What would a move to rochester do for the Bills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

What would a move to rochester do for the Bills?

It is possible that a move there can attract more fans from the Eastern part of the state?
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Re: What would a move to rochester do for the Bills?

Would they become an Arena Football II team?

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

C'mon man. That wouldn't do anything. If they move, they are going to MOVE...

Jon

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Just a thought. I have heard many from that area say that ticket sales might increase

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

If they moved more East, say East of Roch-cha-cha, they might gain more New York fans, but lose some Canadian and and WNY fans. And it still doesn't solve their small market problems. If anything it creates more.

However, I was thinking a move to Albany may create a larger fan base from VT, Connecticut, Western Mass & W New Hamshire, as well as the old fan base from Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse etc. It could also attract some corporate business out of NYC, Hartford, Albany, Rutland, Montpileir etc.

..but they would still lose a great amount of traffic from Canada.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
            It is possible that a move there can attract more fans from the Eastern part of the state?
            What would be the point of moving to Rochester less than an hour away?

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE
              If they moved more East, say East of Roch-cha-cha, they might gain more New York fans, but lose some Canadian and and WNY fans. And it still doesn't solve their small market problems. If anything it creates more.

However, I was thinking a move to Albany may create a larger fan base from VT, Connecticut, Western Mass & W New Hamshire, as well as the old fan base from Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse etc. It could also attract some corporate business out of NYC, Hartford, Albany, Rutland, Montpileir etc.

Good point. I would like to see more business support from those areas.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

Moving in-state wise...I'd say the closest they could stay and legitimately attract more fans would be Syracuse. Just my opinion.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

They wouldn't be the Buffalo Bills then
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Moving to Rochester wouldn't help. But putting a stadium East of Buffalo would- it would be easier for Rochester fans to get to the games and after the games, the Buffalo/Canada people could go west and the Rochester people could go East- as opposed to now where everyone has to go in the same direction....
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bombdiggity
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by RedEyE

i would die if that happened. I'd defintly be a season ticket holder. Although I think that would be a little far fetched as Albany has a population less than 100k and it been relitivly close to NYC which is really good but its also a catch 22. NYC is mostly Giants and Jets fans. I dont think the move would solve money problems to make it worth it.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                        What would be the point of moving to Rochester less than an hour away?
                        I've had numerous threads about this.

Rochester serves as a neutrality point for the entire region. It would make it easier for all fans to get to the games, it would stabilize the fanbase, IMO.

Being in Buffalo, people have to haul ass all the way from the central, eastern, and other western parts of the state. In Rochester, the team is accessible to most fans within an hour/ hour and a half drive. I think it could work, but it has obvious downfalls like the whole "Canadian traffic" bs... plain and simple if you are a fan you will find a way to add the extra 50 minutes or so to get to the game. People have been doing it for years.

I don't like the idea of moving the team to Albany. Why do they deserve a team? That city is in worse shape than Syracuse, and Albany is the main reason why WNY is a complete mess. Why reward the state that has **** on the entire WNY region for years by moving one of the assets we have left to their territory. I'd rather see the team move the LA than Albany. That place can rot and sink into the Hudson along with NYC for all I care.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                          They wouldn't be the Buffalo Bills then
                          Well you could have the New york Bills or the LA bills. It is getting closer to it being one of those.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            Moving to Rochester wouldn't help. But putting a stadium East of Buffalo would- it would be easier for Rochester fans to get to the games and after the games, the Buffalo/Canada people could go west and the Rochester people could go East- as opposed to now where everyone has to go in the same direction....
                            Agreed!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
                              I've had numerous threads about this.

Rochester serves as a neutrality point for the entire region. It would make it easier for all fans to get to the games, it would stabilize the fanbase, IMO.

Being in Buffalo, people have to haul ass all the way from the central, eastern, and other western parts of the state. In Rochester, the team is accessible to most fans within an hour/ hour and a half drive. I think it could work, but it has obvious downfalls like the whole "Canadian traffic" bs... plain and simple if you are a fan you will find a way to add the extra 50 minutes or so to get to the game. People have been doing it for years.

I don't like the idea of moving the team to Albany. Why do they deserve a team? That city is in worse shape than Syracuse, and Albany is the main reason why WNY is a complete mess. Why reward the state that has **** on the entire WNY region for years by moving one of the assets we have left to their territory. I'd rather see the team move the LA than Albany. That place can rot and sink into the Hudson along with NYC for all I care.
                              What are you talking about? Toronto is by far the biggest city closet to Buffalo. Why move farther away? To get all the people from that bustling metropolis Syracuse??? How bout Albany??? Not to mention Rochester is a smaller city itself. Moving the Bills to Rochester would be nothing short of idiotic.

Comment

Working...
                              X