PDA

View Full Version : IF the Bills move, which team will you root for?

SkapePhin
04-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Even as a Dolphin fan, I would hate to see the Bills move.. It just isnt fair to you diehard fans.. But, if the unthinkable happens, what will you do? Will you root for the LA Bills, pick a new team, or stop watching the NFL altogether?

Night Train
04-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Ohio St. and the UB Bulls.

F*#K the NFL.

BillsFever21
04-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Even as a Dolphin fan, I would hate to see the Bills move.. It just isnt fair to you diehard fans.. But, if the unthinkable happens, what will you do? Will you root for the LA Bills, pick a new team, or stop watching the NFL altogether?

I would still follow the new Bills because all the same players were on the team but I wouldn't be a diehard of them anymore. I'd probably become either a Steelers or Browns fan because they are close to where I live.

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2006, 09:59 AM
Hartford Whalers

http://www.thisisct.net/features/hartfordwhalers.gif

footballhottie
i would still cheer for the bills

BAM
Go Steelers!

don137
04-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Carolina Panthers even though I won't have the same passion for them as I do the Bills...I have season tickets to the Panthers since I live in Charlotte and love football.

ICE74129
04-05-2006, 10:04 AM
Panthers

ajsdx
04-05-2006, 10:05 AM
so in conversation with other sports fans, would you admit that you used to root for the bills until they moved, or would you just leave it out and act like you had been a diehard fan for your new team your whole life?

OpIv37
04-05-2006, 10:07 AM
Philadelphia Eagles, although I could never be as die-hard as I am for the Bills.

BillsFever21
04-05-2006, 10:08 AM
so in conversation with other sports fans, would you admit that you used to root for the bills until they moved, or would you just leave it out and act like you had been a diehard fan for your new team your whole life?

Why lie about it? If someone didn't like the fact that you are a new fan then screw them.

I could never have the same love for another team like I do the Bills though. I would still root on the L.A. Bills but it wouldn't be the same.

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2006, 10:10 AM
The Lions have been my second favorite team so I may go there.

Yes I know, another loser team. :sadwalk:

The King
04-05-2006, 10:13 AM
whoever was playing the Patriots.

SkapePhin
04-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Wow, Mr. Miyagi... You are a masochist arent you?

BAM
04-05-2006, 10:15 AM
Philadelphia Eagles, although I could never be as die-hard as I am for the Bills.

or Eagles!

THATHURMANATOR
04-05-2006, 10:15 AM
I would honestly never watch another NFL game again. I would root for the stadium of the new team and city to explode.

Patrick76777
04-05-2006, 10:18 AM
I would honestly never watch another NFL game again. I would root for the stadium of the new team and city to explode.

I agree. I'd be a browns fan to an extent, but I would seriously consider killing whoever was responsible. That would be the way I go. and now I think I could get Thurm to help me.

THATHURMANATOR
04-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Oh I would help for sure Pat.

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2006, 10:22 AM
Wow, Mr. Miyagi... You are a masochist arent you?
I guess I'm glutton for punishment :ill:

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2006, 10:23 AM
I agree. I'd be a browns fan to an extent, but I would seriously consider killing whoever was responsible. That would be the way I go. and now I think I could get Thurm to help me.
I don't know about all this killing thing.

But I'm in to kick someone's ass though. :chuk:

Gunzlingr
04-05-2006, 10:25 AM
I would probably have to become a Vikings fan :ill: They are the closest too me. Great Googily Moogily, maybe the Chefs, I could live with being a Chef's fan.

Gunzlingr
04-05-2006, 10:26 AM
I don't know about all this killing thing.

But I'm in to kick someone's ass though. :chuk:

Everybody was kung fu fightin', those cats was fast as lightnin'....

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2006, 10:27 AM
Maybe you can even go on the team Love Boat tour!

casdhf
04-05-2006, 10:27 AM
:::

Hey gunz, you steal these jokes from mybills? :ill:

BillsNick
04-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Let me first start off by saying that if the Bills moved, my heart would be absolutely broken. I mean like "losing the love of your life" broken. I have to say that the Bills have been my biggest passion throughout my entire life, and no team could replace that.

Having said that, there are a few teams that I would pick one from to root for. Now I would probably not watch football for a few years after the shock of losing my team, but it comes down to these teams.

Titans
Broncos
Giants
Steelers
Packers
Bears

In no way would my passion be anywhere close. :sadwalk:

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2006, 10:34 AM
:monkeyp:Packers

Devin
04-05-2006, 10:54 AM
Probably the Browns they are my 2nd fav team. I hate every team in the NFC but perhaps the Saints cause they are like 25 minutes from my house.

