Now that Marv has said the JP rumors were crap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Now that Marv has said the JP rumors were crap...

I say we either stay and take Justice USC or Winston Miami OR we trade down and do the same. They are going to be too good to pass up.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: Now that Marv has said the JP rumors were crap...

I like Justice but can he play LT? Are we willing to risk it?

Since its been said Peters is going nowhere, Justice played RT in college (Lienart is a lefty so RT was his blind side) are we willing to take a shot and hope he can transition to LT?

I guess what I am saying is I am a bit leary....especially after Mike "Fatass" Williams.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Devin
      I like Justice but can he play LT? Are we willing to risk it?

Since its been said Peters is going nowhere, Justice played RT in college (Lienart is a lefty so RT was his blind side) are we willing to take a shot and hope he can transition to LT?

I guess what I am saying is I am a bit leary....especially after Mike "Fatass" Williams.
      I agree there are things to watch with this kid. but in the end you can only do so much to check a kid out.

Esp after his pro day everyone says this kid is a LT in the NFL. the ONLY knock on him was his two stupid moves. (yeah god forbid a college kid screw up. ) He had the option of going in the draft last year but instead worked his arse off and got re instated. He didnt' have to do that. He did the right thing.

I feel this kid under Marv, DJ and McNally's guidance will be fine. If any coaching staff can help this kid stay on the right track, its ours. Physically, he is better than D'Brick.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Im not against it at all, I was blown away by his pro-day. After Mike Williams though I think all Bills fans are a little skeptical of OT's in general. IF Marv and co truly think they can make him into a legit starting NFL calibur LT id be for it.....and by legit starting calibur LT I dont mean enough to get by.....I mean dominant worthy of a top-10 pick in the 1st round LT.

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Im not against it at all, I was blown away by his pro-day. After Mike Williams though I think all Bills fans are a little skeptical of OT's in general. IF Marv and co truly think they can make him into a legit starting NFL calibur LT id be for it.....and by legit starting calibur LT I dont mean enough to get by.....I mean dominant worthy of a top-10 pick in the 1st round LT.
          I think if anyone can its this staff. I would love to see us take a 10-12 year LT and not worry about it any longer. Then take his buddy Latui in the 2nd to play LG :-)

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

I don't want Winston Justice at 8. If we trade down, maybe. But if we do trade down, I'd still rather take Eric Winston, who's actually played LT. Two guys with similar skill levels, why not take the one who's played the position you're drafting him for (and one who doesn't have a rep for laziness and immaturity)?

Still think 8 is too high for either......
            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Devin
              The Octagon
              • Apr 2003

I thought 8 was to high for Justice til I saw his pro-day numbers.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

I thought 8 was to high for Justice til I saw his pro-day numbers.
                you know, I just read that Pasquarelli article that Ice posted after I made that last post. Justice did put up some really sweet numbers (38 reps, 39" vertical?!!).

my issues with him are more the mental ones. I simply do NOT want another lazy tackle picked high in the draft. But Im sure Marv and Co. have interviewed him at length, so if we do draft the guy, it will probably be because they feel he's ready to play the game like a big boy. if we draft him, I won't be too disappointed, at least we'd directly address a need with a top physical talent.

Still, much rather see us drafting a guy who's got desire-to-win written all over him (Hawk, Brick etc).
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                  • May 2003

ICE. What does any that have to do with Losman? You said "Now that Marv has said the J.P rumors were crap." I never thought for a second there was any truth to those rumors at all. Most people did not. Including you I hope. That is just ludicrous.

Regardless of who is playing QB, we need to strengthen our lines but every damn expert on NFL Network, ESPN or________(fill in the blank) is going on and on and on about how deep the draft is for both offensive and defensive lines. Why go with a lineman at such a high pick? If you absolutley had to grap a linemen I'd say trade down a little ways and get more picks.

Comment

• dannyek71
                    Drink Responsibly
                    • Dec 2004

id like to see us trade down
                    [

Comment

• Exile
                      Junior Zoner
                      • Mar 2006

marv is old and dumb. trade lose-man and draft reggie bush

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Justice sounds a lot like Mike Williams...I don't know
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Devin
                          The Octagon
                          • Apr 2003

I have a hard time arguing against any USC prospect as of late, thats a hell of a program they have there. They seem to be pumping out one superstar after another, I dont know how he sounds like Mike Williams but when it comes to OL they have done well in the past.

I cant argue his pedigree, or his stats. Justice imo is the real deal, I guess for me its more of a "if he can make the switch to LT and make a difference there" question.

Comment

• HAMMER
                            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
                            I think if anyone can its this staff. I would love to see us take a 10-12 year LT and not worry about it any longer. Then take his buddy Latui in the 2nd to play LG :-)
                            Yeah Kid, Ice is Nice! Stack the line with young talent, let the team grow up together. (McGahee, Evans, Losman, Everett, Justice, Lutui, Preston, Villarial , Peters) Offensive line in rds. 1 & 2, defense 3and on. Bills will be back in the hunt in '07!

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

I have a hard time arguing against any USC prospect as of late, thats a hell of a program they have there. They seem to be pumping out one superstar after another, I dont know how he sounds like Mike Williams but when it comes to OL they have done well in the past.

I cant argue his pedigree, or his stats. Justice imo is the real deal, I guess for me its more of a "if he can make the switch to LT and make a difference there" question.
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X