PDA

View Full Version : Question for the board...If JP is gone?

acehole
04-04-2006, 04:04 PM
didn't want him and not him?..

Think about it Adams, Moulds.....some other vet all gone ....JP still here?

Does that jive?

ICE74129
04-04-2006, 04:05 PM
I still think marv is going to do it the military way. When there is an issue like this in a platoon ALL are gone. Brig, Shipped out, moved to another platoon or even company, and that even means the guy that didnt' do anything wrong. they just clean house to set an example.

Drive 4 Five
04-04-2006, 04:39 PM
Yeah but this isn't the military ICE. It is a game for crying out loud and I don't believe Marv ever even served.

Yo ACE. I Jive homey. I feel ya.

Read my lips (er... print) "J.P. Losman will be a Buffalo Bill next year." Thank you.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-04-2006, 05:11 PM
Yeah but this isn't the military ICE. It is a game for crying out loud and I don't believe Marv ever even served....

Marv served in the U.S. Army Air Corps--precursors to the U.S. Air Force--during World War II.

What concerns me is that ICE may be right on this--although I hope that he isn't--because, personally, I don't think that this kind of things should be a reason to let a guy who has the talent to help your team go for personality reasons unless he really does something to hurt your team. However, given Marv's desire to get everyone on the team onto the same page, I do understand that he might have concerns about whether JP will ever have the ability to inspire his teammates to want to be led by him and would want to get rid of JP if Marv doesn't feel that he can (it's easier to let one guy go that get rid of 50 others).

Still, I am encouraged by the fact that Marv has gotten rid of the most prominent dissenters in the lockerroom last season and that JP still remains on the lockerroom. But, I see some of the comments that Marv and DJ have made as putting JP on notice that he is going to have to take a different approach this season and that he is going to have to show that he is capable of getting the rest of his teammates to respect and follow him--or else! And, looking at it from their point of view, I can see some justice in that.

Personally, I believe that JP will still be with the Bills through this season, but that he will have to show Marv and DJ that he is capable of being a team leader during the course of this season or he will be gone before training camp begins next year. I actually would be shocked if they get rid of Losman--which would be for virtually nothing--this season.

Drive 4 Five
04-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Marv served in the U.S. Army Air Corps--precursors to the U.S. Air Force--during World War II.

What concerns me is that ICE may be right on this--although I hope that he isn't--because, personally, I don't think that this kind of things should be a reason to let a guy who has the talent to help your team go for personality reasons unless he really does something to hurt your team. However, given Marv's desire to get everyone on the team onto the same page, I do understand that he might have concerns about whether JP will ever have the ability to inspire his teammates to want to be led by him and would want to get rid of JP if Marv doesn't feel that he can (it's easier to let one guy go that get rid of 50 others).

Still, I am encouraged by the fact that Marv has gotten rid of the most prominent dissenters in the lockerroom last season and that JP still remains on the lockerroom. But, I see some of the comments that Marv and DJ have made as putting JP on notice that he is going to have to take a different approach this season and that he is going to have to show that he is capable of getting the rest of his teammates to respect and follow him--or else! And, looking at it from their point of view, I can see some justice in that.

Personally, I believe that JP will still be with the Bills through this season, but that he will have to show Marv and DJ that he is capable of being a team leader during the course of this season or he will be gone before training camp begins next year. I actually would be shocked if they get rid of Losman--which would be for virtually nothing--this season.

Well I stand corrected. Although I still do not believe that this had anything to do with the release of those players. I think they were evaluated individually, production versus value, attitude, all of those things combined. Moulds did not want to be here any longer. What can you do? As for Milloy, I don't believe he was worth the money we were paying him to begin with. Sam Adams? The only explanation I can think of is that he must have really really made a bad impression because we sure could have used him this year.

Ok so not that ICE couldn't be partially right but I think the point he made is a little extreme. Ship them all out? C'mon. You don't really believe that do you?

LifetimeBillsFan
04-04-2006, 06:09 PM
....Ok so not that ICE couldn't be partially right but I think the point he made is a little extreme. Ship them all out? C'mon. You don't really believe that do you?

Yeah, I do believe that it is very possible....

I realize that it was a long time ago, but I played for coaches who would do it in a heartbeat (and a couple who did). Now, admittedly, they were real "Old School" coaches, but Marv has a lot of "Old School" in him and so does DJ.

The Bills didn't save that much by getting rid of Milloy and Adams, but, when you consider that the Bills asked Vincent to take a FO job (which he declined) and got rid of Moulds, Milloy and Adams without really getting a solid replacement for Moulds or Adams yet, you have to admit that Marv has already moved out a lot of the players who were at the center of last year's lockerroom revolt and sent a strong message to the lockerroom. Don't think that the guys who are remaining haven't noticed that or the fact that Marv has put Losman on notice by giving the media reason to believe that the Bills are unhappy with him and are shopping him around. I don't know about you, but I don't believe in coincidences...and, with an old guy like Marv pulling the strings, I don't believe for a minute that any of this has been coincidental.

acehole
04-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Yeah, I do believe that it is very possible....

I realize that it was a long time ago, but I played for coaches who would do it in a heartbeat (and a couple who did). Now, admittedly, they were real "Old School" coaches, but Marv has a lot of "Old School" in him and so does DJ.

The Bills didn't save that much by getting rid of Milloy and Adams, but, when you consider that the Bills asked Vincent to take a FO job (which he declined) and got rid of Moulds, Milloy and Adams without really getting a solid replacement for Moulds or Adams yet, you have to admit that Marv has already moved out a lot of the players who were at the center of last year's lockerroom revolt and sent a strong message to the lockerroom. Don't think that the guys who are remaining haven't noticed that or the fact that Marv has put Losman on notice by giving the media reason to believe that the Bills are unhappy with him and are shopping him around. I don't know about you, but I don't believe in coincidences...and, with an old guy like Marv pulling the strings, I don't believe for a minute that any of this has been coincidental.

This is what I was getting at a problem with player coaches as well after a while the vets run the team...I like your point of "There is a new sheriff in town" mentality.... but it was a little strange the guys who call out mularkey over JP are gone......And at the very least if the JP rumor is one planted by marv....if infact doesnt get any bits.....puts JP to his right size. (If in fact some of those JP rumors about him walking around like farve are true)
Interesting....