X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeff 311
    • Jan 2003

If you were Tom Donhoe

How would you attack free agency. Personally I would go to keep Price if we can keep him in the 4-5 million dollar range. On D I think we should go after V. Holiday, K. Brooking and J. Thorton. Then let go E. Rob and Watson. If we do that our depth chart could look something like this for 2003
    WR Eric Moulds
    WR Peerless Price
    TE Jay Riermersma
    RB Travis Henry
    FB Larry Centers
    QB Drew Bledsoe
    LT Jonas Jennings
    LG Rueben Brown
    C Trey Teague
    RG Marquis Sullivan
    RT Mike Williams

DE Aaron Shobel
    DE Vonnie Holiday
    DT John Thornton
    DT Pat Williams
    WLB Keith Brookings
    MLB London Fletcher
    SLB Bradoon Spoon
    CB Antwain Winfield
    CB Nate Clements
    SS Coy Wire
    FS Pierson Prelou

Then in the 2nd rd draft a saftey, this gives us a pass rush on D and keeps our O together and we dont have to break the bank in get in cap trouble
    What do you guys think ?
    Go Bills !!
    Go PSU !!
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

i will be astounded if Riems is still with the Bills next year.

Comment

• kgun12
      • Jul 2002

Brookins WILL NOT leave Atlanta! I saw an interview with him, he is from Atlanta, he owns a huge farm there, BUT most of all his Mom runs a Foster Home there Keith has help out since he can remember (his words). He said he considers all the kids that went through there "his brothers and sister" NO WAY DOES HE LEAVE ATLANTA
      Retired Air Traffic Controller
      USAF VETERAN
      DAV

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
        • Oct 2002

I agree Kgun12 K.Brookings is a Falcon for life. Takeo Spikes looks like he is going to be tagged. After the Buccs won the SB that set a new trend. Everybody wants dominating Defense, so how many Defensive players will be available year after year?

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

brooking will be tagged if he hasnt signed by then.. but he has definately said he wants to stay.

dont waste the money on price.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
            Expert on Experts
            • Jul 2002

brooking is a MLB anyway. WE have fletcher for that. We need a more speedy guy like spikes

Comment

• Billz_fan
              • Jan 2003

I love Peerless, but let him go. We need money on "D"

If Spikes is a gonner then we go for Hugh Douglas.

I would also like to see Shelton Quarles Of the Buc's in a Bills uni. He is an UFA and a fast LB with excellent run stopping skills. Im telling ya this guy can play !! Then add DT of choice.

On offense we need a TE. Then we need to start thinking about getting them into the offense. Last year we may as well have played without one.

Josh Reed takes over for Peerless.
              The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                • Jul 2002

I'm not sure that everyone realizes how far the green actually goes when you're trying to sign top guys. There's no way on earth that we're gonna be able to keep Price at $4M+ while also signing guys like Holiday, Thornton, and Brookings or others in that range.

We'll be lucky if we can get Spikes, Scioli, and Thornton. We won't be able to sign Price if we do that.

Robinson's gone, Watson's gone, JR will either be gone or take an enormous cut in pay. 32 catches in a gross debacle of underuse isn't going to make the case that he's indispensible.

Actually, if we have any money left over, then we still could use a S. Darius would be good. An ex-Syracuse product.
                Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Ingtar33
                  Dances With Buffaloes
                  • Sep 2002

Quarles is a MLB...

Spikes for WLB, if he stays in Cinci then Peterson or Barber would do...
                  Colvin for SLB

Jackson for FS
                  Noble, *Washington, *Adams, or Gardner for DT

and that would be all I'd do in FA... of course this would mean the end of Price, Centers and Riemersma.

*likely cap cut.
                  My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                    Expert on Experts
                    • Jul 2002

Ingtar if we let price go, IMO we need to bring in another receiver to be the # 3 guy. I don't think we can filll that spot from our current roster. Maybe kevin dyson?

Comment

• Ingtar33
                      Dances With Buffaloes
                      • Sep 2002

good thought... I've always liked him... always figured a no.3 would be both easy and cheap to find... not sure he isn’t already on the roster… I liked what I saw with Rone in preseason last year, and if he isn't the answer then I'm sure we can find someone. I'm more interested in D than O right now (and we're rather deep at WR).
                      My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Voltron
                        • Jul 2002

Ingtar33 why would we want to get rid of centers? I really don't think crosby has the hands to even come close to the talent of Centers. Centers is a great vetren guy for leadership. Crosby is a better blocker than Centers and I guess we could pass more to the TE or HB. I just really like having centers there as a release. His cap hit is only 1 mill I think. not too sure on that. You would know better than I :)
                        Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                        - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                        -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                        - Mark Twain

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

Voltron...

You're forgetting that I'm an ex-football player... The Idea that I know anything is a stretch... and the NFL salary cap absolutely mystifies me... all I know is Centers was used on about 1/2 of the snaps we used a FB... with Crosby being a much better run blocker... furthermore, I liked Henry's RAC ability which is far superior to Centers'... as a result I think its simply common sense that Centers becomes a cap casualty after this off-season.

Sure he's a good guy... He's the best receiver in our backfield... but he's not a threat after catching the ball (like Henry)... and he's not much of a lead blocker.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                            Expert on Experts
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                            good thought... I've always liked him... always figured a no.3 would be both easy and cheap to find... not sure he isn’t already on the roster… I liked what I saw with Rone in preseason last year, and if he isn't the answer then I'm sure we can find someone. I'm more interested in D than O right now (and we're rather deep at WR).

I disagree that we have one already on the roster. I am not willing to let rone be number 3, who will get significant playing time, because that would mean both reed and rone, two unproven players, would be getting significant playing time at the wideout position. I think we need a proven veteran to be the number 3 guy if reed is gonna try to be number 2.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                              Voltron...

You're forgetting that I'm an ex-football player... The Idea that I know anything is a stretch... and the NFL salary cap absolutely mystifies me... all I know is Centers was used on about 1/2 of the snaps we used a FB... with Crosby being a much better run blocker... furthermore, I liked Henry's RAC ability which is far superior to Centers'... as a result I think its simply common sense that Centers becomes a cap casualty after this off-season.

Sure he's a good guy... He's the best receiver in our backfield... but he's not a threat after catching the ball (like Henry)... and he's not much of a lead blocker.
                              If worse comes to worse and we release Centers, we could use Sammy Morris as the receiving FB.
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X