X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billsouth
    • Jul 2002

Trading moulds makes no sense

unless we spend the money on locking up some of our current guys or on some quality FAs. otherwise, we might as well kept him because we certainly had the cap room.

RW and Marv r trying to get filet mignon for the price of a happy meal and i am sick of eating at the early bird. I want to eat with the rest of the adults!!
    "once a raider always a raider"
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Re: Trading moulds makes no sense

Originally posted by Billsouth
    unless we spend the money on locking up some of our current guys or on some quality FAs. otherwise, we might as well kept him because we certainly had the cap room.

RW and Marv r trying to get filet mignon for the price of a happy meal and i am sick of eating at the early bird. I want to eat with the rest of the adults!!

There's no FA's left!

We've got 15 Mil in cap room and nothing to do with it. (besides re-upping with current players, which most probably don't want to do anyway.
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Peters and McGahee could be locked up.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Gunzlingr
        • Jul 2002

If he refused to play in Buffalo, what good does keeping him do?
        You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
          If he refused to play in Buffalo, what good does keeping him do?
          While I do agree with this, and getting Moulds off the team was a priority and need to be done. By holding out on trading him we wasted out on time to give money to viable talented free agents. Lets face it, we coulda throw an extra mill or two at Wells with the 5.5 in cap relief we got by dumping Moulds and Wells is a hell of a lot better than whomever we select in Rd4 or Rd5 in all likelihood. Or had the extra 5.5 million to pursue a big named FA that would instantly make whatever position it was better. We coulda signed Antonio Bryant, he went to SF, they're no better than us. Throw him some more cash than the 9ers, and I believe he's here. Then we have a viable replacement in the offense for Moulds. BTW Lavar Arrington is still available, Ty Law, Lance Johnstone, Brady Smith.....So there is still some guys that can help the team out there.

I don't question the move of getting rid of him just when it occured. That's all.

Comment

• RedEyE
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsouth
            I'm not sure what this means, but I'm sure as hell hungry now.

Comment

• Billsrock4life
              • Nov 2005

well it would sure as hell make alot more sense if they got a 3rd or 4th

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                • May 2003

Originally posted by RedEyE
                I'm not sure what this means, but I'm sure as hell hungry now.
                C'mon over bro. I just had a plate of blue corn, green chile, chicken enchiladas.

YUMMY!!!

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                  • May 2003

While it certainly makes for one boring ass offseason, I think it would have been unwise to go throwing all kinds of money around like the Vikings. All that money they paid to Steve Hutchinson?

The truth is that we need to evaluate what we have on the team as of now and how these players fit into our new system. Besides we will likely sign some more players after June 1st cuts. Plus we will need some of that money to sign Nate to a long term deal. Marv & Butler always used to say that sometimes the best free agents you can sign are your own.

Ty Law? He is asking for way too much money apparently. Someone needs a big ass slice of humble pie. Here we go tlaking about food again.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Drive 4 Five

Ty Law? He is asking for way too much money apparently. Someone needs a big ass slice of humble pie. Here we go tlaking about food again.

I was never endorsing the Bills to go out and get Ty, just using him as an example that there are still some big "name" talent out there available.

With more money signing big "name" talent FAs is a piece of cake.

Comment

Working...
                    X