• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ingtar33
    Dances With Buffaloes
    • Sep 2002

Off-season predictions

The general consensus in the NFL is for a team to use FA as the guide for their draft. You pursue aggressively and smartly in FA, don't overspend, and fill your remaining holes with the draft. For the Bills, the process has been used masterfully by Tom Donahoe over the last two years, as the Bills have avoided expensive gambles in FA, and defaulted to the draft to provide filler for their needs. Using this formula it is fairly predictable how TD will operate this off-season.

Price, will be resigned IF TD can get him for less than 4mil per season.

JR will be gone unless he resigns for less money (2mil per season).

Centers will be cut unless he takes the vet min.

Spikes et al will only be in Buffalo if their cap number stays under 4.5mil per LB.

Donahoe will not spend more than 3.5mil per season on a free agent DT, unless he's measurably better than Big Pat.

Every FA he can't get for this blueprint will become a draft need in April, dictating the positions that the Bills draft.

Put those piece together and you'll see a Bills 'team' blueprint which will make all your off-season predictions come true.

Feel free to agree, disagree, whatever with this, since I’m currently “half in the bag,” and probably wish I can retract half of this come tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 02-05-2003, 12:22 AM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

Great post, as usual, Ingtar.

Do you think Price would be satisfied with less than 4 mil/season? i doubt he would.

Comment

• Bufftp
      Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Excellent post Ingtar-are you really TD aka Ingtar? I think your anaylasis hits how TD will do it on the head.
      Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
      "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
      Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
      - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
      to be led by permanent ideals -
      that is what keeps a man patient
      when the world ignores him,
      and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Wys Guy
        Drew and Sam stole all my hair
        • Jul 2002

"Feel free to agree, disagree, whatever with this, since I’m currently “half in the bag,” and probably wish I can retract half of this come tomorrow morning."

LOL

Let's just hope you didn't put yourself in a position so as to have to chew your arm off!
        Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

Would TD then abandon the "best player available no matter what position" philosophy on draft day?

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Your post is worthless, Ingtar. The last line should read ". . .probably will wish I can retract half of this come tomorrow morning." I'm kidding off course. Great summary of the situation. I'm not sure that TD will take quite that hard a line with Centers, but I'm not sure he won't either. I think the transition # for LB is right at 4.5 mil isn't it. That would mean if Spikes is transitioned TD will pass.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

I've never been sober & drunk at the same time before, but I must be now, because I agree with most of this!

Price, will be resigned IF TD can get him for less than 4mil per season.

I think he'll stay here. My gut feeling goes against what many fans have been saying lately. Other teams fear the duo, and intimidation can play a big role for a team. Combine that with their talent, and that I'm pretty sure Price would rather have the ring than to argue about being the #2 man and the money that comes with it! I think these Bills players know where their headed. They are S.B. bound!

JR will be gone unless he resigns for less money (2mil per season).

This one I'm not sure about, something tells me that he's gone.

Centers will be cut unless he takes the vet min.

He'll take it.

Spikes et al will only be in Buffalo if their cap number stays under 4.5mil per LB.

I have a feeling that they will make sure to keep it under.

Donahoe will not spend more than 3.5mil per season on a free agent DT, unless he's measurably better than Big Pat.

Tough shoes to fill/overfill!
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

stop stealing my thunder... i do a nice long write up.. and cant get any responses.. and you come in an hour later and do one, and everyone loves yours..

there is a maximum of ONE offseason prediction per day.. and i got dibs on this day!

no really.. i agree with most of what you said.. i think JR is gonner for sure.. td is still urked about him not taking a pay cut last year.

i dont think any LB out there is way above 4.5 mill a year, so we should be ok.. but i still think it is a forgone conclusion that spikes gets tagged.

td drafts based on best talent available... at least i thought he did.. but i guess when the day is done, he does get all the holes filled. i guess i really say that, because with a glaring need at DL/DE, with a high second round pick, we took josh reed... and shocked every bills fan out there.

also, i dont think price will be back.. and dont think that TD makes a big push to try to bring him back.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• colin
                  Drew's my hero!
                  • Jul 2002

I think they might drop some cash on Spikes/Douglas.

Comment

• colin
                    Drew's my hero!
                    • Jul 2002

Oh, another thing Ing, every year TD has made big moves with us. He has had a big signing and done some work with coaches every year.

He signed Moulds, Bledsoe, Willimas, Fletch, and Trey all in his first 2 years.

I think he is gonna cut the dead weight and sign the best FAs out there. We are going to add at least 3 impact players to the D, probably more.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                      Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                      stop stealing my thunder... i do a nice long write up.. and cant get any responses.. and you come in an hour later and do one, and everyone loves yours..

there is a maximum of ONE offseason prediction per day.. and i got dibs on this day!
                      lol.. yours was too long.

Originally posted by notacon
                      The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cntrygal

lol.. yours was too long.

cntrygal tatonka

but you all read wys stuff..

i can tell people dont read the whole thing when they ask questions about stuff that i talk about in the first paragraph.

oh well.. just trying to contribute...

IM NOT AN ANIMAL
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka

i can tell people dont read the whole thing when they ask questions about stuff that i talk about in the first paragraph.

Hey ! I know a shot at me when I read it. How 'bout if I just delete my comments in your post altogether????:redgun:

:) Just kidding ~ as I posted earlier in your thread Tatonka, I'm sorry for not initially seeing the comment about Boss. I'm at work and trying to do too many things at once.

Comment

• shelby
                            The Vanilla *****
                            • Jul 2002

don't post and work, BAMF.....

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

not a problem red.. i am just whinning because i felt like it was alot of work (more than i thought when i started) to organize all those thoughts... so of coarse you want to see that people read your stuff and enjoy it, or at least give you something to talk about by commenting on it...

i have to admit.. i have just skimmed a few of wys's novels before..

Comment

Working...
                              X