PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins planning changes with logo and stadium name

Gunzlingr
04-05-2006, 08:39 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=text vAlign=top>
The latest name change for Dolphins Stadium is more of a tweak than an overhaul.

Saturday, the venue will be introduced as Dolphin Stadium without the `s' in the team name.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The team will also unveil a new logo for the venue: a stylized dolphin in navy blue, aqua, white and orange that looks more like the actual mammal than the cartoon version on players' helmets and jerseys.

Team officials would not comment, but the team logo is not expected to change.

"The focus on this is the stadium and what's happening at the stadium," said George Torres, senior director, corporate communications & development for Dolphins Enterprises.

Torres declined to discuss the logo and name further, because Dolphins owner H. Wayne Huizenga and other team officials have scheduled a news conference Saturday to unveil the logo and the stadium's new giant high-definition video scoreboards. Daktronics, the scoreboard maker, included a Dolphin Stadium logo in a publicity brochure about the scoreboards on its Web site, daktronics.com, early Tuesday, but it had been removed by mid-morning.

A Daktronics official declined to comment.

The stadium was renamed Dolphins Stadium in January 2005, after spending the previous nine seasons as Pro Player Stadium, but the signs were never updated. Pro Player closed its doors in 1999 after its parent company, Fruit of the Loom, filed for bankruptcy. The team regained the naming rights in 2000, but was unable to re-sell them. In announcing the change to Dolphins Stadium, Huizenga didn't rule out selling the rights to another corporation, but said a reference to "Dolphins," or in this case "Dolphin," would need to remain in the name.

MORE: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-dollogo05apr05,0,82848.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

casdhf
04-05-2006, 08:43 AM
I heard they were going to change their mascot to a pregnant woman with a black eye!

Historian
04-05-2006, 08:45 AM
I prefer The Fish Bowl.

Buckets
04-05-2006, 08:58 AM
I heard they were going to change their mascot to a pregnant woman with a black eye!

:rofl:

Ebenezer
04-05-2006, 09:00 AM
I'd love to see a harpooned flipper on the side of their helmet.

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2006, 09:17 AM
:spit:

justasportsfan
04-05-2006, 09:24 AM
Meeyami Dolfeeen Se Habla Espanol

Bill Brasky
04-05-2006, 09:44 AM
I prefer The Fish Bowl.

"Ricky, you can't smoke when you play for us. But to ease the pain, how about we change the stadium name to The Fish Bowl to remind you of your good times as a hippy?" - Dolphins management

"Cooooooooool mannnnnnnnn" - Ricky.

Bill Cody
04-05-2006, 09:49 AM
Dolphin stadium? That's a pretty small roster.

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2006, 09:52 AM
You know what they say about small rosters.

finsrclowns
04-05-2006, 09:52 AM
[SIZE=2]The team will also unveil a new logo for the venue: a stylized dolphin in navy blue, aqua, white and orange that looks more like the actual mammal than the cartoon version on players' helmets and jerseys.

Too bad the fins will still play like cartoon characters. They're probably trying to see if a less gay logo will attract a less gay fan base. I'm betting it won't work.

finsrclowns
04-05-2006, 09:53 AM

:roflmao:

feelthepain
04-05-2006, 11:11 AM
The new LA Bills team logo:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/feelthepainnn/New-Bills-logo.jpg

Bill Cody
04-05-2006, 11:51 AM
FTP has a serious Justa obsession going. It'd be scary to see the bulletin board in his bedroom.:limp:

feelthepain
04-05-2006, 11:54 AM
FTP has a serious Justa obsession going. It'd be scary to see the bulletin board in his bedroom.:limp:

Really?? I'm not the one using my zone bucs on him/her.

justasportsfan
04-05-2006, 12:52 PM
FTP has a serious Justa obsession going. Yup He's so bothered by me ,he can't get me out of his head , it's scary.

lordofgun
04-05-2006, 12:58 PM
http://www.myrtlebeachguide.net/images/gaydolphin.jpg

Jeff1220
04-05-2006, 01:18 PM
profootballtalk.com found this on the website of some scoreboard company. Hmmm.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/DolphinStadium.jpg

justasportsfan
04-05-2006, 01:29 PM
They should name the stadium "The Birdcage"