PDA

View Full Version : Bills 2006 schedule

Bill Brasky
04-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Let's try and guess who we open with, where, and what (if any) primetime games we'll get - against who and where.....

I say we open @ Baltimore with a 1:00 game

Only primetime game I see us getting (permitting the Monday Night rule) is on the road against New England

Michael82
04-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Why the hell does the NFL gotta keep forcing us to play New England on a Primetime game? That's really not fair. I hope that they don't this year. :pray:

TacklingDummy
04-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Because watching the Bills play Houston is not that great of a Prime Time TV matchup.

Marvelous
04-05-2006, 08:19 PM
I'm with Mikey. If we play NE i'm gonna snap..

Bill Brasky
04-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Well, hate to break it to you guys... but

1) We are in no way shape or form getting a home MNF game because A) we suck and B) the organization is hell bent on it's no-MNF policy

2) The NFL isn't going to schedule 2 sucky teams against each other in it's prime slot

that leaves the Bills playing a good team on the road. Only top teams on the road schedule are Indy, NE... a case could be made for MIA because of the rivalry. But, I think INDY and MIA already have primetime games scheduled, NE doesn't.. the Bills have played NE primetime on the road the last 2 years, it's a guarenteed NE win which makes everybody happy, and it's a guarenteed Bills embarassment which makes everybody happy except us. Win-win for the networks.

The_Philster
04-05-2006, 08:27 PM
They've had sucky teams playing each other in the past on SNF...which is, in effect, what the MNF package is now

Bill Brasky
04-05-2006, 08:34 PM
They've had sucky teams playing each other in the past on SNF...which is, in effect, what the MNF package is now

Yeah... and that is because they think teams like Green Bay are going to be good and give them 3 MNF games... then when they suck, it's going to blow for their ratings, which is why they're doing the flex schedule.

I could care less though, now that MNF is on ESPN I doubt I'll watch any of the games.

The_Philster
04-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Yeah... and that is because they think teams like Green Bay are going to be good and give them 3 MNF games... then when they suck, it's going to blow for their ratings, which is why they're doing the flex schedule.

I could care less though, now that MNF is on ESPN I doubt I'll watch any of the games.
I don't know if you're completely seeing what I'm saying on this. The big package that the NFL has always wanted to claim was their marquee package..USED TO BE MNF. A primetime game on a major network. SNF was the gimme...a primetime game any team could get on..regardless of how the league thinks the team will do.
That was the past...they've flipflopped now...that marquee package that used to be MNF is on SNF...on NBC...ESPN will get the same games it always has...just on a different night...because they're a cable station, not a broadcast network that pretty much everyone gets.

Bill Brasky
04-05-2006, 08:45 PM
I don't know if you're completely seeing what I'm saying on this. The big package that the NFL has always wanted to claim was their marquee package..USED TO BE MNF. A primetime game on a major network. SNF was the gimme...a primetime game any team could get on..regardless of how the league thinks the team will do.
That was the past...they've flipflopped now...that marquee package that used to be MNF is on SNF...on NBC...ESPN will get the same games it always has...just on a different night...because they're a cable station, not a broadcast network that pretty much everyone gets.

Yeah, but what I'm saying, is that people still associate MNF as THE game... and being on ESPN, they're more established as far as sports go.

NBC has been out of football for a while now, unless you count Notre Dame... I still think people will asscoiate MNF as the game to watch because in today's society, cable television is in nearly every household so it's not like it's a foreign commodity anymore.

Personally, I will probably watch most of the Sunday Night Games... mainly because I hate ESPN and cannot tolerate any of their self-serving BS.

Mr. Pink
04-05-2006, 09:26 PM
As a Bills fan I couldn't stand the Bruschi love fest....

Then as a Browns fan I couldn't stand the Hines Ward love fest....

ESPN has always pandered to the really good team and given the lesser team no recognition. It's like they're not even there.

Watching games on ESPN is horrid, the network is so biased it's sickening.

Bill Brasky
04-05-2006, 09:26 PM
As a Bills fan I couldn't stand the Bruschi love fest....

Then as a Browns fan I couldn't stand the Hines Ward love fest....

ESPN has always pandered to the really good team and given the lesser team no recognition. It's like they're not even there.

Watching games on ESPN is horrid, the network is so biased it's sickening.

Just stop watching. That's what I did.

tat2dmike77
04-05-2006, 09:36 PM
How about this

MNF AND SNF SUCK

They always schduale the same teams over and over again.

Bill Brasky
04-05-2006, 09:38 PM
How about this

MNF AND SNF SUCK

They always schduale the same teams over and over again.

the flex schedule will suppossedly help to stop it thought. Instead of watching the 2-8 packers battle the 4-6 vikings they can switch to a decent matchup.

Plain and simple - if teams are good, they'll have a shot to get airtime.

kinigirly
04-05-2006, 09:44 PM
they'll find a loophole to not putting us on primetime. we're the nfl's embarassing illegitamate child

hammerbillsfan
04-06-2006, 12:01 AM
they'll find a loophole to not putting us on primetime. we're the nfl's embarassing illegitamate child
See last season's Denver game. :puke:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y271/Nuttyncrazy/bags.jpg