• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Flexable Schedule

Cool plan.

7 of the last 8 Sunday night games will not be scheduled. In the Schedule that is released tomorrow, all games in weeks 10-15 and week 17 will be scheduled at either 1 or 4.

NBC will have its pick of which game will be the Sunday night game. Here's the catch. CBS and FOX will have 5 "saves". Meaning that they can save 5 games from being switched. However, they can each only save 1 game a week. So both Fox and CBS will have 2 weeks where NBC can have the pick of the litter.

I'll post the link because there are other rules like 3 teams allowed to have up to 6 primetime games and teams allowed to have back to back Sunday night games.

It’s kinda neat. If by some miracle we have a good season and we’re 8-1 come week 10, we might be a candidate to clean up with late season Sunday night games. Which I would enjoy.

The NFL plans to hold off scheduling Sunday night games in seven of the final eight weeks -- just as playoff races start heating up -- to ensure the best games are played on NBC.
    Resign our own guys!
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: Flexable Schedule

As a TV fan It's great

I would hate that as a season ticket holder who travels. I'd have to save a few vacation days in case they switch on me.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
      As a TV fan It's great

I would hate that as a season ticket holder who travels. I'd have to save a few vacation days in case they switch on me.
      I wouldn't worry about many Bills games being switched this season.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

It does make it very tough on travelers. Especially people that fly into cities for games for those special occassions. You definitely may lose a day at work...

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          I wouldn't worry about many Bills games being switched this season.
          They'll be switched alright, switched off.

Flexible?

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
            • May 2005

Dozer and Ebenezer... those were my thoughts exactly when I read this on ESPN.com

Comment

• G. Host
              Banned
              • Jul 2002

With the new rule I am not going to any late season games for only way I go is if I fly in. Bad enough when they move it from 1 PM to 4 PM but moving them to late night is ridiculous. It is a bait and switch scam.

Comment

• Exile
                Junior Zoner
                • Mar 2006

i like the plan. i'm sick of seeing doggie doo on a stick during primetime. guess this means no bills games.

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

I think this hurts Direct TV. A benefit of direct tv was you could watch a good matchup when the local station had on a crappy game. Now most of the good matchups will be either shown if you just have cable tv.

Comment

• Marvelous
                    • Feb 2004

Patrick, we suck on sunday nights. The last game i remember winning was against TENN the 1st game for us after the MCM.
                    GO BILLS!!! NE
                    Magical Trevor

Comment

Working...
                    X