• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Losman out!

Losman out
    There is growing talk that Buffalo may be ready to part ways with quarterback J.P. Losman. There has been some quiet talk about the team trading him for whatever it can get after the front office, now under the guidance of former coach Marv Levy, determined that Losman doesn’t have a lot of support on the team.
    Beyond that, the signing of backup Craig Nall wasn’t simply to be a third-stringer. Nall was told when he signed that he would be competing for playing time. That’s surprising considering the direction the team appeared to be going last season with Losman.
    But Losman is an excitable player who doesn’t understand the finer points of simply winning games. He is much too caught up in pleasing himself. When he was at Tulane, teammates groused that he was more concerned with showing off his arm strength than actually running the offense.
    The unfortunate part about this is that former general manager Tom Donahoe, who made the 2004 trade up to get Losman, is pretty much shot when it comes to getting another job of authority around the NFL. Donahoe’s four first-round picks with Buffalo are prototypical boom-bust stuff. He took solid cornerback Nate Clements in 2001, but followed that up in 2002 with offensive lineman Mike Williams, a colossal bust.
    Donahoe rolled the dice in 2003 on running back Willis McGahee and then got wide receiver Lee Evans in 2004 before the move to get Losman. To get Losman, Donahoe gave up a second rounder that year and a first-round pick in 2005. Now, after only two years (and really only one of actually playing), Losman appears to be history.

• Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Losman out!

If you watch, listen to, or read MSNBC, you know that we're losing badly in Iraq, the economy is in the toilet, and President Bush caused Katrina, too.

They're idiots.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      If you watch, listen to, or read MSNBC, you know that we're losing badly in Iraq, the economy is in the toilet, and President Bush caused Katrina, too.

They're idiots.
      You do have a point there but in general the new management has brought in a QB and the draft may show our hand. If we get a new QB in a early pick, the handwriting will be on the wall.

Travis Henry watched the draft and got very angry, this maybe a similiar situation.

Comment

• acehole
        • Jan 2006

My feeling on this is I think we need to see JP for one whole game in pre season. If he is impressive...we need to keep him...ever start him.

If he was a locker room ass....ship him out with Moulds and whoever else caused any problems.

If he wasn't eveyone deserves a second chance.

If he was hello 4th rounder to Ravens or Vikings or Broncos or Cardinals!

Now if we just trade down in round one we ca get another 2nd rounder + another 6th rounder.
        Hated by the stupid..
        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

I don't know if this should remain a separate thread or not but this thread refers to the same article:

I already made my comments on the subject there.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by acehole
            My feeling on this is I think we need to see JP for one whole game in pre season. If he is impressive...we need to keep him...ever start him.

If he was a locker room ass....ship him out with Moulds and whoever else caused any problems.

If he wasn't eveyone deserves a second chance.

If he was hello 4th rounder to Ravens or Vikings or Broncos or Cardinals!

Now if we just trade down in round one we ca get another 2nd rounder + another 6th rounder.
            first off, we might get a 6th for him. Second, We have now gotten rid of everyone aledegedly involved in that whole mess. Moulds, Adams, Milloy, Campbell and Teague. the only major player left is JP.

Comment

• Iehoshua
              • Jan 2003

Follow your favorite college teams and pro prospects. Join our crew of draft gurus and follow the NFL Draft here!

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Aren't you used to skooby stealing threads already?

Comment

• acehole
                  • Jan 2006

Originally posted by ICE74129
                  first off, we might get a 6th for him. Second, We have now gotten rid of everyone aledegedly involved in that whole mess. Moulds, Adams, Milloy, Campbell and Teague. the only major player left is JP.
                  My point exactly. It is a good message...play your game and shut up.....Marv has talked about synergy also...so we may be going in this direction. Hard to know what went on in that locker. I did a bit of building....and somtimes you look at a house and say...we could do this and that...but in the end you may need to tear her down and start over from scratch.
                  Hated by the stupid..
                  Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

My point exactly. It is a good message...play your game and shut up.....Marv has talked about synergy also...so we may be going in this direction. Hard to know what went on in that locker. I did a bit of building....and somtimes you look at a house and say...we could do this and that...but in the end you may need to tear her down and start over from scratch.
                    We are almost at scratch right now.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

I know. I caught reports on another board that say JP looked like a fidgity little kid when standing with the other QB's on stage during a telathon last week. To me that is nitpicking, but maybe the kid is ADHD?

Comment

• BillsNick
                        • Jul 2003

Ok if this is gonna happen, let's bring in McNair

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsNick
                          Ok if this is gonna happen, let's bring in McNair
                          Hummmm....Well I wouldn't be opposed, but he only has about 3 years left and is oft injured.

Comment

Working...
                          X