Id have a hard time cheering for anyone but if I were to pick probably 1 of those two.

ajsdx
04-05-2006, 11:02 AM
i'd prolly root for the panthers since i live in the triangle. that would be kinda weird though, since i've spent the last ten years actively rejecting all my friend's proposals to root for my state's team in favor of 100% devotion to the bills...

SpillerThrills
04-05-2006, 11:07 AM

you might be able to get OJ to help out too... I'm sure he could get himself and all involved out of the punishment too

ublinkwescore
04-05-2006, 11:11 AM
If they moved to L.A. I'd still be rooting for the bills :ontome:

shelby
04-05-2006, 11:14 AM
Hartford Whalers

http://www.thisisct.net/features/hartfordwhalers.gif
...you mean the Carolina Hurricanes...that sucked for Hartford when they moved.

i would still and always be a Bills fan. Period.

YardRat
04-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Tough question...I imagine the process would be similar for those of us that went through the same deal when the Braves left Buffalo. Follow the 'home' team for awhile, until any connection you have with them has dissipated, then hook up with a team you can relate to style-wise and really enjoy watching them play.

Passion for the sport itself would decline from an obsession to a hobby.

NorthCarBills
04-05-2006, 11:40 AM
I'd go and buy a generic shirt that says something like "NFL Superstar" or "Football Champ" like you see 1-5 year old kids wearing.

No seriously, I dont know what I'd do. I've lived in NC for a while, and I've pulled for the Panthers as a very, very distant second. But nowhere to the degree of devotion I've given to the Bills for the past 20-plus years.

I dont see myself pulling for the team if they move, mainly because the majority of my love for the team is my love for the city they play for.

I'd instantly give up Sunday ticket, and will really miss my one or two trips to Buffalo each year for games.

LtBillsFan66
04-05-2006, 11:42 AM
I might follow the Giants, but will never be a huge fan like I am with the Bills. I might actually follow the Bills to their new location too. Who knows. I guess it'll have to happen for me to find out what I'd do.

TedMock
04-05-2006, 11:53 AM
I'd follow football, and pull for certain players, and coaches, but I wouldn't be a "fan" of any NFL team. I'd stick with my ACC sports, and focus all of my energy on my beloved Maryland Terrapins. Go Lady Terps!

Gunzlingr
04-05-2006, 12:17 PM
:::

Hey gunz, you steal these jokes from mybills? :ill:

Yeah, does it show?

tat2dmike77
04-05-2006, 01:20 PM
I dunno i guess i would become more of a die hard Ohio State Fan. I like OSU but not as much as i love the bills. Who knows if the bills do leave maybe the city, county, and state can pull a cleveland. I know it maybe far fetched.

It's something i don't really wanna think about though. Yet it just goes to show that in the end we the fans are the ones who take it in the ass.

Jeff1220
04-05-2006, 01:29 PM
I won't know how to react until it happens, but I think I'd be too bitter to continue rooting for the Bills (especially if they moved to LA). I'd probably wait for the next expansion to pick a team.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-05-2006, 01:34 PM
First, I would put the same curse on the team that I put on the Buffalo Braves when they deserted Buffalo...that seems to have worked out pretty well over the years.

Then, I would become more of a fan of the only other NFL team that I have ever rooted for--the team I actually became a fan of before the Bills came into existence and became my passion--the New York Giants.

But, I could never love the Giants like I do the Bills. And, if the NFL let the Bills leave WNY, I might not even follow the pro game as much anymore and might just become a casual fan at best.

Mr. Pink
04-05-2006, 01:50 PM
I'd be a Browns fan, still am having grown up there, I became a Bills fan in 96 due to the Browns moving and living in this area. I've touched on this before, but it would completely suck having to deal with another team I root for to just up and move.

As far as hockey...I'm still partial to the Winnipeg Jets!

NC-BILLS44
04-05-2006, 02:10 PM
I couldn't root for another. I would drop my subscription to the NFL Package and save a couple hundred bucks. Sunday's would be spent on other things because I would watch less football. I would still love football, but I wouldn't have the same passion for the game without the Bills.

realdealryan
04-05-2006, 03:25 PM
I guess I would have to half-heartedly root for the Colts. That would suck. My stepdad is a die-hard Browns fan from Cleveland. When they left, he threw out his Cleveland gear and stopped watching the NFL with any enthusiasm. Even with a new franchise back in town with the same name, it's not the same for him. I wouldn't want to go through that. This is the only pro team in any sport that I follow with any enthusiasm. Crap. I guess it would just be Formula One BAR Honda and Button!

