PDA

View Full Version : Hey Marv, watch and learn!

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2006, 10:41 AM
The Dolphins have agreed to the framework of a two-year contract with Harrington but are having trouble meeting the Lions' asking price in a trade. According to a source, the Lions want the Dolphins' third- or fourth-round pick in the April 29 draft. The Dolphins have resisted because they have previously traded away their second-, fifth- and sixth- round picks.

The Bengals, who at this time are only offering a one-year contract, also have balked at giving in to the Lions, who are letting it be known that they are prepared to wait until the summer to trade Harrington in order to get what they want.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2006/04/05/a13c_finsnotes_0405.html

Maybe next time, huh Marv? :mad:

justasportsfan
04-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Yeah, some wr will go down during camp and will need Moulds. Just like when we thought that there wasn't a market for Henry until Titans' Brown went down.

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2006, 10:49 AM
I'll chalk that one up as rookie GM mistake.

Next time we'll boo. :mad:

shelby
04-05-2006, 10:49 AM
How dare you criticize Marv?
You must not be a real Bills fan.
[/sarcasm off]

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2006, 10:50 AM
[/sarcasm off]
LOL you like my avatar shelby?

shelby
04-05-2006, 11:29 AM
:jawdrop:
Blasphemy!

ICE74129
04-05-2006, 11:36 AM
[/sarcasm off]

LMAO it's ok to criticize, its the daily gloom and doom that is flat friggin stupid. Give the man a chance.

But hey, when this gets turned around ol' ICE will be here reminding you a few of us were saying all along, be patient it will work out.

YardRat
04-05-2006, 11:36 AM
I really wish Marv would have held out for a fourth, or even a third, but c'mon...the last team/GM I want Marv taking lessons from is freakin' Detroit.

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2006, 11:44 AM
I really wish Marv would have held out for a fourth, or even a third, but c'mon...the last team/GM I want Marv taking lessons from is freakin' Detroit.
LOL that IS true.

BFLOBILLSBURGH
04-05-2006, 11:46 AM
There is a lot more value for a first round QB then an aging WR that can't spread the field. Also, did we want another Henry situation. The deal is done, WAY TO GO MARV!!

Mudflap1
04-05-2006, 11:47 AM
I'd rather have a 5th this year then a 5th or 4th next year. Doesn't everyone get tired of "next year", "next year", "next year?"

Jon

Saratoga Slim
04-05-2006, 12:22 PM
What I got tired of was talking about Eric Moulds. Closure feels good, even if we didn't get exactly what we wanted.

ICE74129
04-05-2006, 01:10 PM
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2006/04/05/a13c_finsnotes_0405.html

Maybe next time, huh Marv? :mad:

See here is my problem with this, crappy reporting. Adam Schefter said last night that the lions wanted a 4th or 5th and the dolphins don't have a 5th I believe?

He did say a 'mystery' team has contacted the Lions about compensation for Harrington and might want to bring him in.

Hummmm they want a 5th....we just got an extra 5th.........Nah.

ICE74129
04-05-2006, 01:11 PM
What I got tired of was talking about Eric Moulds. Closure feels good, even if we didn't get exactly what we wanted.

Quite a few of us got exactly what we wanted, his worthless arse off of this team!

Now if people would quit putting up 50 different threads about him being gone....

dplus47
04-05-2006, 03:16 PM
the lions' front office could have helped themselves a little if they hadn't said "harrington is finished with this team" before entertaining suitors. of course, the position harrington plays makes it in the best interests of suitors to bring him to their teams early, so he can learn the playbook, but i think the lions are overestimating the value of what they have. if the dolphins and bengals find adequate backups elsewhere (e.g. jamie martin), the lions will get nothing for harrington, and harrington will languish on someone's bench, not knowing the playbook.

dplus47
04-05-2006, 03:20 PM
p.s. i think moulds is a better acquisition than harrington, even if he ends up on the phins. harrington might figure it out; he might not figure it out. moulds is a proven commodity who just might want to show something next year.

jumpmann
04-05-2006, 03:37 PM
Marv is not a very good GM - tell one of his signings that has you excited - what happened with Houston is typical Marv - cave in when the pressure gets tough - this will be a long season - I give Marv one season at the helm as GM and he will retire again saying he gave his best when we win only 4 games

Drive 4 Five
04-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Quite a few of us got exactly what we wanted, his worthless arse off of this team!

Now if people would quit putting up 50 different threads about him being gone....

Why I thought you of all people would relish among hundreds of "Moulds is Gone" posts.

What I wish would happen is you ceasing to use the word "arse" in every other post.

:peace:

I'm glad it is all over with and I could care less what we did or didn't get for him.

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2006, 07:35 PM
To be honest, there's very little difference between a 4th and a 5th.

Sure there are some diamonds in the rough found in the 4th round, but I bet there are just as many found in the 5th as well.

After the first 2-3 rounds, they're basically all the same.

So let's move on with life here.