PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with old jerseys?

LtBillsFan66
04-04-2006, 03:27 PM
I have a Moulds, Bledsoe, Winfield.

What should I do with them? I can use the room in my closet. Good thing they are all replicas. And good thing I put a lifetime ban on myself on buying any other sports jersey with a player's name & number. I go generic now. So this will be an issue of the past.

SABURZFAN
04-04-2006, 03:29 PM
give them to needy kids.

Pride
replace the nameplate with your name?

donate them to a charity?

OpIv37
I still wear my Smith and Kelly ones because they were so good for this team for so long.

My Bledsoe one- I still have it but I haven't worn it since he left. It just sits there on the closet shelf. I'll probably either try to change the name if Parrish turns out to be good, or just use it to play backyard football with my friends.

Iehoshua
04-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Only one I have left after ditching my replicraps is....

E-Mo #80 home authentic... Since it was Ebay bought I didn't pay a lot, but it's still a nice jersey... :(

Not sure what to do with it. It's not in my character to wear a player who's departed in such a manner's jersey.

LtBillsFan66
04-04-2006, 03:37 PM
I'm throwing them in the Salvaion Army bin! :up:

Thanks for the suggestion!

The last buffalo fan
04-04-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm throwing them in the Salvaion Army bin! :up:

Thanks for the suggestion!

I can be a salvation army stuff keeper too!!! :bringit:

Night Train
04-04-2006, 03:45 PM
20 years from now, they'll be $300 throwback jerseys.

Use your melon.

Iehoshua
04-04-2006, 03:48 PM
I'd feel bad if some poor person had to resort to wearing an obsolete authentic Bills jersey. I refuse to do that to anyone!

BillsNick
04-04-2006, 03:53 PM
20 years from now, they'll be $300 throwback jerseys.

Use your melon.

And $300 in 20 years will be like $10 right now! :snicker:

BAM
04-04-2006, 03:55 PM
I've got a few Moulds jerseys to unload now... a Bledsoe jersey still.. Peerless.. a Moulds autographed receiving glove.. autographed Bledsoe jersey.. Antoine Smith jersey... all hitting ebay shortly. :(

:sadwalk:

THATHURMANATOR
04-04-2006, 03:59 PM
I pretty much just throw them out. Just like my JP jersey from last year....

tat2dmike77
04-04-2006, 04:02 PM
I use them to start fires with my maltove cocktails

Marvelous
04-04-2006, 04:03 PM
Keep them. I must have about 8 jerseys between me & wife of players that moved on to other teams. The way i see it is they we're buffalo bills at one time and that's why i still claim.

Gunzlingr
04-04-2006, 04:08 PM
I am going to try to change the nameplates on mine. If I can find the lettering, my mother in law is a wizard on the sewing machine.

RedEyE
04-04-2006, 04:12 PM
I have Flutie, Bledsoe, Henry, Price, Bruce Smith, Bryce Paup, and McGahee.

I'd say that it's not looking good for McGahee.

THATHURMANATOR
04-04-2006, 04:21 PM
you can still rock the Bruce no problem man!

ICE74129
04-04-2006, 04:28 PM

What should I do with them? I can use the room in my closet. Good thing they are all replicas. And good thing I put a lifetime ban on myself on buying any other sports jersey with a player's name & number. I go generic now. So this will be an issue of the past.

Take a dump, wipe your arse with them, then burn them. That is about what they amount to.

Drive 4 Five
04-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Depending on the player, I usually dump them off at the Goodwill/Salvation Army whatever. Except for the Rob Johnson one I owned. Yeah I was that stupid. I was going to celebrate the birth of the follwing season (when he left) by getting really smashed and ripping and stomping the P.O.S. out in the apartment parking lot. Then I was going to burn the f**ker. Good thing my wife tossed it first, otherwise I may have had to fork out even more cash on bail bond. I was going to go off.

These days, I don't buy jeresys. I want another authentic one but I think when the time comes I will place my own name on the back. Like Kelly for example. At least he played his entire NFL career here and retired a Bill.

Mr. Pink
04-04-2006, 05:13 PM
you can still rock the Bruce no problem man!

I still rock the Browns Metcalf!

