PDA

View Full Version : Texans will look like asses if they keep this up...

acehole
04-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Marv tell eric go ahead a find a trade partner..... He probably told the advisor or agent hey we are going to need a 4th on that...ok.

Yea sure lets see what happens.

Ring ring...
Yea we are interested in eric whats it cost us........a 4th ok what is his contract demands......4 years yadda yadda....Ok lets have him in to talk.

Everything is cool we like him...he can add to our team.......lets try to get him on the cheap now with the bills?

He knew what the Bills wanted coming in...if they werent prepared to pay it they would have never gone this far. Casserly will piss his fans off if he lets this get ugly. Besides there is talk they are trading down....and may have another boat load of picks...if Marv does this he will never have bargining power again in this leage.

BillsNick
04-04-2006, 09:47 AM
So....what have they looked like since they came into the league??

Pride
04-04-2006, 09:49 AM
I couldn't understand either of these posts... can someone translate?

BillsNick
04-04-2006, 09:52 AM
I couldn't understand either of these posts... can someone translate?

I don't really know what ACE is saying, except that the Texans will look like asses for some reason. I was mearly pointing out that they have looked like asses since they were brought into the league.

Dozerdog
04-04-2006, 09:57 AM
What would be stupid would be paying inflated prices for something you could get for free if you were patient enough.

Do these guys go to garage sales and pay $10 for Items marked $1 ???

ICE74129
04-04-2006, 09:59 AM
What would be stupid would be paying inflated prices for something you could get for free if you were patient enough.

Marv wont' cut him. We arn't going to cut the guy. Why would we? We don't need to.

McBFLO
04-04-2006, 10:01 AM
I'll be happy if they get the 4th rounder they're trying to land, but if they cut him and not take the 5th being offered.... STUPID!

DraftBoy
04-04-2006, 10:01 AM
Marv wont' cut him. We arn't going to cut the guy. Why would we? We don't need to.

We arent going to pay the guy either, so what is the solution, EM will be cut if he is not dealt its just that simple. If your reffering again to the Keyshaun rule. I will again tell you its illegal to do under the new CBA so we cant do that.

ICE74129
04-04-2006, 10:06 AM
We arent going to pay the guy either, so what is the solution, EM will be cut if he is not dealt its just that simple. If your reffering again to the Keyshaun rule. I will again tell you its illegal to do under the new CBA so we cant do that.

Marv will keep him and pay him if need be. It makes no sense to do anything with the punk unless it favors the Bills. Someone after the draft, or in preseason will offer up an 07 3rd or 4th for the guy.

acehole
04-04-2006, 10:09 AM
All above are true to an extent.

Marv has yet to look like an ass as I think he has been doing OK. You can make a good argument prior to him coming but we have wasted enough bandwith on that......

I am coming to you with poker and salemen experience.

Texans are trying to come after the sale for a discount when they basical "Bought" eric. No saleman worth a dime renegotiate a sale after that.

I am also saying...in poker once a player blinks......he has lost repect at the table for the rest of the game....and Marv is to "young" at being Gm to let this happen. Every deal after this one he loses his stance at the table.....for he has been pushed back before.....

Even if Eric gets cut and we get squat for him....everyone in the leage will know....When Marv says a "4th" he means a 4th....... that can go a long way in life and in this league.

Have I made this clearer?

Gunzlingr
04-04-2006, 10:11 AM
Make him suit up and play. If he refuses he doesn't get paid. Win-Win

Gunzlingr
04-04-2006, 10:13 AM
They know they can get him cheaper this way than on the open market. That is why they want to do something before he is cut. Once he is free anybody can can and will come after him, driving up the price.

acehole
04-04-2006, 10:14 AM

Well then why no do just that?...There is a risk attached to that...as was posted 13245 times.

Real question is....why start pulling your wallet out if dont have the cash....

DraftBoy
04-04-2006, 10:15 AM
I say we just throw in a 6th next year to get the damn deal done

HHURRICANE
04-04-2006, 10:18 AM

Why would you over pay for a player that does not want to be here. Have him play the year out, be a year older, and get nothing for him, next year?!!

