• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cutter10x
    • Feb 2003

Reeds the man

:badboy:

hey, who cares if price goes, reed is going to better anyhow, and ya we should spend the money, on DEFENSE

O ffical member of theLYNCH MOB
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

AMEN!!!

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
      • Jul 2002

I would love to see someone like Jerry Rice come in for a year still...
      Its all about the quest.

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Why?

Eric Moulds is the #1 guy. Bringing in Rice is like bringing in Favre to back up Bledsoe. This isn't Madden or the Pro Bowl. That takes up cap space, it is a detriment to the development of Reed, ( less balls his way) less emphasis on the run ( we don't need that).

The more I chew on it, the more I don't like the Idea of bringing him (Peerless) back. Maybe a tag and trade, but that's it. Bring in a solid #3 guy like a Mar-Tay Jenkins, and make a splash for a top flight TE (JR is fine if he takes a pay cut)

Fix the damn D!

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Na, let Rice come in and make him play DE.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

Re: Reeds the man

Originally posted by cutter10x
            :badboy:

hey, who cares if price goes, reed is going to better anyhow
            I just love all of you psychics! lol

Price is staying, and he's not money hungry.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

Re: Re: Reeds the man

Originally posted by mybills

Price is staying, and he's not money hungry.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

Don, that's what I've been reading. Some people are saying, "He's gonna want as much as Moulds."
                "He's gonna throw a hissy fit."
                "He's gonna want more money."
                He's gonna this, and he's gonna that.

Let's just wait and see.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                  • Jul 2002

He's sure gonna be cryin' up a storm if his numbers aren't on pace for this years. He's already implied that. If we sign Price you know it's all gonna come down to his own personal satisfaction whether it was a good sign or not. He won't be a team player.

Fix the D-E-F-E-N-S-E!!!
                  Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• colin
                    Drew's my hero!
                    • Jul 2002

Price is an outstanding player, he should be resigned.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by colin
                      I agree , but for how much?
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                        He's sure gonna be cryin' up a storm if his numbers aren't on pace for this years. He's already implied that. If we sign Price you know it's all gonna come down to his own personal satisfaction whether it was a good sign or not. He won't be a team player.

Fix the D-E-F-E-N-S-E!!!
                        I think there's a big difference between wanting the self gratification of being the best you can be, and the self gratification of being good enough for a team. He is a team player, he's proven that already. I also believe that he wants the S.B. ring much more than anything he's being acused of here. And finally, I believe we can fix the defense and keep Price too. I think too many fans are kidding themselves, just like they do with somebody else on our team!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by colin
                          So are Spikes, Adams, Noble, Holiday, and McKnight. But we simply can't afford to sign all of them.

This is a zero sum game. It's not a free-spending bonanza!

There were no issues for talent on the offensive side of the ball this past season. There won't be even if Price leaves barring us releasing JR and Moore if that even happens.

There is however, a glaring deficiency of talent on the defensive side of the ball. As much as we'd like to hope that Office, Edwards, Ahanotu, Jones, etc. step up, not one of them has proven that they are anything more than a capable backup. Only Pat Williams has proven to be of starter caliber, and perhaps Schobel.

We need a DT, OLB, DE, S possibly. And we can sure use 2 LBs as well.

We can sign Price. But offense was not our problem inasmuch as talent went. Defense was. The O will click just fine w/o Price. The D was in trouble already and was not well stocked w/ talent.

Of all the yardage, attempt, and completion records that this team set this past season, we were still only 8-8. If it was issues w/ the passing game, then resigning Price apparently isn't going to help correct the situation.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mybills

I think there's a big difference between wanting the self gratification of being the best you can be, and the self gratification of being good enough for a team. He is a team player, he's proven that already. I also believe that he wants the S.B. ring much more than anything he's being acused of here. And finally, I believe we can fix the defense and keep Price too. I think too many fans are kidding themselves, just like they do with somebody else on our team!
                            All I know is that Price is on record as saying he wants to catch more balls than he caught this year and implied that if that didn't happen, then he would be underutilized. That spells "self" to me, not "team." It also spells "problems" for next season since he's very likely to not even catch the 94 balls that he caught this season. If anything, the ball will be spread out more, not less w/ Reed developed.

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

wys, like I asked on another thread , what's the big deal with Holiday? I don't know much about him other than that 1 good game had had against us all year.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X