• Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Shaud is back.

Bills | S. Williams re-signed
    Wed, 5 Apr 2006 20:17:12 -0700
    The Buffalo Bills have re-signed exclusive-rights free agent RB Shaud Williams (Bills) to his one-year, $425,000 tender offer.
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Shaud is back.

Oh joy, Mighty midget is back.
    I can't believe any other team than the Bills would even entertain him as a backup RB.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Mr B
      • Sep 2002

Great. Now they can yank Willis every third down.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Aug 2004

Not bad.

Used properly--not in place of Willis on every third down or in the red zone--and not as the # 2 RB to replace Willis, Shaud has the ability to be a decent "change-of-pace" RB. He's not much smaller than C.Taylor or D.Blaylock or the guy that he should be used like--Dave Meggett--but he needs to be used properly, which wasn't the case last year (wanna bet it was because TD and MM didn't want Willis to reach certain incentives in his contract?), and he needs to have a decent line giving him room to run through (something else that wasn't the case last year!).

I don't have a problem with this signing at all. The Bills have much greater needs to address elsewhere.
          Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by Turf
            Oh joy, Mighty midget is back.
            I can't believe any other team than the Bills would even entertain him as a backup RB.
            He's actually been a productive backup and, because of his small stature, a nice changup to Willis. I think Lionel Gates will challenge him for the backup role this year, however.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

He's useless...don't know why they wasted the money.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

what has shaud done to deserve so much hate from fans?

he has performed well when he had to fill in for willis.. including a big 100 yard effort that got us a win.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

doesnt he have the same frame that reggie bush does?
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

Good signing! Now we don't have to waste any of our draft picks on a RB. We have far more holes to fill and we can also hope to grab developmental prospects within those same holes also!

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                      • May 2004

I am not Shaud's biggest fan. My main gripe is it doesn't seem like he has great field vision. Being as shifty as he is, his style should mesh well with our suspect line. Unfortunately I see him run into a pile where he has no chance whatsoever due to his stature.

That said, I really do think Gates comes into his own and nails the backup job this season. He didn't get much of a shot last year, but in preseason he looked great.
                      "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                      --Leo Durocher

Comment

Working...
                      X