PDA

View Full Version : manny lawson ???

WillsFromThaU21
04-05-2006, 07:03 PM
do you guys think this guy could be a successful DE in a 4-3 scheme in the nfl ? 6'5' 242 and runs a 4.4 40 time. do you think if heres there in the second round when our pick comes around do you think we take a chance on this guy or is he just too small ?

WillsFromThaU21
04-05-2006, 07:04 PM
second round that is lol

Devin
04-05-2006, 07:41 PM
He will go in the first, and no he will likely not play DE in the NFL. Hed be perfect in a 3-4 similar to Merriman last year.

qcsabresfan84
04-05-2006, 08:12 PM
yeah manny is going to be going at least mid-first round. I truly think that he will be a great linebacker in this league making an impact in his rookie year. I got to watch him and Mario every weekend down here at NC State and Manny sometimes even outshined Mario. He's got blazing speed for a lineman (now a former lineman) and he hits like a truck. Expect big things from this guy at the next level.

Kerr
04-05-2006, 08:14 PM
definitely a linebacker and pass rusher in the 3-4 for some team.

WillsFromThaU21
04-05-2006, 10:14 PM
nfldraftcountdown.com updated their mock draft today and they have him going in the second round pick number 37 to the 49ers which do run a 3-4 scheme. so i was just wondering if he did fall would we make a move on him. john abramham is around the same height as manny but around 15 pounds heavier. it is possible for him to add some bulk in the offseason and remain a DE. let me know what you guys are thinking about that

TigerJ
04-05-2006, 11:29 PM
I happen to think he could play LB in a 4-3. He's certainly fast enough. Teams would be privy to enough information to make an educated gues as to whether or not he could add weight and stay at DE, but I dont' think he lasts until the Bills pick in round two, so I'm not going to worry about what the Bills might do if he dropped.

dplus47
04-05-2006, 11:48 PM
I happen to think he could play LB in a 4-3. He's certainly fast enough. Teams would be privy to enough information to make an educated gues as to whether or not he could add weight and stay at DE, but I dont' think he lasts until the Bills pick in round two, so I'm not going to worry about what the Bills might do if he dropped.

while he probably could play LB in a 4-3, he's very similar to jason taylor as far as the measurables. you'd want to use him at RE in a 4-3 to take advantage of his physical attributes. some 3-4 team will grab him in the first, though, so you're right not to worry.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-06-2006, 02:43 AM
If he can put on 10-15 lbs--which he should be able to do, he certainly has a frame that is able to carry the weight--Lawson could be a terror as a DE in the NFL.

I really like the guy. While I didn't get to see that many NC State games over the last couple of years (about 6), Lawson played well in every one--I recall one where he was just all over the place making plays. While I have questioned Mario Williams because he wasn't truly dominant in any of those NC State games that I saw, I wrote down Lawson's name as one of those players that I thought would be a good NFL player and might like to see in a Bills' uni--without knowing anything about his size/speed, etc., just based on his play.

Unfortunately, Lawson may be a little small at this point to fit into the Bills scheme right away and you always have to be concerned about how well a DE will convert to LB, even in a 3-4 (some can, some can't and not just because of speed). Still, Lawson is tall enough that he should be able to carry a few more pounds and at 255-260 should be able to hold up in the NFL. But, depending on his physical makeup, it may take him some time to put on that weight and he might not be effective as a DE until he does.

Still, IMHO whoever gets Lawson will be getting a real player.

BigGabes23
04-06-2006, 07:58 AM
Lawson = workout wonder

mysticsoto
04-06-2006, 08:04 AM
I sincerely doubt he last until the beginning of the 2nd round like ndc has. At the combine, every team was fascinated with him and he drew the biggest crowds maybe of all the players. If anything, I think the Patriots might take him who value LBs more than anything else...and I think he would be a good fit for them!

NC-BILLS44
04-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Lawson is a stud. He makes big plays when they need one. He also was a track athlete at NC State. If I remember correctly, NC State used him as a kick blocker because of his height and vertical.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-06-2006, 09:09 AM
he doesnt get passed the cowboys in the first

Mr. Pink
04-06-2006, 09:18 AM
I sincerely doubt he last until the beginning of the 2nd round like ndc has. At the combine, every team was fascinated with him and he drew the biggest crowds maybe of all the players. If anything, I think the Patriots might take him who value LBs more than anything else...and I think he would be a good fit for them!

Agreed here, he would be an excellent replacement for McGinest. No way the Pats pass him if he's still there. However, I've seen a couple mocks that have Lawson going as high as 12th to Cleveland. No way this guy lasts until Rd2.

R. Rich
04-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Lawson = workout wonder

Yeah, that's true. He didn't do jack in college until the combine. Don't waste a pick on this loser.