X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deathadder
    • Mar 2003

Ralph Wilson Meets With Governor Pataki Regarding Future of Franchise

Orchard Park, NY--Buffalo Bills President and Owner Ralph Wilson, Jr. met Monday with Governor George Pataki in Albany, New York.

The purpose of the meeting was to explain to the Governor the future competitive and financial challenges presented to the NFL's smaller markets. The high cost of the new collective bargaining agreement between the NFL and its players represents a substantial burden to small market teams. The system produces an equal allocation of player costs with an unequal allocation of the revenues that give rise to those costs. This does not ensure a level playing field for small market teams. The Buffalo Bills are the only NFL team which plays its home games in New York State.

Read More & Quotes from Ralph here:

http://www.gizmogamer.com - Your #1 source for the latest gaming, gadgets, and technology news!
  • Pride
    • Jul 2002

Re: Ralph Wilson Meets With Governor Pataki Regarding Future of Franchise

*waves*

The bills will be gone by 08

Comment

• BillsNick
      • Jul 2003

Go Ralph!!

Comment

• Mudflap1
        Next Question!
        • Nov 2004

Not good.

Jon

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
          *waves*

Why do you say that?

Everyone assumes this but never gives a good reason why....

Oh LA needs a team bla bla bla

Oh we are a small market bla bla bla

I think some fail to realize that there is a huge fanbase within 50 to 100 miles from the city(Toronto, rochester, Erie etc)

I am not saying that it is impossible that the Bills will move but I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe that it will happen, let alone a certainty....

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

I also understand that this deal isn't good for small markets but there are many small market teams out there. Are all of them going to move or fold? Get real.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

If the Cleveland Browns can pack up over night and move, then no NFL team is safe, IMO.

Comment

• dannyek71
                Drink Responsibly
                • Dec 2004

if they move, then please get all the firearms away from me
                [

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Hey deep thinkers, maybe he's asking Pataki to broker a sale. Ever think of that ?
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BillsNick
                    • Jul 2003

It sounds to me like Ralph is trying to help this team stay in Western NY.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Pride
                      *waves*

I agree!! Marv's family will move the team because at the end of the day it is about the money. Don't anybody kid themselves. Plus nobody in NY State gives a **** about the Bills. Hilary has done a great job for you guys!!!

Comment

• BAM
                        • Sep 2003

Go Steelers!

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

I am with pride. This shows Ralph knows the team won't make it in WNY without help.

I would like to see him just sell it to one of the local Billionares. Then with greater personal monies and such, maybe they can stay.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            I agree!! Marv's family will move the team because at the end of the day it is about the money. Don't anybody kid themselves. Plus nobody in NY State gives a **** about the Bills. Hilary has done a great job for you guys!!!
                            The sad thing is you are right. They think the fuggin Jets and Giants that are HOUSED IN FUGGIN JERSEY are New York teams.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsNick
                              It sounds to me like Ralph is trying to help this team stay in Western NY.
                              Exactly. How can you say this isn't a good thing. The labor deal is what it is with or without Wilson going to Pataki for help.

Comment

Working...
                              X