PDA

View Full Version : Now that Marv has said the JP rumors were crap...

ICE74129
04-05-2006, 04:41 PM
I say we either stay and take Justice USC or Winston Miami OR we trade down and do the same. They are going to be too good to pass up.

Devin
04-05-2006, 04:43 PM
I like Justice but can he play LT? Are we willing to risk it?

Since its been said Peters is going nowhere, Justice played RT in college (Lienart is a lefty so RT was his blind side) are we willing to take a shot and hope he can transition to LT?

I guess what I am saying is I am a bit leary....especially after Mike "Fatass" Williams.

ICE74129
04-05-2006, 04:47 PM
I like Justice but can he play LT? Are we willing to risk it?

Since its been said Peters is going nowhere, Justice played RT in college (Lienart is a lefty so RT was his blind side) are we willing to take a shot and hope he can transition to LT?

I guess what I am saying is I am a bit leary....especially after Mike "Fatass" Williams.

I agree there are things to watch with this kid. but in the end you can only do so much to check a kid out.

Esp after his pro day everyone says this kid is a LT in the NFL. the ONLY knock on him was his two stupid moves. (yeah god forbid a college kid screw up. ) He had the option of going in the draft last year but instead worked his arse off and got re instated. He didnt' have to do that. He did the right thing.

I feel this kid under Marv, DJ and McNally's guidance will be fine. If any coaching staff can help this kid stay on the right track, its ours. Physically, he is better than D'Brick.

Devin
04-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Im not against it at all, I was blown away by his pro-day. After Mike Williams though I think all Bills fans are a little skeptical of OT's in general. IF Marv and co truly think they can make him into a legit starting NFL calibur LT id be for it.....and by legit starting calibur LT I dont mean enough to get by.....I mean dominant worthy of a top-10 pick in the 1st round LT.

ICE74129
04-05-2006, 04:57 PM
Im not against it at all, I was blown away by his pro-day. After Mike Williams though I think all Bills fans are a little skeptical of OT's in general. IF Marv and co truly think they can make him into a legit starting NFL calibur LT id be for it.....and by legit starting calibur LT I dont mean enough to get by.....I mean dominant worthy of a top-10 pick in the 1st round LT.

I think if anyone can its this staff. I would love to see us take a 10-12 year LT and not worry about it any longer. Then take his buddy Latui in the 2nd to play LG :-)

Saratoga Slim
04-05-2006, 05:04 PM
I don't want Winston Justice at 8. If we trade down, maybe. But if we do trade down, I'd still rather take Eric Winston, who's actually played LT. Two guys with similar skill levels, why not take the one who's played the position you're drafting him for (and one who doesn't have a rep for laziness and immaturity)?

Still think 8 is too high for either......

Devin
04-05-2006, 05:06 PM
I thought 8 was to high for Justice til I saw his pro-day numbers.

Saratoga Slim
04-05-2006, 05:13 PM
I thought 8 was to high for Justice til I saw his pro-day numbers.

you know, I just read that Pasquarelli article that Ice posted after I made that last post. Justice did put up some really sweet numbers (38 reps, 39" vertical?!!).

my issues with him are more the mental ones. I simply do NOT want another lazy tackle picked high in the draft. But Im sure Marv and Co. have interviewed him at length, so if we do draft the guy, it will probably be because they feel he's ready to play the game like a big boy. if we draft him, I won't be too disappointed, at least we'd directly address a need with a top physical talent.

Still, much rather see us drafting a guy who's got desire-to-win written all over him (Hawk, Brick etc).

Drive 4 Five
04-05-2006, 05:18 PM
ICE. What does any that have to do with Losman? You said "Now that Marv has said the J.P rumors were crap." I never thought for a second there was any truth to those rumors at all. Most people did not. Including you I hope. That is just ludicrous.

Regardless of who is playing QB, we need to strengthen our lines but every damn expert on NFL Network, ESPN or________(fill in the blank) is going on and on and on about how deep the draft is for both offensive and defensive lines. Why go with a lineman at such a high pick? If you absolutley had to grap a linemen I'd say trade down a little ways and get more picks.

dannyek71
04-05-2006, 05:39 PM
id like to see us trade down

Exile
04-05-2006, 05:56 PM
marv is old and dumb. trade lose-man and draft reggie bush

The_Philster
04-05-2006, 05:58 PM
Justice sounds a lot like Mike Williams...I don't know :shakeno:

Devin
04-05-2006, 06:01 PM
I have a hard time arguing against any USC prospect as of late, thats a hell of a program they have there. They seem to be pumping out one superstar after another, I dont know how he sounds like Mike Williams but when it comes to OL they have done well in the past.

I cant argue his pedigree, or his stats. Justice imo is the real deal, I guess for me its more of a "if he can make the switch to LT and make a difference there" question.