Voltron
04-04-2006, 05:20 PM

At least you aren't stuck with a Mike Williams jersey :doh:

I say we save them for opening weekend and Burn them at the BZ tailgate ... Like you do with a flag when it is old and unuseable ... Cept Williams is just unuseable :sigh:

BAM
04-04-2006, 05:23 PM
I have Flutie, Bledsoe, Henry, Price, Bruce Smith, Bryce Paup, and McGahee.

I'd say that it's not looking good for McGahee.

Henry :doh: forgot about that one too

Plus 2 McGahees. :(

Voltron
04-04-2006, 05:29 PM

I am very happy I found my McGahee jersey! :woot: Other wise I would have to buy some other one :(.

I hope we keep that RB Gates. I will buy that if it ever comes out.

Drive 4 Five
04-04-2006, 05:30 PM

I say we save them for opening weekend and Burn them at the BZ tailgate ... Like you do with a flag when it is old and unuseable ... Cept Williams is just unuseable :sigh:

That's not entirely true. If the jersey was the actual size big Mike wore, well you could sew the ends and bag ALL those leaves in the yard that you raked up over the weekend. I'd say that was maximizing the value of a Mike Williams jersey.

RedEyE
04-04-2006, 05:50 PM

From here on out, I'm buying a jersey with my name on it only. Screw Free Agency.

BAM
04-04-2006, 05:51 PM
I hear you, Red! I'm never buying another Bills jersey unless it says MY name on the back. I'm thinking The_Bradster.

RedEyE
04-04-2006, 05:52 PM
I hear you, Red! I'm never buying another Bills jersey unless it says MY name on the back. I'm thinking The_Bradster.

:rofl:

clumping platelets
04-04-2006, 05:54 PM
Burn them at a tailgate

The_Philster
04-04-2006, 06:10 PM
The greats like Bruce, Thurman, Kelly, Reed, and Tasker I have up on the wall...all authentics. I have my Paup authentic in storage along with my Holocek, Winfield, Antowain Smith, and Spielman replicas...the Moulds replica will be going in storage
follower :cynic:

Mr. Pink
04-04-2006, 06:12 PM
I want a Cookie Gilchrist jersey or a Marion Motley jersey from the Browns.

With turnover these days, I can see wasting like 40 bucks on a replica for a guy who may be on the team a year. Especially if they're not a big time player in this league. Which is why I'd NEVER get a rookies' jersey.

The_Philster
04-04-2006, 06:14 PM
I want a Cookie Gilchrist jersey or a Marion Motley jersey from the Browns.

With turnover these days, I can see wasting like 40 bucks on a replica for a guy who may be on the team a year. Especially if they're not a big time player in this league. Which is why I'd NEVER get a rookies' jersey.
The turnover is why I first stopped buying authentics and then got my own jersey altogether

BrunnyJ
04-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Here in Australia Bills jerseys are a rare sight! Still wear Kelly, Smith, Reed replicas, Leave my Bledsoe Authentic alone, but wear my Jets Ben Graham to Aussie Rules games because Ben Graham used to play for my team.

PUCKER
04-04-2006, 09:10 PM
They sit in my closet,except my Bledsoe jersey...that is used as a dust rag. :evil:

LtBillsFan66
04-04-2006, 09:44 PM
:rofl:

Dozerdog
04-04-2006, 10:06 PM
You shoulda jumped on the Josh Reed bandwagon like I did in 2002

Bill Brasky
04-04-2006, 10:07 PM
what do i do with old jerseys?

i let gf wear them and then tell her that nobody will care. nobody hits girls anyways. except oj. and ray carruth. and that guy on springer.

Gunzlingr
04-04-2006, 10:10 PM
I am very happy I found my McGahee jersey! :woot: Other wise I would have to buy some other one :(.

I hope we keep that RB Gates. I will buy that if it ever comes out.

Lionel Gates, Jr.?

Voltron
04-04-2006, 11:11 PM

Burn them at a tailgate

Do you even Read before you post? Shhheeesh :shakeno:

:snicker:

evol4276
04-04-2006, 11:54 PM
try and lose it somewhere.. that's what happened when i had my antowain smith jersey.. up and lost it but hey, he didnt last long here anyways so no worries :snicker2: