so keep him.

I call a PC if I am marv, talk about this, that, some of Jim kellys comments and wait for one guy to ask the 'Moulds' Question. At that time I say, 'look apperantly I mispoke. Moulds isn't going anywhere unless we get fair compensation. Otherwise I fully expect him to show for all manditory camps, meetings and camp in July'.

If houston is going to sit on a 5th, call up Moulds personal advisor and say 'He needs to be at our manditory pracitices in may (I think may) or he will be fined. Oh and I expect him in camp'. And hang up the damn phone.

I guarantee you someone at the draft will offer up a 3rd in the 07 draft. I take it. We don't have to get a pick this year. A 4th this year or a 3rd or 4th next year, who cares.

Stand your ground marv!
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: I think Marv needs to stand his ground.

A 5th rounder is an insult!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by lordofgun
      A 5th rounder is an insult!
      It is unless they want to swap our #9 in the 3rd for #2. Or a swap of 2nd round picks essentially giving us two first rounders in addition to the 5th round pick.

Screw them. Let him sit.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
        Knows More Than You
        • Feb 2004

I thought that was pretty laughable too....."the Bills stand to get nothing for Moulds if they don't agree to what Houston is offering!!" yeah ok....how does houston have more leverage than us in this situation?

As far as I'm concerned, Caserley could agree to a deal with EM, show him houses, take him to a rodeo, buy him a big steak with 'taters, and even break down hour by hour how much he will be OVER paid. DOESN'T MATTER. The Bills decide if he becomes a Texan or not. The guy who wrote this article obviously doesn't quite understand the situation.
        BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Guys to show you how STUPID the Texans fans are, someone at another board had a link to a HTexans board. These morons are claiming that we MUST cut Moulds otherwise we are 3 mill over the cap.

Lets ignore the fact that the morons miss the point NO TEAM can be over the cap at this point, but these dorks seem to think we need to cut him for cap room.

Maybe clump should show them how the cap works?

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

you can take you fifth rounder and put it where david carrs head usually is
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

how many times does this have to be said?

Eric has plenty of leverage.

He shows up for camp and week 1, he gets paid. Beyond that, he can pretty much do anything he wants. He's still get paid. Sure the Bills can then suspend him for "conduct detrimental to the team" Remember the last two guys that had that one? Keyshawn and TO, they lost 4 games of pay, that's all. Not too mention, if everything does lead to this and then that is what goes down, he will have NO trade value at all. Take the 5th, be happy to get something out of a player that has ZERO desire to be here and move on.

If you sit and haggle too much with the Texans, they'll end up walking away and you get nothing. Seeing the Texans, as we all know now, are the only team with serious interest in Moulds. At least in trade aspects, considering every team in the NFL knows Moulds has no desire to play here ever again.

Comment

• BigGabes23
                • Mar 2006

Marv is a smart guy and I think he Know's what to do in this situation. He will basically go to Mould's agent and say "if we don't get at least a 4th rounder, I will have no problem forcing Moulds to play under his current contract."

I agree a fith rounder is an insult, but I think the first pick on the second day is worth something.

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by biggabes21
                  Marv is a smart guy and I think he Know's what to do in this situation. He will basically go to Mould's agent and say "if we don't get at least a 4th rounder, I will have no problem forcing Moulds to play under his current contract."

I agree a fith rounder is an insult, but I think the first pick on the second day is worth something.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• BillsNick
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by biggabes21

Agreed!

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

I most defintely remember reading a year ago that the Bills would have no choice but to cut Henry,since they wouldn't receive any compensation.

Why don't these reporters :stfu:
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                        how many times does this have to be said?

Eric has plenty of leverage.

He shows up for camp and week 1, he gets paid. Beyond that, he can pretty much do anything he wants. He's still get paid. Sure the Bills can then suspend him for "conduct detrimental to the team" Remember the last two guys that had that one? Keyshawn and TO, they lost 4 games of pay, that's all. Not too mention, if everything does lead to this and then that is what goes down, he will have NO trade value at all. Take the 5th, be happy to get something out of a player that has ZERO desire to be here and move on.

If you sit and haggle too much with the Texans, they'll end up walking away and you get nothing. Seeing the Texans, as we all know now, are the only team with serious interest in Moulds. At least in trade aspects, considering every team in the NFL knows Moulds has no desire to play here ever again.
                        How many more times WILL it take for fans to get it, Moulds has ZERO power in this at all.

Texans offer their 4th or he can show up and play for us or sit and get fined, and fined and fined again. Where is it the Bills have to trade the guy? How is it the bills look bad for keeping him?

the Bills want fair market Value for a good #2 WR. if they dont' get it, they want his services on this roster.

At what point does 'What moulds wants doesn't matter' finally sink in? Keep his punk arse sitting on the bench for all I care. He will show up and play. If not he is supspended for 4 games, then suspended again, and then again.

Moulds has everything to lose if he does that.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
                          I most defintely remember reading a year ago that the Bills would have no choice but to cut Henry,since they wouldn't receive any compensation.

Why don't these reporters :stfu:
                          Funny how that worked out huh? and If I remember the 'only serious org after him' was Arizona. We dont' have to get a pick for THIS draft. a 3rd next year really helps us as well.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

And how many times were either TO or Keyshawn suspended? Once.

They lost 4 games of pay. That's it.

Plus the players union will fight for his rights as a player, and won't allow him to be suspended all year. Like I said, he shows up for camp and week 1-which could be all of ONE play, he's getting paid for most of the year. He can go home and play tiddlywinks the rest of the season if his heart desires and get paid.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have the money available under the cap to make June 1st signings or locking up Fletch, Nate or Peters to long term deals/extensions.

Neither Keyshawn nor TO were worth anything on the trade market. You take the 5th, move on, be happy you got something at all instead of nothing. Plus if you're forced to release him, then he could wind up as Pat and then you need to worry about him twice a season. Which if he does show up week 1 and then gets suspended....you're forced to release him.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

I don't think the Texans are that desperate for Moulds. If they lose out they can always chase Walker

They hold the cards.

The Bills can keep Moulds on "principle" or lose $5.5 million in cap space and a draft pick. Teach Moulds a lesson at the cost of getting players that can help in here. Let's damage our own club out of spite.

Who's running htis team, some deranged ex-girlfreind?

I would like to get a 3rd or 4th but It's unrealistic.

Comment

Working...
                              X