joekurtz
04-05-2006, 03:29 PM
I seriously doubt if we'll ever see a move during Wilson's lifetime ( not that I expect that to last much beyond another half decade or so though... ), but afterwards, who knows?
I guess it could be a distinct possibility depending on who winds up in possession of the team after Wilson's gone. And, unless it's someone with strong financial & emotional ties to the Buffalo area, they could very well take the team elsewhere in order to make more $$$.
Of course there'll be a huge uproar & much knashing of teeth should the new owner(s) go that route, but by then, I wouldn't expect much help from the state. Aren't both the Jet's & the Giants supposed to be back playing their games somewhere in or around NYC within a couple of years? If so, that would end the Bill's distiction of being the League's only "real" New York State team. Which definitely won't help our cause I'm afraid.

Obviously, no one knows what's going to happen beyond the next few years. But, I guess as long as Wilson isn't the one to do it in some desperate attempt to fill his coffers to their limits before he passes on & the area is at least given a fair opportunity at retaining the team here by whomever comes after the old bloke, then I'd remain faithful to the Bills where ever they moved to.
Though I'd want them to leave the name the Bills behind like the "original" Browns & the Houston Oilers ( eventually ) did. Having some other city's name in front of "Bills" would REALLY bug me & make no sense either.

Billsrock4life
04-05-2006, 04:06 PM
i would prolly still root for the LA Bills or whatever city they move 2
but i really hope they dont move cuz then NY is left with the jets and giants repersenting them and there stadiums in NJ

The_Philster
04-05-2006, 05:00 PM

Oh I would help for sure Pat.Ditto..I'd root for the Browns to an extent but the NFL would never get a dime from me ever again

Bill Brasky
04-05-2006, 07:47 PM
I would probably stop watching football... only team I might care about following would be the Bengals.

HHURRICANE
04-05-2006, 07:53 PM

Yeah, we're all rooting for the LA Clippers as well. What a stupid post. Go back under your rock.

dolphan117
04-05-2006, 08:00 PM
The Lions have been my second favorite team so I may go there.

Yes I know, another loser team. :sadwalk:Your third favorite team wouldnt be the Texans or the Niners would it? :snicker2:

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-05-2006, 09:14 PM
I would never watch a regular season NFL game again. I barely watch them now. I am more of a college football fan and then a Bills fan.

SABURZFAN
04-05-2006, 11:43 PM
the Raiders

losman2evans
04-06-2006, 02:27 AM
moved from buffalo when i was 17- diehard bills fan
lived in detroit the next 18 years- so lions observer
now in arizona the last 2 years so a cardinals observer

i am doomed-lol

ddaryl
04-06-2006, 02:48 AM
If the Bills move I will stop watching football. I have no interest in football if their is no team representing Buffalo.

LtFinFan66
04-06-2006, 02:58 AM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/LtFinFan66/avatar10294_15.jpg

Hamilton Billsfan
04-06-2006, 06:36 AM
Ti-Cats!...............................oh wait, I already root for them...........:lep:

T-Long
04-06-2006, 06:53 AM
well, since I am moving to California this May...I guess I'd be an LA Bills fan...even though it will be hard

Dantheman1280
04-06-2006, 07:43 AM

My thoughts exactly!!

SkapePhin
04-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Yeah, we're all rooting for the LA Clippers as well. What a stupid post. Go back under your rock.

Wow, I make a legit question and you ***** like a little girl.. How cute.. :blowkiss:

Saratoga Slim
04-06-2006, 09:42 AM
You guys are DEPRESSING! Knock this sh-- off. Three things:
1. There is no evidence at all at this point that the Bills are leaving. There are a number of other small market teams doing worse than the Bills financially.
2. They're not leaving anytime soon, as Ralph is not going to move them and he's given no indication that he's ready to sell.
3. EVEN IF Ralph decides to sell, there's no reason to believe that someone in the area won't step up. Golisano's comments today indicate that he'd be a fairly likely candidate to pull something together, if not go it on his own. Golisano would not take the Bills out of town.

Let's give this a break, its the ultimate defeatist thread and is absolutely premature.

Dont drink the water
04-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Any team playing the Fish.

RedEyE
04-06-2006, 11:00 AM
I'd probably never watch another NFL game.

hammerbillsfan
04-06-2006, 11:03 AM
Ti-Cats!...............................oh wait, I already root for them...........:lep:

Me too! Got season tickets. :up:

Luisito23
04-07-2006, 12:23 PM
i would still cheer for the bills

Me too, it'll be stupid to cheer for anyone else.

GO BILLS!!!!