We will get a 5th that we may be able to package for something else. A 4th is unlikely without other suitors.

ICE74129
04-04-2006, 10:52 AM
They know they can get him cheaper this way than on the open market. That is why they want to do something before he is cut. Once he is free anybody can can and will come after him, driving up the price.

THANK YOU! Fans seem to forget a 4th rounder is worth saving a couple mill or more. FA = bidding war that WILL happen!

ICE74129
04-04-2006, 10:53 AM
I say we just throw in a 6th next year to get the damn deal done

Hell I say agree to swap places in the 4th and swap our 9th in the 3rd for their 2nd and lets do this!

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Gil Brandt on NFL Radio suggested that we take the 5th rounder now, with the condition that if Moulds catch a predetermined number of balls for a number of yards or whatever, next year they give us their 4th and we give them back a 5th. So we end up with a 4th afterall.

It might sound fair.

HHURRICANE
04-04-2006, 11:03 AM
THANK YOU! Fans seem to forget a 4th rounder is worth saving a couple mill or more. FA = bidding war that WILL happen!

We will know soon enough!!

ICE74129
04-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Gil Brandt on NFL Radio suggested that we take the 5th rounder now, with the condition that if Moulds catch a predetermined number of balls for a number of yards or whatever, next year they give us their 4th and we give them back a 5th. So we end up with a 4th afterall.

It might sound fair.

I suggest to Gil that he understands we don't have to cut moulds. 4th or nothing. Now marv may say screw it and take the 5th just to get the POS outta here, but I don't like it. I am with Ace on standing your ground.

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Standing your ground has its place, but I prefer negotiating to reach a consensus win-win situation. And Gil Brandt's suggestion does just that.

ICE74129
04-04-2006, 11:39 AM
Standing your ground has its place, but I prefer negotiating to reach a consensus win-win situation. And Gil Brandt's suggestion does just that.

Stand ground. I agree with Ace this will make Marv look weak. It would be better about mid season to just cut him, than take less.

the trade deadline ends week 6 of the season. Hold him till then if we need to.

Ickybaluky
04-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Stand ground. I agree with Ace this will make Marv look weak. It would be better about mid season to just cut him, than take less.

the trade deadline ends week 6 of the season. Hold him till then if we need to.

Cut him midseason?

Once he is on the roster for the first game, his entire salary is guaranteed (this is true for all veterans).

Once he reports to training camp, he gets paid $1M just for showing up (based on his contract).

Bottom line is the Bills already have requested a paycut, which is what started this whole thing. They don't want to pay him the $7M this year, which is why they will trade him or cut him before training camp.

Granted, there is no rush to get it done, but anyone who thinks that the Bills are going to keep him and pay him $7M this year or that Moulds won't show up to collect his $7M if it comes to that is being delusional.

Mr. Miyagi
04-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Bottom line is the Bills already have requested a paycut, which is what started this whole thing. They don't want to pay him the $7M this year, which is why they will cut him before training camp.
That's what pisses me off the most. Moulds won't take a small paycut from us but is willing to take a 50% paycut from Houston?

Dick.

Ickybaluky
04-04-2006, 11:57 AM
That's what pisses me off the most. Moulds won't take a small paycut from us but is willing to take a 50% paycut from Houston?

Dick.

The amount of the contract has nothing to do with it. The difference is the guaranteed money.

Houston is giving Moulds $5M up front in a signing bonus. He can earn $8M over the first 2 years of the deal. That is security. Buffalo wants him to take a paycut, but if he does so he will find himself in the same situation next year.

This stuff goes on all the time in the NFL. It is just business, the way the league is set up. I don't see why you have to make it out that someone is being the good guy or the bad guy.

SABURZFAN
04-04-2006, 02:03 PM
Even if Eric gets cut and we get squat for him....everyone in the leage will know....When Marv says a "4th" he means a 4th....... that can go a long way in life and in this league.

Have I made this clearer?

no.when you say"that can go a long way in life"how long do you mean?marv and ralph don't have too many years left.