HAMMER
04-05-2006, 06:08 PM
I think if anyone can its this staff. I would love to see us take a 10-12 year LT and not worry about it any longer. Then take his buddy Latui in the 2nd to play LG :-)

Yeah Kid, Ice is Nice! Stack the line with young talent, let the team grow up together. (McGahee, Evans, Losman, Everett, Justice, Lutui, Preston, Villarial , Peters) Offensive line in rds. 1 & 2, defense 3and on. Bills will be back in the hunt in '07!

The_Philster
04-05-2006, 06:10 PM
I have a hard time arguing against any USC prospect as of late, thats a hell of a program they have there. They seem to be pumping out one superstar after another, I dont know how he sounds like Mike Williams but when it comes to OL they have done well in the past.

I cant argue his pedigree, or his stats. Justice imo is the real deal, I guess for me its more of a "if he can make the switch to LT and make a difference there" question.
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1425265&postcount=5

Devin
04-05-2006, 06:17 PM
thats exactly my fear Phil.

Physically and Mentally he is going to be a superior RT in the NFL. My worry is exactly that.....his transition to LT.

Turf
04-05-2006, 06:39 PM
If I recall Williams had a 42" or so vertical leap. I was all excited about his athleticism for a guy his size.
Since then, vertical leap does nothing for me.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-05-2006, 06:44 PM
Im thinking either Justice or Bunkley right now, I think Bunkley fits our needs better than Ngata

ICE74129
04-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Yeah Kid, Ice is Nice! Stack the line with young talent, let the team grow up together. (McGahee, Evans, Losman, Everett, Justice, Lutui, Preston, Villarial , Peters) Offensive line in rds. 1 & 2, defense 3and on. Bills will be back in the hunt in '07!

Hell yeah!

ICE74129
04-05-2006, 06:55 PM
Where does everyone get this kid is lazy? Lazy is a kid that takes off to the NFL after his suspension!

He worked his arse off and worked his way back onto the team. Then had a damn good season.

As for as carol's comments, I will say again, this is one of the worst NFL coaches ever. According to a WINNING HC, john Fox, this kid is a first rounder, a top 10 pick even. And according to Fox other teams seem to think so as well.

Justice is worth the 8th pick.

alohabillsfan
04-05-2006, 07:41 PM
Trade Down if possible (partner) Draft Eric Winston From the U He played LT I like it!

I am tired of drafting white guys for the D line and Black Guys for the O line Reverse it and we rule! Check out the color of successful teams!
Pitt/Denver/NE/Indy ETC....

This is truly the easiest draft evaluation! :bullseye:

Kerr
04-05-2006, 08:29 PM
It's likely huff or winston will be the pick.

TigerJ
04-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Eric Winston is a huge reach at #8 overall. There are some serious questions about his strength and readiness for the NFL. Winston Justice is all over the NFL value board. Some would all him a reach at #8, while others think that's a pretty good spot for him. I wouldn't be too upset if Buffalo picked him at #8. I think the similarities between Justice and Mike Williams begin and end with the fact he played RT, which was his QBs blind side at least part of his college career. He has a different body type from Williams. He's the same height and 40 lbs lighter, prototypical tackle size. His measurables were all comparable to those of D'Brickashaw Ferguson, the top tackle in the draft, and is considered a highly skilled pass blocker. Everyone always said Mike Williams was light on his feet for his size, but there was always that caveat, "for his size." Moreover, his strength was always considered to be run blocking. The major red flag with Justice was that off field incident that got him suspended. He apparently was able to ease concerns about that in his combine interviews.

If Buffalo picks something else in the draft, I wouldn't mind that either.

Kerr
04-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Eric Winston is a huge reach at #8 overall. There are some serious questions about his strength and readiness for the NFL. Winston Justice is all over the NFL value board. Some would all him a reach at #8, while others think that's a pretty good spot for him. I wouldn't be too upset if Buffalo picked him at #8. I think the similarities between Justice and Mike Williams begin and end with the fact he played RT, which was his QBs blind side at least part of his college career. He has a different body type from Williams. He's the same height and 40 lbs lighter, prototypical tackle size. His measurables were all comparable to those of D'Brickashaw Ferguson, the top tackle in the draft, and is considered a highly skilled pass blocker. Everyone always said Mike Williams was light on his feet for his size, but there was always that caveat, "for his size." Moreover, his strength was always considered to be run blocking. The major red flag with Justice was that off field incident that got him suspended. He apparently was able to ease concerns about that in his combine interviews.

If Buffalo picks something else in the draft, I wouldn't mind that either.

Winston at 8 is a reach. We would definitely have to trade down to select him.

ICE74129
04-06-2006, 06:49 AM
Winston at 8 is a reach. We would definitely have to trade down to select him.

Like Levi Jones was a reach and Mike Williams wasn't? Justice is NOT a reach at 8.