X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

What Will We DO with 5.3 Million.....

In MY opinion we should take the cap money now freed up by trading Eric Moulds and sign Nate Clements and Jason Peters to long term contracts, maybe even give Willis and cap freindly EXT to help us going in to next year

Maybe us some left over money on June 1st cuts or veteran FA to plug a hole after the draft would not be bad either..
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: What Will We DO with 5.3 Million.....

Extending Willis and Peters are good ideas. As far as Clements- if he has another season like 05, he'll be cheaper after this season. If we get him now we'll overpay.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

well, if we do extend Clements, our core players are locked up for a while ... Clements, McGee, Schobel, Spikes. Fletcher should come back ... Tripplett is signed for a few years. If the D can gel we should be in descent shape.

I say bring in another DT with the cash. Any descent ones left?
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

I say sit on it. No need to do anything right now. Lets get the draft over with then think about it.

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by bigbub2352
          In MY opinion we should take the cap money now freed up by trading Eric Moulds and sign Nate Clements and Jason Peters to long term contracts, maybe even give Willis and cap freindly EXT to help us going in to next year

Maybe us some left over money on June 1st cuts or veteran FA to plug a hole after the draft would not be bad either..
          I'd like to sign Peters to an extension. I think this will be the last year for Clements in Buffalo. I don't see both of them coming to terms on an extension.

McGahee I'd like to wait another year. He will clearly want much more then he's worth. If he plays like he did two years ago then he might be worth an extension. If he plays like last season he isn't.

McGahee wasn't running as hard last year as the year before. Where was the great stiffarm we saw in 2004? It wasn't there last year.

RB's are replaceable and have a short life to them in the NFL. Only the elite deserve the big contracts. Till McGahee proves he can be a difference maker I'd hold off. He needs some big play capability. His longest run last year was only 27 yards and only 17 yards the last half of the season.

He only went through the motions last year. When he proves himself he'll get the money. He thinks he's the best but isn't anywhere close to it right now.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
            Extending Willis and Peters are good ideas. As far as Clements- if he has another season like 05, he'll be cheaper after this season. If we get him now we'll overpay.
            ....whereas if he has a GREAT season this year......he'll want exactly what he's asking for now: to be paid among the top CBs inthe league. You're right, we don't have much to gain by locking in Clements now.
            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Ickybaluky
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by casdhf
              I say bring in another DT with the cash. Any descent ones left?
              Here are the DT Available:

Pos Player Tm Type RFAComp(Tender)

DT Allen, Kenderick NYG Restricted ROFR ($712,000)
              DT Blade, Willie DAL Released NONE ($0)
              DT Buckner, Brenston CAR Released NONE ($0)
              DT Fisk, Jason CLE Released NONE ($0)
              DT Franklin, Aubrayo BAL Restricted 5th ($712,000)
              DT Gibson, Gary BAL Non-Tendered NONE ($0)
              DT Gordon, Amon CLE Released NONE ($0)
              DT Jackson, Grady GB Unrestricted NONE ($0)
              DT Jasper, Edward OAK Unrestricted NONE ($0)
              DT Kolodziej, Ross ARI Unrestricted NONE ($0)
              DT Legree, Lance NYJ Released NONE ($0)
              DT Moorehead, Kindal CAR Restricted 5th ($712,000)
              DT Noble, Brandon WAS Released NONE ($0)
              DT Smith, Kenny OAK Unrestricted NONE ($0)
              DT Walker, Gary HOU Released NONE ($0)
              DT Wilson, Eric MIA Non-Tendered NONE ($0)
              NT Davis, Russell ARI Unrestricted NONE ($0)
              NT Reed, James NYJ Unrestricted NONE ($0)
              NT Sands, Terdell OAK Restricted 7th ($712,000)

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

Blade may fit the bill, I think he was smallish and quick. If i remember Sands is just a younger Ted Washington, size wise
                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• bigbub2352
                  • Feb 2005

Those are some bad DT left except for Grady Jackson, he is not much more than an overpaid runstuffer anyway, I like the idea of locking up Peters and Clements both young and in prime, trust me you could do alot worse at CB. With willis i agree with u guys but he also was undeutilized last year with a very poor offensive scheme and one of the worst lines in NFL history, give the kid a line and he will be outstanding ei..lock up Peters
                  XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                    Here are the DT Available:

