PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Losman stays

OpIv37
04-05-2006, 09:56 PM
Forked from: Losman stays (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1430408)

Wrong.

1. Franchised Nate.

You mean paid a player who SUCKED ASS last year $5.8 million? Yeah, great move

2. Traded an unhappy, on the downside of his career over paid WR who wanted out and would have been a disruption to the team.

You mean a receiver who many people thought was "elite" and he only got a 5th round draft pick for him? Less than what they got for Keenan McCardell a while back? Another winner

3. Signed Triplett.

This was a good move, however incomplete. We still only have one player who can start at DT

4. Re-signed the improving Ryan Denney.

You've got to be kidding me. They gave ridiculous money to a guy that lost his starting job to Chris Kelsay.

5. Has not overpaid for overrated players like Archuletta.

Which may not be as good as it seems- this team still has a lot of holes, and overrated players are still better than some of TD's garbage that's still on this team.

6. Has not signed overpriced players over the age of 30 that contribute less than they cost.

I'll give you that one

7. Hired a head coach with coaching experience. (Note: Sherman was my fisrt choice, but Jauron was #2).

A HC with a LOSING record. Talk to a Bears fan about Jauron.

8. Made a solid attempt to sign Wells.

You're giving credit for something he ALMOST did? please.

9. Signed Fowler, an upgrade to Turnstyle Teague or Bennie Anderson.

Again, same as Tripplett- good move but we still have garbage on our OL. It's incomplete.

10. Released a headcase in Sam Adams who seems to wear out his welcome after 2-3 years with every team he plays for.

I half agree with this one. Adams had to go, but we should have learned a lesson about letting DT's go and replacing them with NO ONE after last year.

11. Signed Royal, who will help with this team's blocking problems.
I'll give you this one too.

So, out of the 11 Dr. Lecter mentioned, 2 good, 2 incomplete and 7 bad. Way to go Marv!

OpIv37
04-05-2006, 10:01 PM
oh, don't forget giving Josh Reed 2.5 million a season- we all know he's earned it :rolleyes:

Dr. Lecter
04-05-2006, 10:15 PM
Clements had a down year last year. Had Marv not franchised him, the *****ers would have screamed they let him go. 5.8 mill (and it is actually a little more now) is not bad money for a top notch (probably around 6 or 7th in the NFL)CB. His career indicates he is a top level guy.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Moulds was still very good. But he is no longer elite. McCardell was peaking later in his career than EM did. <o:p></o:p>
And no, over-paid, overrated players are not needed. To sign an Archuletta type causes future cap issues for a team that is not ready to contend.<o:p></o:p>
Triplett is more than incomplete. The lack of a 2nd DT does not harm his grade. There are still other ways (i.e. draft) to get a 2nd DT. <o:p></o:p>
And Denney has improved. I watched him last year. A depth guy for sure, but nice player to have.<o:p></o:p>
Who else should have hired as HC? A guy with no experience would have never worked. And <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Sherman</st1:place></st1:City> was not exactly heavily recruited elsewhere. <o:p></o:p>
Signing RFA's is almost impossible. Wells shows he knows the line needs help and is not ignoring it. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
As for Fowler, it is the same response as the one about Triplett; grade the move on its own. The rest of the line is another issue.
And Sam was not playing much at the end of last year. Guys like <st1:place w:st="on">Adams</st1:place> are great for contenders and bad for teams re-building.
Not to mention some of these holes can be filled in the draft or next year. Marv inherited a team that has too many holes to fill and fix in one year.

Dr. Lecter
04-05-2006, 10:17 PM
And he did give Reed too much money.

OpIv37
04-05-2006, 10:23 PM
well at least we agree on one thing.

If you take the Fowler and Tripplett moves on their own, they are good signings. I still say something else should have been done to fix the OL or the DL.

As far as Nate, I wouldn't be *****ing if they let him go, as long as they got something for him. It seems to me we can find someone to give up 220 yards to Chris Chambers and shut down Steve Smith for 2 1/2 quarters before going to **** for a lot less than $6 million.

Dr. Lecter
04-05-2006, 10:27 PM
We agree on Reed too.

But I think each signing is individual. Again drafting guys like Justice and the DT from Michigan (mental blank time) would fill those holes.

And Nate was down last year. Hopefully the new coaching staff will improve the defense as a whole and he can return to form.

OpIv37
04-05-2006, 10:30 PM
We agree on Reed too.

But I think each signing is individual. Again drafting guys like Justice and the DT from Michigan (mental blank time) would fill those holes.

And Nate was down last year. Hopefully the new coaching staff will improve the defense as a whole and he can return to form.

this year is a true test for Nate. Some people have said that the reason he sucked so bad last year was because of the scheme- well isn't it at least plausible that in 03 and 04 he BENEFITTED from a good scheme and a good pass rush, and was never as good as we all thought?

We should know by about halfway through 06.

The_Philster
04-06-2006, 05:13 AM
How many players really excel in putrid schemes?

ICE74129
04-06-2006, 06:47 AM
well at least we agree on one thing.

If you take the Fowler and Tripplett moves on their own, they are good signings. I still say something else should have been done to fix the OL or the DL.

As far as Nate, I wouldn't be *****ing if they let him go, as long as they got something for him. It seems to me we can find someone to give up 220 yards to Chris Chambers and shut down Steve Smith for 2 1/2 quarters before going to **** for a lot less than $6 million.

On the lines, what else should have been done? Tripplet is the perfect DT for this system. One of the top rated DT's in FA. I love how fans talk about fowler and have never watched him last year. He came in and kicked ass for the vikes. Many vikes fans are pissed they let him walk only to turn to a former probowler, who is old and coming off sitting a full year.

Both were damn good moves

SquishDaFish
04-06-2006, 07:12 AM
Ice they were saying Fowler was a good move. They werent saying it was bad. Op this is going to be a 2 year process. Its not going to all be fixed this year. We will patch some of those holes in the Draft also.