X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Losman's intelligence...

why do i keep seeing losman's intelligence questioned? by posters.. by media.. i just dont get it.

he didnt do awful on his wonderlic.. he doesnt sound like a meathead in interviews..

i just dont follow where it comes from. one mock draft recently referred to his brain as a big pile of goo.. i just dont know where the public perception that he is an idiot came from? does drew seem smarter? did kelly? marino? he beat them on the wonderlic..

can someone explain to me why the public perception seems to be that he is dumb with just a ton of athletic ability?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Losman's intelligence...

Just like a lot of off-season gossip. One person starts it and it spreads like wildfire, due to boredom.

The press runs with anything these days, before checking legit sources.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• BillsNick
      • Jul 2003

I've always been under the impression that he was a pretty bright kid.

Comment

• Billsrock4life
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
        why do i keep seeing losman's intelligence questioned? by posters.. by media.. i just dont get it.

he didnt do awful on his wonderlic.. he doesnt sound like a meathead in interviews..

i just dont follow where it comes from. one mock draft recently referred to his brain as a big pile of goo.. i just dont know where the public perception that he is an idiot came from? does drew seem smarter? did kelly? marino? he beat them on the wonderlic..

can someone explain to me why the public perception seems to be that he is dumb with just a ton of athletic ability?
        Because thats what the media does, they think that they know everything about everything no matter what the subject is and they look for any reason to question something someone says

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

i have as well.. if i was him, that kind of thing would really tick me off.. tulane is not a university for ******s.

i just dont see anything that he has ever done to warrant the critism he gets.. he has not played incredible football, but 99% of all first year starters dont. he will improve.. but the idiot thing just baffles me.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Bulldog
            Top Dog
            • Jan 2003

Maybe it's because everyone has him pegged as a California surfer dude, which couldn't be further from the truth. I hope that the light goes on for Losman soon so all these talking heads can STFU!
            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• McBFLO
              • Mar 2003

you beat me to it. people compare him to rob johnson. johnson wasn't too bright as far as football smarts were concerned, so i think thats where it comes from...
              Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                • Feb 2005

Man I could not agree with you more! This has been a source of frustration for me as well. There is just nothing that would give anyone a reason to question his intellegnece.... and your are right, every interview I have heard him in he sounds reasonable an intellegent.

A few more wins under his belt and the media will start comparing him to Jonas Saulk.... the media loves to hear itself talk, even if they talk nonsense!
                In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

I haven't seen his intelligence questioned anywhere.

Most of the criticism of Losman I've seen is that he is arrogant and rubs teammates the wrong way.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

NE, i have seen it brought up several times..

one quote i recently saw said something to the effect that if marv levy could give half of his harvard brain to jp to replace his pile of goo, he might be a good qb.. something to that effect.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by NE39
                      I haven't seen his intelligence questioned anywhere.

Most of the criticism of Losman I've seen is that he is arrogant and rubs teammates the wrong way.
                      AND his former college RB M. Moore said all JP cared about was JP and showing off his arm. Rumors from the locker room is he has zero leadership skills.

Bottom line, if the kid is a leader, and does have smarts he had better prove them NOW. Because if he doesn't, I don't think the kid is here next year let alone QB'ing the team this year.

Bottom line, The bloom is off the Rose. He has to prove it now or else.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

NE, i have seen it brought up several times..

one quote i recently saw said something to the effect that if marv levy could give half of his harvard brain to jp to replace his pile of goo, he might be a good qb.. something to that effect.
                        that was in some dorks mock draft. The guy most likely hasn't seen the Bills except on ESPN highlights.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129

Bottom line, The bloom is off the Rose. He has to prove it now or else.
                          right on brother!
                          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by keithtr
                            right on brother!
                            And I for one hope he does. Now address the damn OL and protect him!

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                              • Jul 2002

Don't put too much stock in anything you see people post here, T. I have seen posts saying he is lazy and has a poor work ethic too, and from everything I have read elsewhere that is not the case at all.
                              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

Working...
                              X