PDA

View Full Version : Will the real Thomas Vanek, please stand up?

JD
04-06-2006, 12:27 AM
I repeat, will the real Thomas Vanek..please stand up?

I think were going to have a problem here.

OK. Vanek is a lazy ass.
Why is he SUDDENLY turned into a bag of douche?

He puss!es his way into the corners, hes been making alot of mistakes lately.

What the hell is this guys deal seriously??

JD
04-06-2006, 12:29 AM
I get a wiff of Miro Satan when I watch him play now..

Ebenezer
04-06-2006, 12:36 AM
He's what?? A rookie and 22?? Call me in three years.

JD
04-06-2006, 12:57 AM
..Crosby is what, 18?

I guess I'm not the only one that sees it, seeing that hes been sitting here and there for his Miro Satan-like effort on ice..

Ebenezer
04-06-2006, 02:01 AM
..Crosby is what, 18?

Why does one person's being 18 mean that everybody that age or older is supposed to be as mature?? Crosby is a huge crybaby and has a lot more talent than Vanek.

Makaveli
04-06-2006, 06:26 AM
man he's a rookie, his first year, slow your roll, maybe hes been playing like that possibly because he needed a rest? who knows, either way its nothin to worry about

qcsabresfan84
04-06-2006, 02:10 PM
Vanek has plenty of time to develop the mental part of the game as well as the physical. From what I've seen he can more than replace Satan and the difference in their attitudes is reflected by the decade difference in age. Don't worry about Vanek's attitude yet, he's still got tons to learn about playing at this level. this is just part of the learning process.

pyrrhonist
04-07-2006, 12:16 AM
While he has played lazy at times, not every rookie of '04 & '05 can be an Ovechkin or Crosby.

PUCKER
04-07-2006, 12:56 AM
Hes still a rook. He will learn. :up:

SabreEleven
04-07-2006, 10:03 AM
While he has played lazy at times, not every rookie of '04 & '05 can be an Ovechkin or Crosby.

Would it hurt him to try to be?

buffalofan19
04-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Vanek's problem has nothing to do with whether he is a rookie or not. If a guy is lazy, he should be called out for it whether he is a rookie or a 20 year veteran. You don't have to be a veteran to give it your all, and right now, Vanek does not seem to be doing that. I have no problem with people calling him out for that at all.

JD
04-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Thank you for getting them off my back bf19 :love:

pyrrhonist
04-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Would it hurt him to try to be?

Yes, it would. It's hard to be the greatest, like Ovechkin. :cool: :D

buffalofan19
04-07-2006, 10:17 PM
OK, I was at the game today and there was no denying it. Vanek looked lost out there. I am beginning to wonder if he has some injury we don't know about, but I think it is more lack of effort. This has nothing to do with whether or not he is a rookie. He just does not seem to be going all out for one reason or another. I really think he needs to be benched again, maybe for Pominville.

JD
04-09-2006, 12:35 PM
Vanek needs to sit. I was at the last ottawa game at he hsbc and he was so damn sluggish. He was the only player showing minimal effort and it was unbelievable to watch. He pulls back when going into the corners, I'll be honest hes been playing like a little girl out there. Bench him.

camelcowboy
04-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Vanek has to get tougher in the corners so does most of our defence. I see Vanek do things that Miro would never do. Stand in front of the net, he can pass. My point is he is a kid. Tim Connolly was garbage until the light finally clicked now he's a stud. Have to give him some time. His biggest problem is toughness, thats why he gets punched in the face about every other game, but that will come with expierence. He's had a great year for a rookie.

camelcowboy
04-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Vanek needs to sit. I was at the last ottawa game at he hsbc and he was so damn sluggish. He was the only player showing minimal effort and it was unbelievable to watch. He pulls back when going into the corners, I'll be honest hes been playing like a little girl out there. Bench him.

He had two assists last night how about you pay attention.