X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MGinestre
    • Dec 2003

Golisano Wants Bills Here

Tom G. looks like he's ready to step up to the plate. Sell him the team NOW Ralph. Everything this guy touches turns to gold.

• Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Golisano Wants Bills Here

If he's TRULY interested in buying the team whether it be today, tomorrow, next week or next year....Ralph would be smart to sell the team to him right away. If he's 100% intent on the stadium staying in WNY it's a no brainer for him.

I'm guaranteeing though next year or the year that Golisano does buy the team the Bills will be playing at like Bank of America Field though.

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Paychex Stadium

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Paychex stadium won't bring him extra revenue though lol

But good call on it.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by lordofgun
          Paychex Stadium
          NFL on Sirrius ripped Ralph Wilson today saying that if wants more revenue he should start by changing the name of the stadium to something other than "Ralp C. Wilson" Stadium. Naming rights are huge money.

I am convinved that Ralph Wilson is an idiot. ESPN also made the point that there other small market teams that are not whining liking Ralph. How much have the Bills made the old fool?! Give me a break.

Golisano is a stud and would be a much better owner. Bye Ralph!!

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jan 2004

Tom Golisano already owns one professional sports team in town.

Could he make it two?

The Buffalo Sabres owner did not rule out having any kind of ownership stake in the Bills if the opportunity presented itself, and if it means keeping the team in Western New York.

"I wouldn't rule out anything. Two, three years ago, I ruled out being an owner of the Buffalo Sabres, and look what happened," said Golisano.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
              • Jan 2003

Naming rights would bring in maybe a couple million a year tops. That is drop in the bucket money, not huge money in the grand scheme of the NFL.

Comment

• BAM
                • Sep 2003

This is good news I suppose.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Teams get a nice amount of money for stadium naming rights per year, not just drop in the bucket money. Some teams yes, others no....Theres' teams that pull in 7 mill a year of off it. Average of all current major professional (MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL) stadium and arena naming rights deals:
                  $54.6 million over 19 years. $2.9 million avg. per year.

NFL average-3.31 million a year....which is an 1/8 of the total revenue the bills had last season....There are some corporations around here who could afford to throw a 5 year 20 million dollar deal for it.

The link I have is from the start of 03 though, most recent I could find so numbers on some will be higher and other teams might not be included, the pats aren't included as it is, seeing financial terms weren't disclosed at the time....http://www.leagueoffans.org/nflnamingrights.html

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                    • Feb 2005

guys, Golisano is building a new home a short walk from my business.. he is commited to our area and commited to keeping western NY a viable growth area... he would be a firm supporter of keeping the bills in Western NY!

by the by.... this is his daughters home in Victor that is for sale...anyone interested?http://realtor.com/FindHome/HomeList...45&poe=realtor
                    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Indy Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

Wow, that is at least a glimmer of hope. I don't care what they call the stadium, I just want the Bills to stay. I'd hate to have to become a colts fan....just the thought of it makes me queasy.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                        If he's TRULY interested in buying the team whether it be today, tomorrow, next week or next year....Ralph would be smart to sell the team to him right away. If he's 100% intent on the stadium staying in WNY it's a no brainer for him.

I'm guaranteeing though next year or the year that Golisano does buy the team the Bills will be playing at like Bank of America Field though.
                        And they should be. Ralph is going to the Gov saying he can't make it but wont even sell naming rights.

Comment

• Stoneludlow
                          aka: STONEHENGE
                          • May 2005

As long as the BILLS stay in the region, I'll follow them.

Any ideas, maybe a new stadium downtown, what with all the new development along the lake front---hmmm?
                          This has been a "View From the 'STONEHENGE'"

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

i think golisano is a decent bet. also the state could cave and build a new stadium but no matter what happens i dont see anything changing for 4-5 years unless ralph passes. even if galisano bought the team it wouldnt be just him it would be a group of investors lead by him and they would have to build a new stadium or at least do massive upgrades to ours. i really dont see the team leaving even if they do the "packers" thing and let the city own it through tax dollars. i just hope if that happens every bills fan in buffalo is ok with the tax that will be in place because it is for a good cause if you love the bills on sundays :)

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Golisano has done very well with the Sabres. Attendance is up, and the league in general is coming back. He bought the Sabres at a bargain basement price, which means the team is probably already worth at least twice what he paid for it - and the franchise should continue to appreciate in value as the league signs better TV agreements, etc. Plus, the Sabres will show a small profit this year.

This means that his first venture into professional sports ownership has been highly successful, which might make him that much more comfortable with buying a second franchise.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X