PDA

View Full Version : John Guy Discuses The Free Agent Process

deathadder
04-04-2006, 03:10 PM
"I came in and everybody treated me with the utmost respect. I'm just happy to be here."

Those were the words Bills new tight end Robert Royal used with the media after his free agent visit with the Bills in early March. For the Bills it's the reaction they're striving for each and every time an unrestricted free agent is invited to One Bills Drive. Royal signed with Buffalo a short time later.

Buffalobills.com sought out Bills Pro Personnel Director John Guy for some details, to find out just what happens on a typical free agent visit.

After conversations, evaluations and reports are completed among the personnel department and coaching staff on a prospective free agent, the Bills decide whether they want to bring the player in for a visit. If they do the first step is to contact the player's agent.

READ MORE HERE: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3693

ICE74129
04-04-2006, 04:33 PM
"There are certain things we want to accomplish during a player's visit," said Guy. "You want to make sure he meets everybody and gets all of his questions answered. You want to make sure he sees everything we have to offer and where he fits in. It's not just about the money. Some guys want to know if their charity work can be transferred here. There are a lot of things to consider. We try to understand the guy that's coming in here and cater things to his interests."

Now that is just a lie, Ask around here they will tell you. It's only about the money (sarcasm off)