• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

ENOUGH with the VINCE YOUNG TALK

Drafting Vince Young #8 would be INCREDIBLY STUPID for the following reasons:

1. People are obsessed with these athletic QB's, but so far they have only been marginally successful in the NFL. With the exception of McNabb, they're all pretty average.
    2. This team desperately needs help on the OL and DL, and since nothing's been done in FA, the draft is the only option.
    3. No QB will be able to contribute immediately, and this team needs someone who can step up NOW to have any hope of a halfway decent season.
    4. We already HAVE an inexperienced QB who is very athletic but a little lacking in the smarts department: JP Losman. Why do we need 2?
    5. 1st round QB's have a history of not coming through- it's a lot of money to waste on such a gamble (ANY draft pick is a gamble, but early QB's are a much bigger one).

I will be EXTREMELY disappointed if Young is the pick, and I hope the Bills board for the #8 looks something like this:
    D'brick
    Hawk
    Mario Williams
    Huff
    Davis
    Ngata

Again, LG/OT and DT should be priorities, but if Brick is gone anyone else at these positions might be a reach. Any upgrade to the D is going to go a long way. I also wouldn't mind seeing Davis a little higher up that list, but we have Royal and Everett so TE isn't what I consider a huge need at the moment.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • BillsNick
    • Jul 2003

Re: ENOUGH with the VINCE YOUNG TALK

Originally posted by OpIv37
    Drafting Vince Young #8 would be INCREDIBLY STUPID for the following reasons:

1. People are obsessed with these athletic QB's, but so far they have only been marginally successful in the NFL. With the exception of McNabb, they're all pretty average.
    2. This team desperately needs help on the OL and DL, and since nothing's been done in FA, the draft is the only option.
    3. No QB will be able to contribute immediately, and this team needs someone who can step up NOW to have any hope of a halfway decent season.
    4. We already HAVE an inexperienced QB who is very athletic but a little lacking in the smarts department: JP Losman. Why do we need 2?
    5. 1st round QB's have a history of not coming through- it's a lot of money to waste on such a gamble (ANY draft pick is a gamble, but early QB's are a much bigger one).

I will be EXTREMELY disappointed if Young is the pick, and I hope the Bills board for the #8 looks something like this:
    D'brick
    Hawk
    Mario Williams
    Huff
    Davis
    Ngata

Again, LG/OT and DT should be priorities, but if Brick is gone anyone else at these positions might be a reach. Any upgrade to the D is going to go a long way. I also wouldn't mind seeing Davis a little higher up that list, but we have Royal and Everett so TE isn't what I consider a huge need at the moment.

Thank you! god! enough is enough!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I will be happy if Young goes off the board before us, not only because it means we won't be taking him but also because of this:

Leinart and Bush are givens- they will be gone before #8 so there is no point in discussing them. If Young (or Cutler) goes before us, one of the following guys will still be available:

D'brick, Vernon Davis, Mario Williams, Michael Huff, AJ Hawk

Obviously Brick is both my preference and the LEAST likely to still be there, and as I already said, Davis is my least favorite just because I think our TE position is set. However, any of those 5 would be excellent additions and most likely immediate contributors.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BillsNick
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
        I will be happy if Young goes off the board before us, not only because it means we won't be taking him but also because of this:

Leinart and Bush are givens- they will be gone before #8 so there is no point in discussing them. If Young (or Cutler) goes before us, one of the following guys will still be available:

D'brick, Vernon Davis, Mario Williams, Michael Huff, AJ Hawk

Obviously Brick is both my preference and the LEAST likely to still be there, and as I already said, Davis is my least favorite just because I think our TE position is set. However, any of those 5 would be excellent additions and most likely immediate contributors.
        I agree, I would love to see Hawk fall to 8, even though we may need other positions more. I do like Davis, and would not be mad if we took him. Any one of them upgrades our team.

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

say no to huff. Again two points....1) how does huff help run and pass blocking and 2) how does huff rush the passer and stop the run at the LOS?

Hawk to an extent can help #2. Take LINES!

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

I want

1.D'Brick
            2. Hawk
            3.Davis

If non are available, trade down.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• acehole
              • Jan 2006

Yes lets stop talking about vince young in a vince young post!

I think he will be better then Vick or Mcnabb..

I think he will make FA's want to come here.

I dont think he will be ready for the NFL for 1-2 years.

I think if the Bills did draft him....thats how long it would take to build a team around him.

I am with Ice and others on the lack of olinemen and dlinemen....but if all those guys were in place right now...then what? Would we have a contender?

Vince Young is beyond hype...he is like flutie in a sense he just "got it"...he just knows how to win....Tom brady wasnt flashy player with physical skills but he has "it"

I got all the math to linemen issue...I actually still like JP.....but you got to look long and hard at him if he is there. He just makes plays....that make everyone better.
              Hated by the stupid..
              Loved by their moms.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                I want

1.D'Brick
                2. Hawk
                3.Davis

I could see the logic in that as well. The other OL/DT's in the draft are a stretch at 8 and we could still get a decent one before 20.

We'd still want Young or Cutler to go into the top 7 because Huff or Williams would be better trade bait.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by acehole

I am with Ice and others on the lack of olinemen and dlinemen....but if all those guys were in place right now...then what? Would we have a contender?
                  who knows? Losman might be ready to compete if he had the proper OL and TE to help him out, plus McGahee would be doing better as well.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by acehole
                    Yes lets stop talking about vince young in a vince young post!

I think he will be better then Vick or Mcnabb..

I think he will make FA's want to come here.

I dont think he will be ready for the NFL for 1-2 years.

I think if the Bills did draft him....thats how long it would take to build a team around him.

Vince Young is beyond hype...he is like flutie in a sense he just "got it"...he just knows how to win....Tom brady wasnt flashy player with physical skills but he has "it"

I got all the math to linemen issue...I actually still like JP.....but you got to look long and hard at him if he is there. He just makes plays....that make everyone better.
                    No he doesn't just know how to win. Look USC was down and still almost won. had OU not been on the most down year in recent history, TexASS still wouldn't be sniffing a championship.

The guy is the most over hyped guy in recent history. He will be an NFL bust.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      I want

1.D'Brick
                      2. Hawk
                      3.Davis

If we draft davis we still suck. Who cares what he runs in a 40, he won't get 5 yards off of the LOS before the QB is on his back.

LINES!

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
                        • Aug 2005

How can you not take this guy if he falls down to us?

Comment

• BillsNick
                          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
                          If we draft davis we still suck. Who cares what he runs in a 40, he won't get 5 yards off of the LOS before the QB is on his back.

LINES!
                          NEWSFLASH! No matter who we draft this year, we still suck.

We are going to get most of our line help in the 2nd round and up.

If Davis is there, we take him, and I assure you, he can do better that run a good 40.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsNick
                            NEWSFLASH! No matter who we draft this year, we still suck.

We are going to get most of our line help in the 2nd round and up.

If Davis is there, we take him, and I assure you, he can do better that run a good 40.
                            NEWSFLASH! You take the fuggin lines we haven't taken in the last decade plus and quit trying to play fuggin madden!

Screw TE, screw Safety TAKE GOD DAMN LINEMEN!

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by hammerbillsfan
                              How can you not take this guy if he falls down to us?

Because we have ignored the lines for decades? Because Young will be one of the biggest busts in NFL History? Take your pick

Comment

Working...
                              X