PDA

View Full Version : Jets Having Private workouts w/ all 3 qbs

justasportsfan
04-06-2006, 10:36 AM
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Jets | Team to have workout with M. Leinart
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 06:35:25 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Jets team officials will fly to Los Angeles Tuesday, April 18, to have a private workout with USC QB Matt Leinart.

Jets | Team to have workout with J. Cutler
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 06:33:27 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Jets team officials will have a private workout with Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler starting Sunday, April 16.

Jets | Team to have workout with V. Young April 20
Thu, 6 Apr 2006 06:30:00 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Jets team officials will fly into to Houston, Texas, Thursday, April 20, to conduct a private workout with Texas QB Vince Young. It will be the last stop on their tour to visit NFL Draft prospect quarterbacks.

Smokescreen?

casdhf
04-06-2006, 10:41 AM
hopefully not, it all 3 QBs go before us, we're golden.

Mr. Pink
04-06-2006, 10:44 AM
With Noodlearm Pennington and nothing, if the Jets take anything besides a QB it would NOT make any sense. I believe Leinart will be the QB they select here. From what I heard he's at the top of their board now and barring him having a COMPLETE collapse at the private workout, he's there.

mysticsoto
04-06-2006, 11:03 AM
With Noodlearm Pennington and nothing, if the Jets take anything besides a QB it would NOT make any sense. I believe Leinart will be the QB they select here. From what I heard he's at the top of their board now and barring him having a COMPLETE collapse at the private workout, he's there.

Not if the Titans take him 1st. We have to hope that the Titans are in love with Young...

don137
04-06-2006, 11:09 AM
I think thet are just crossing there Ts and dotting there Is to make sure they look at all potential talent. I still say they take DBrick

Mahdi
04-06-2006, 11:34 AM
The Titans will not take Young before Leinart. Norm Chow has already shown his disapproval for the Young pick, and Chow was Leinarts coordinator at USC. I think the Jets will then take Cutler, and the Raiders will take Young. If that happens the Bills will be in position to take a heck of a player.

Houston: Bush
Saints: Brick
Titans: Leinart
Jets: Cutler
Packers: Hawk
SF: Davis or Huff
Raiders: Young
Bills: Mario!!! ( Its not likely but this top 8 is definitely possible)

Why:

Packers are set at DE, just signed Kampman to a big deal and already have KGB.

Raiders have the top DE in NFL last year, Burgess with 16 sacks or something and they need a QB.

SF: They run a 3-4 scheme and that isnt the type of scheme that will showcase Mario's talents anyway.

NO: they have two young stud DE's already and they have a 35 year old LT, choice is obvious.

MikeInRoch
04-06-2006, 02:19 PM
I'd bet that Pennington is giving each of them a workout personally...:limp:

ICE74129
04-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Houston: Bush
Saints: Brick
Titans: Leinart
Jets: Cutler
Packers: Hawk
SF: Davis or Huff
Raiders: Young
Bills: Mario!!! ( Its not likely but this top 8 is definitely possible)

I think your draft is the most logical so far. I will say d'brick falls to us and that card is up in about 5 min tops.

Mahdi
04-06-2006, 05:08 PM
I think your draft is the most logical so far. I will say d'brick falls to us and that card is up in about 5 min tops.
I would crap myself if we got either Mario or Brick.

Don't Panic
04-06-2006, 06:24 PM
I would crap myself if we got either Mario or Brick.

I'll join you in that crap... makes me realize we need to wait to trade down until we are officially on the clock. Not holding my breath though, Mario and Brick are the two most solid linemen in the draft. Sliding to #8 seems hard to believe, and even if they do, there's a better than even chance that somebody tries to pony in front of us and grab one. Mordak/Levy better be sharp on the morning of the 29th.