PDA

View Full Version : pass on Vince

Jaybird
04-04-2006, 11:20 AM
If by chance he is still available at the 8th pick how can we pass on him? Ive been watching the guy since his frshman year and he is one of the best athletes i have ever seen. Who cares about his low throwing motion hes 6'5, when your that tall does it really matter. Plenty of coaches have tried to change it but it just doesnt work. First of all i have a hard time seeing the raiders passing on him if available. i am not one of those guys who are down on J.P. I even like the guy, i think hell be good he just needs some time. but would i take the chance of drafting Young.i sure would. beyong the national championship game, where he had the best individual performance by a football player ever. He did the same thing the year before in the rose bowl against michigan, He score 4 tds in the second half, he had a game of over 500 yards this season, what about the comback against osu. the guy is flat out a winner and a leader. those arent easy qualities to find. look at Peyton manning(or his father and most likely brother) they are leaders but they arent winners, and i dare for anyone to argue me on that one.

BAM
04-04-2006, 11:23 AM
I agree with this! I like Young very much.

Philagape
04-04-2006, 11:35 AM
If college success always translated into pro success, I'd agree. But it doesn't.

ICE74129
04-04-2006, 11:38 AM
If by chance he is still available at the 8th pick how can we pass on him? Ive been watching the guy since his frshman year and he is one of the best athletes i have ever seen. Who cares about his low throwing motion hes 6'5, when your that tall does it really matter. Plenty of coaches have tried to change it but it just doesnt work. First of all i have a hard time seeing the raiders passing on him if available. i am not one of those guys who are down on J.P. I even like the guy, i think hell be good he just needs some time. but would i take the chance of drafting Young.i sure would. beyong the national championship game, where he had the best individual performance by a football player ever. He did the same thing the year before in the rose bowl against michigan, He score 4 tds in the second half, he had a game of over 500 yards this season, what about the comback against osu. the guy is flat out a winner and a leader. those arent easy qualities to find. look at Peyton manning(or his father and most likely brother) they are leaders but they arent winners, and i dare for anyone to argue me on that one.

I will argue all day. OU ate the punks arse until we this year when we had 17 freshman starting and peterson out. he is a punk, a stupid punk and doesn't even warrant first day consideration.

OpIv37
04-04-2006, 12:25 PM
here's how and why we pass:

1. Great athletes aren't necessarily great quarterbacks. Of the QB's that are great athletes, so far McNabb has been the most successful, but even he doesn't have a SB ring.
2. No QB will be able to come in and contribute immediately. This team needs help NOW.
3. Although the QB situation for this team is bad, the OL and DL are in dire straits and so far Levy has not fixed them through FA. If they're going to be any better by the start of the season, the draft will have to come into play.

Taking Young would be an unbelievably stupid choice.

BAM
04-04-2006, 12:34 PM
I pray to God that we draft him. There just isn't enough whining and complaining at the Billszone anymore.

Devin
04-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Id take Jim Kelly back before Young.

Hes an athlete no doubt, and what he did against USC was impressive no doubt. But I truly feel Vince lacks that "thing" that a franchise/great QB needs.

Saratoga Slim
04-04-2006, 12:40 PM
I am not even concerned about this possibility. whether Vince can make the transistion or not, I just don't see Marv drafting Vince Young. if I had some ZB's I'd wager 'em.

Devin
04-04-2006, 12:41 PM
You have 3800 ZB's :D

But I agree Young aint exactly a "Marv guy".

alohabillsfan
04-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Please please pass on any and every skill position player! Build the dam lines!
I would not be upset if we drafted
2-DT
1-OT
1-OG
1-C
1-DE
in any order then look at S,WR,TE

BillsFever21
04-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Young will be a bust.

RedEyE
04-04-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm pretty sure he won't be there, but there is always a possibilty. I do think that the Bills would be more interested in a guy like Cutler (better chance of being their) or Leinhart (more than likely won't be there).

If either Cutler or Leinart make it to the 8th over all pick, I think the Bills grab quickly, then fill the line in with later picks. Young will be passed on simply because he doesn't fit Levy's perspective/vision. A low score on the Wonderlic (especially after having taken it twice) says a lot about Young's character. He obviously wants to rely on his atheletic ability only, and more then likely would have a lazy attitude when grasping the mental portion of the game. I don't care what people say about the Wonderlic, these players have plenty of time to prepare for this test, and after having 2 opportunities to take the test and scoring incredibly low, Young is not worth the gamble.