Texans will look like asses if they keep this up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acehole
    • Jan 2006

Texans will look like asses if they keep this up...

Marv tell eric go ahead a find a trade partner..... He probably told the advisor or agent hey we are going to need a 4th on that...ok.

Yea sure lets see what happens.

Ring ring...
    Yea we are interested in eric whats it cost us........a 4th ok what is his contract demands......4 years yadda yadda....Ok lets have him in to talk.

Everything is cool we like him...he can add to our team.......lets try to get him on the cheap now with the bills?

He knew what the Bills wanted coming in...if they werent prepared to pay it they would have never gone this far. Casserly will piss his fans off if he lets this get ugly. Besides there is talk they are trading down....and may have another boat load of picks...if Marv does this he will never have bargining power again in this leage.
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

• BillsNick
    • Jul 2003

Re: Texans will look like asses if they keep this up...

So....what have they looked like since they came into the league??

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

I couldn't understand either of these posts... can someone translate?

Comment

• BillsNick
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Pride
        I couldn't understand either of these posts... can someone translate?

I don't really know what ACE is saying, except that the Texans will look like asses for some reason. I was mearly pointing out that they have looked like asses since they were brought into the league.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

What would be stupid would be paying inflated prices for something you could get for free if you were patient enough.

Do these guys go to garage sales and pay $10 for Items marked $1 ???

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dozerdog
            What would be stupid would be paying inflated prices for something you could get for free if you were patient enough.

Marv wont' cut him. We arn't going to cut the guy. Why would we? We don't need to.

Comment

• McBFLO
              • Mar 2003

I'll be happy if they get the 4th rounder they're trying to land, but if they cut him and not take the 5th being offered.... STUPID!
              Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                Marv wont' cut him. We arn't going to cut the guy. Why would we? We don't need to.

We arent going to pay the guy either, so what is the solution, EM will be cut if he is not dealt its just that simple. If your reffering again to the Keyshaun rule. I will again tell you its illegal to do under the new CBA so we cant do that.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  We arent going to pay the guy either, so what is the solution, EM will be cut if he is not dealt its just that simple. If your reffering again to the Keyshaun rule. I will again tell you its illegal to do under the new CBA so we cant do that.
                  Marv will keep him and pay him if need be. It makes no sense to do anything with the punk unless it favors the Bills. Someone after the draft, or in preseason will offer up an 07 3rd or 4th for the guy.

Comment

• acehole
                    • Jan 2006

All above are true to an extent.

Marv has yet to look like an ass as I think he has been doing OK. You can make a good argument prior to him coming but we have wasted enough bandwith on that......

I am coming to you with poker and salemen experience.

Texans are trying to come after the sale for a discount when they basical "Bought" eric. No saleman worth a dime renegotiate a sale after that.

I am also saying...in poker once a player blinks......he has lost repect at the table for the rest of the game....and Marv is to "young" at being Gm to let this happen. Every deal after this one he loses his stance at the table.....for he has been pushed back before.....

Even if Eric gets cut and we get squat for him....everyone in the leage will know....When Marv says a "4th" he means a 4th....... that can go a long way in life and in this league.

Have I made this clearer?
                    Hated by the stupid..
                    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                      • Jul 2002

Make him suit up and play. If he refuses he doesn't get paid. Win-Win
                      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                        • Jul 2002

They know they can get him cheaper this way than on the open market. That is why they want to do something before he is cut. Once he is free anybody can can and will come after him, driving up the price.
                        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• acehole
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Dozerdog

Well then why no do just that?...There is a risk attached to that...as was posted 13245 times.

Real question is....why start pulling your wallet out if dont have the cash....
                          Hated by the stupid..
                          Loved by their moms.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

I say we just throw in a 6th next year to get the damn deal done
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                              Why would you over pay for a player that does not want to be here. Have him play the year out, be a year older, and get nothing for him, next year?!!

We will get a 5th that we may be able to package for something else. A 4th is unlikely without other suitors.

Comment

Working...
                              X