Pos Player Tm Type RFAComp(Tender)

DT Allen, Kenderick NYG Restricted ROFR ($712,000)
                    DT Blade, Willie DAL Released NONE ($0)
                    DT Buckner, Brenston CAR Released NONE ($0)
                    DT Fisk, Jason CLE Released NONE ($0)
                    DT Franklin, Aubrayo BAL Restricted 5th ($712,000)
                    DT Gibson, Gary BAL Non-Tendered NONE ($0)
                    DT Gordon, Amon CLE Released NONE ($0)
                    DT Jackson, Grady GB Unrestricted NONE ($0)
                    DT Jasper, Edward OAK Unrestricted NONE ($0)
                    DT Kolodziej, Ross ARI Unrestricted NONE ($0)
                    DT Legree, Lance NYJ Released NONE ($0)
                    DT Moorehead, Kindal CAR Restricted 5th ($712,000)
                    DT Noble, Brandon WAS Released NONE ($0)
                    DT Smith, Kenny OAK Unrestricted NONE ($0)
                    DT Walker, Gary HOU Released NONE ($0)
                    DT Wilson, Eric MIA Non-Tendered NONE ($0)
                    NT Davis, Russell ARI Unrestricted NONE ($0)
                    NT Reed, James NYJ Unrestricted NONE ($0)
                    NT Sands, Terdell OAK Restricted 7th ($712,000)

Brandon Noble has had injury problems for the last two seasons. I don't really know anything else about anyone else on this list.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Those are some bad DT left except for Grady Jackson, he is not much more than an overpaid runstuffer anyway, I like the idea of locking up Peters and Clements both young and in prime, trust me you could do alot worse at CB. With willis i agree with u guys but he also was undeutilized last year with a very poor offensive scheme and one of the worst lines in NFL history, give the kid a line and he will be outstanding ei..lock up Peters
                      As far as Willis goes, he has that dirtbag Rosenhaus as his agent. As soon as he has a good season, he'll hold out without thinking twice. If we locked him up now to higher pay, it doesn't completely eliminate the possibility of a holdout but it certainly reduces it.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• acehole
                        • Jan 2006

Clement is a big test for the Bills.

If we resign him to a lucrative contract....then we know ralph isnt being cheap.

If he doesn't so goes the youth movement. I have read that they never would have tagged him if they knew the CBA would go up that much. A better Idea would have been the transition tag...that would have determined his worth. The offer would have been 1 x first round pick. It would have also given us a chance to match...with that "Bad" year his offer may have not been that big. I am probably going to get slammed for this but I was hoping a team would have taken him off our hand for 2 x high picks....seahawks?

This is a very deep draft at CB.

Have you ever heard of those things happening during the draft?

We will see.
                        Hated by the stupid..
                        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

Thing is with Clements is yes he had a bad year but so did the whole DEF no pass rush predictable blitzs, alot of player's bad seasons last year were the result of bad coaching schemes, they were figured out by the whole NFL and did nothing to change, I do agree Clements looked like crap last year but years previous he has shut down those very same players soo i say lock him up we have the space and will have more than enough spce next year as well it is one less worry and terrance Mcgee is also locked up.. nice less worries and needs going into next year
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• BillsNick
                            • Jul 2003

I say we put it in the "New Stadium Fund" so we can keep our team here for a while.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Aug 2004

I would definitely try to lock up Peters--he can probably be signed for a reasonable price at this stage, whereas his price might skyrocket if he has another good season.

Clements, maybe. I think I would have the coaching staff evaluate him during the mini-camps to see how well they think he will fit in the new defensive scheme and whether they think he is worth it. If they feel that he can be a Ronde Barber type for the team, I would try to make a deal with him.

I would probably hold off on Willis. The last couple of off-seasons have shown that good RBs can be had for reasonable prices or replaced through the draft. And, with a guy like Adrian Peterson and some others coming out in next year's draft, I don't see Willis having that much leverage even if he has a good season.

The rest I would save as much of as I could, although it might be necessary to add a couple of more lesser free agents to fill in the roster, depending on what the coaches see of the players the team has already on the roster in the mini-camps. The mini-camps will tell the coaches a lot about who they think they can work with and who they think will have to go, so that would have a lot to do with the decisions that I would make about the money that the team still has to spend.
                              Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

Working...
                              X