PDA

View Full Version : Reeds the man

cutter10x
02-04-2003, 07:40 PM
:badboy:

hey, who cares if price goes, reed is going to better anyhow, and ya we should spend the money, on DEFENSE

Dozerdog
02-04-2003, 07:55 PM
AMEN!!!

JefftheBillsfan
02-04-2003, 08:04 PM
I would love to see someone like Jerry Rice come in for a year still...

Dozerdog
02-04-2003, 08:13 PM
Why?

Eric Moulds is the #1 guy. Bringing in Rice is like bringing in Favre to back up Bledsoe. This isn't Madden or the Pro Bowl. That takes up cap space, it is a detriment to the development of Reed, ( less balls his way) less emphasis on the run ( we don't need that).

The more I chew on it, the more I don't like the Idea of bringing him (Peerless) back. Maybe a tag and trade, but that's it. Bring in a solid #3 guy like a Mar-Tay Jenkins, and make a splash for a top flight TE (JR is fine if he takes a pay cut)

Fix the damn D!

justasportsfan
02-04-2003, 08:22 PM
Na, let Rice come in and make him play DE.

mybills
02-05-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by cutter10x
:badboy:

hey, who cares if price goes, reed is going to better anyhow

I just love all of you psychics! lol

Price is staying, and he's not money hungry. :p:

don137
02-05-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by mybills

Price is staying, and he's not money hungry. :p:

:huh:

mybills
02-05-2003, 10:41 AM
Don, that's what I've been reading. Some people are saying, "He's gonna want as much as Moulds."
"He's gonna throw a hissy fit."
"He's gonna want more money."
He's gonna this, and he's gonna that.
:scratch:
Let's just wait and see.

WG
02-05-2003, 11:38 AM
He's sure gonna be cryin' up a storm if his numbers aren't on pace for this years. He's already implied that. If we sign Price you know it's all gonna come down to his own personal satisfaction whether it was a good sign or not. He won't be a team player.

Fix the D-E-F-E-N-S-E!!!

colin
02-05-2003, 11:48 AM
Price is an outstanding player, he should be resigned.

justasportsfan
02-05-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by colin

I agree , but for how much?

mybills
02-05-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
He's sure gonna be cryin' up a storm if his numbers aren't on pace for this years. He's already implied that. If we sign Price you know it's all gonna come down to his own personal satisfaction whether it was a good sign or not. He won't be a team player.

Fix the D-E-F-E-N-S-E!!!

I think there's a big difference between wanting the self gratification of being the best you can be, and the self gratification of being good enough for a team. He is a team player, he's proven that already. I also believe that he wants the S.B. ring much more than anything he's being acused of here. And finally, I believe we can fix the defense and keep Price too. I think too many fans are kidding themselves, just like they do with somebody else on our team! ;)

WG
02-05-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by colin

So are Spikes, Adams, Noble, Holiday, and McKnight. But we simply can't afford to sign all of them.

This is a zero sum game. It's not a free-spending bonanza!

There were no issues for talent on the offensive side of the ball this past season. There won't be even if Price leaves barring us releasing JR and Moore if that even happens.

There is however, a glaring deficiency of talent on the defensive side of the ball. As much as we'd like to hope that Office, Edwards, Ahanotu, Jones, etc. step up, not one of them has proven that they are anything more than a capable backup. Only Pat Williams has proven to be of starter caliber, and perhaps Schobel.

We need a DT, OLB, DE, S possibly. And we can sure use 2 LBs as well.

We can sign Price. But offense was not our problem inasmuch as talent went. Defense was. The O will click just fine w/o Price. The D was in trouble already and was not well stocked w/ talent.

Of all the yardage, attempt, and completion records that this team set this past season, we were still only 8-8. If it was issues w/ the passing game, then resigning Price apparently isn't going to help correct the situation.

WG
02-05-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by mybills

I think there's a big difference between wanting the self gratification of being the best you can be, and the self gratification of being good enough for a team. He is a team player, he's proven that already. I also believe that he wants the S.B. ring much more than anything he's being acused of here. And finally, I believe we can fix the defense and keep Price too. I think too many fans are kidding themselves, just like they do with somebody else on our team! ;)

All I know is that Price is on record as saying he wants to catch more balls than he caught this year and implied that if that didn't happen, then he would be underutilized. That spells "self" to me, not "team." It also spells "problems" for next season since he's very likely to not even catch the 94 balls that he caught this season. If anything, the ball will be spread out more, not less w/ Reed developed.

justasportsfan
02-05-2003, 12:45 PM
wys, like I asked on another thread , what's the big deal with Holiday? I don't know much about him other than that 1 good game had had against us all year.

WG
02-05-2003, 12:57 PM
I never said he was great. He's one of the top DEs available and better than what we have, and starter caliber, which we don't have right now. Ahanotu wasn't. Schobel is on the bubble IMO.

I just think we may end up looking for him. I agree, he's overrated. But he can play. Ahanotu is old and a backup. Schobel, may not be more than a low-end starter. We don't know.

mybills
02-05-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

All I know is that Price is on record as saying he wants to catch more balls than he caught this year and implied that if that didn't happen, then he would be underutilized. That spells "self" to me, not "team." It also spells "problems" for next season since he's very likely to not even catch the 94 balls that he caught this season. If anything, the ball will be spread out more, not less w/ Reed developed.

See, now I look at that statement as he's just stating a fact. Cripe, he would be underutilized if he's not getting the ball more. Why read more into it than that? He's saying that he's confident that he could do a good job, but wasn't that said, because they brought in an arm QB, and it looked like a lot of passing plays would be used?

They've only recently decided to go to a running game, apparently they realized how focused Drew is. Focused on one receiver at a time. I'd rather have the Price/Moulds combo out there for those occaisional bombs if it's gonna be a running game. We've seen their talent for more than one season. We could cut Price, and Reed could be a flop next year, leaving Moulds to do it all. If it's not ok to leave it all on a QB's shoulders, or a running back's, than it's not ok to do it to Moulds. That's an equal prediction to the supposed "Reed's the man!" prediction.:D

As for defense, I would bring in anybody who can stop the passing plays. Over all, I don't think it was as bad as almost everybody else thinks it was. They stopped the run pretty well in most cases. I was expecting them to play much worse than they did. But I was impressed that they came along the way they did. I am still a little baffled at the pesemism.

JefftheBillsfan
02-05-2003, 01:48 PM
I dont see how a vet like Jerry Rice would be detrimental to Reed. It would only aid his progresion IMO. If we were to resign PP, that puts Reed out of a #2 spot for the future w/moulds and price locked up. Sign a Jerry Rice (who would prolly come relatively cheap) for a 1 year deal to help us win a super bowl. Then if Reed being ready is more of a sure thing the following year, we have our number 2.

DraftBoy
02-05-2003, 02:09 PM
I still would rathe rus run out of a 3WR, 2RB, 0TE formation some if we resign Price. Henry is good enough to break the first tackle could be intresting b/c Beldsoe could easily audible in and out of the run depending on the 3rd WR matchup on a LB or a DB. Just a thought. spreading the field makes much more dangerous with Moulds, Price, Reed than Moulds, Reed, Germany/Rone

mybills
02-20-2003, 10:50 AM
I just thought I'd bring this thread back to the top, now that they've tagged Price! :D

That's right, I called it! :evil:

Pride
02-20-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by MyBills
[Q] I just love all of you psychics! lol

Price is staying, and he's not money hungry.

Ok MyBills, we will bump this up again after Price is traded

Then you will have been wrong!:hump: