X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

You are right guys

**** it then. Might as well stop following them.....
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: You are right guys

I agree with ya- I feel the same way about the Yankees and O&A myself, Thurm!

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
      **** it then. Might as well stop following them.....
      It aint over yet. But it will be unless Ralph sells.

Comment

• HAMMER
        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
        It aint over yet. But it will be unless Ralph sells.
        You are correct, if he really wants to ensure the Bills stay in Buffalo he should be shopping the team right now. Only selling to a group that will keep them in Buffalo as a condition of the sale.

Comment

• socalfan
          Old Fogey from Cali
          • Feb 2003

You can't legally structure an agreement that forces the other party to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by socalfan
            You can't legally structure an agreement that forces the other party to keep the Bills in Buffalo.
            No but there are a couple groups and a billionare or two that might keep them there.

Comment

• socalfan
              Old Fogey from Cali
              • Feb 2003

Think about it. What business owner purchases a business with the intent of slowly watching it loose money? That is exactly what Ralph is talking about.

The problem is that as the high revenue teams continue to bring in higher revenue, and the lower revenue teams will be forced to subsidize them. The Bills aren't paying out 60% of the Bills revenues and Washington isn't paying out 60% of Washington's revenues. The Bills are being asked to pay out 1/32 of the total NFL revenues. If the Bills only had to pay out 60% of their revenues, they could stay in business.

Comment

• BAM
                • Sep 2003

****ing Orioles dammit.

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

You're so dramatic Thurm!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

UGH! I guess this needs to be posted here as well.....

I don't see how anyone can say that the Bills aren't make money nor can Ralph afford to keep the team here....Every team in the NFL makes money where they are located except the Cardinals in 04 they showed about a 5 million dollar lose....Who aren't moving, they just got a new stadium. And they have the LOWEST revenue in the league. The Bills have MORE revenue than 8 other teams including the Colts and Chargers-two of the better AFC teams.

So why are we under this misconception that the team may due to NOT making enough money? Or another owner won't keep the team in Buffalo because it doesn't make money? In 04 he showed an operating revenue of 28.5 million dollars. I'd hate to make that much year, really.

Here's a link to every NFL team with 04 revenues, operating revenue and such....
                    The average National Football League team is worth $733 million, a 17% increase over last year.

They are NOWHERE near in financial peril nor anywhere near out of business.

Comment

• dplus47
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!

They are NOWHERE near in financial peril nor anywhere near out of business.
                      we have been trained to sympathize with rich men who aren't making all they want to make. we equate it to a normal person's "losing" money, when it isn't the case. we need to learn to question this at some point.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                        • May 2003

Well look at what New England did. I could be wrong but I am going to head out on a limb here to say that before they got that shiny new stadium, and won all those championships, they weren't anything special. That region is known for Red Sox baseball, not Patriots football. At least it used to be that way. Again I'm just speculating here but if they did it why can't the Bills? Maybe Ralph really is out of his league anymore with they way the business aspect of the game has changed. Instead of Ralph Wilson Stadium you have to go Verizon Field or whatever. Maybe not the best example but I'm sure you gents get what I am trying to say here. If people can get excited about the Arizona Cardinals or the St. Louis Rams, why not Buffalo?

Here is another thing I do not understand. Why is the league so driven to put another team in Los Angeles. They've gone that route already, and there has to be a reason teams like the Rams and Raiders left. If the Bills are ever moved from Buffalo, I will stop watching NFL games until they get a team in New Mexico (highly doubtful) or maybe if I end up moving to Colorado someday. I kinda dig the Broncos but the Bills will always be my number one and I just don't think I could stand to see a team like the Bills become extinct. Where else do the Bills belong if not in Buffalo.

Man it is hard to even fathom.

Comment

• dplus47
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Drive 4 Five
                          Well look at what New England did. I could be wrong but I am going to head out on a limb here to say that before they got that shiny new stadium, and won all those championships, they weren't anything special. That region is known for Red Sox baseball, not Patriots football. At least it used to be that way. Again I'm just speculating here but if they did it why can't the Bills? Maybe Ralph really is out of his league anymore with they way the business aspect of the game has changed. Instead of Ralph Wilson Stadium you have to go Verizon Field or whatever. Maybe not the best example but I'm sure you gents get what I am trying to say here. If people can get excited about the Arizona Cardinals or the St. Louis Rams, why not Buffalo?

Here is another thing I do not understand. Why is the league so driven to put another team in Los Angeles. They've gone that route already, and there has to be a reason teams like the Rams and Raiders left. If the Bills are ever moved from Buffalo, I will stop watching NFL games until they get a team in New Mexico (highly doubtful) or maybe if I end up moving to Colorado someday. I kinda dig the Broncos but the Bills will always be my number one and I just don't think I could stand to see a team like the Bills become extinct. Where else do the Bills belong if not in Buffalo.

Man it is hard to even fathom.
                          LA is a priority because of the large source of local TV revenue. it's a huge market. most people here are lukewarm about a team, but we may get one anyway.

i don't know why a shiny new stadium wouldn't work in buffalo. are there enough businesses close enough to fill the luxury suites?

Comment

• Voltron
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dplus47
                            we have been trained to sympathize with rich men who aren't making all they want to make. we equate it to a normal person's "losing" money, when it isn't the case. we need to learn to question this at some point.
                            Karl Marx!?? Do you live again!!??

Give me a break.
                            Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                            - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                            -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                            - Mark Twain

Comment

• Voltron
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dplus47
                              LA is a priority because of the large source of local TV revenue. it's a huge market. most people here are lukewarm about a team, but we may get one anyway.

i don't know why a shiny new stadium wouldn't work in buffalo. are there enough businesses close enough to fill the luxury suites?
                              business and Buffalo in the same sentance is kinda like an oxymoron.

Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                              - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                              -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                              - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X