X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Jets Having Private workouts w/ all 3 qbs

Win your fantasy football league with The Huddle's award-winning fantasy football cheat sheets, rankings, sleepers and insider tools.

Jets | Team to have workout with M. Leinart
    Thu, 6 Apr 2006 06:35:25 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Jets team officials will fly to Los Angeles Tuesday, April 18, to have a private workout with USC QB Matt Leinart.

Jets | Team to have workout with J. Cutler
    Thu, 6 Apr 2006 06:33:27 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Jets team officials will have a private workout with Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler starting Sunday, April 16.

Jets | Team to have workout with V. Young April 20
    Thu, 6 Apr 2006 06:30:00 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Jets team officials will fly into to Houston, Texas, Thursday, April 20, to conduct a private workout with Texas QB Vince Young. It will be the last stop on their tour to visit NFL Draft prospect quarterbacks.

Smokescreen?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: Jets Having Private workouts w/ all 3 qbs

hopefully not, it all 3 QBs go before us, we're golden.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

With Noodlearm Pennington and nothing, if the Jets take anything besides a QB it would NOT make any sense. I believe Leinart will be the QB they select here. From what I heard he's at the top of their board now and barring him having a COMPLETE collapse at the private workout, he's there.

Comment

• mysticsoto
        Too sober for this...
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
        With Noodlearm Pennington and nothing, if the Jets take anything besides a QB it would NOT make any sense. I believe Leinart will be the QB they select here. From what I heard he's at the top of their board now and barring him having a COMPLETE collapse at the private workout, he's there.
        Not if the Titans take him 1st. We have to hope that the Titans are in love with Young...

Comment

• don137
          • Jul 2002

I think thet are just crossing there Ts and dotting there Is to make sure they look at all potential talent. I still say they take DBrick

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

The Titans will not take Young before Leinart. Norm Chow has already shown his disapproval for the Young pick, and Chow was Leinarts coordinator at USC. I think the Jets will then take Cutler, and the Raiders will take Young. If that happens the Bills will be in position to take a heck of a player.

Houston: Bush
            Saints: Brick
            Titans: Leinart
            Jets: Cutler
            Packers: Hawk
            SF: Davis or Huff
            Raiders: Young
            Bills: Mario!!! ( Its not likely but this top 8 is definitely possible)

Why:

Packers are set at DE, just signed Kampman to a big deal and already have KGB.

Raiders have the top DE in NFL last year, Burgess with 16 sacks or something and they need a QB.

SF: They run a 3-4 scheme and that isnt the type of scheme that will showcase Mario's talents anyway.

NO: they have two young stud DE's already and they have a 35 year old LT, choice is obvious.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
              • Sep 2003

I'd bet that Pennington is giving each of them a workout personally...
              "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi

Houston: Bush
                Saints: Brick
                Titans: Leinart
                Jets: Cutler
                Packers: Hawk
                SF: Davis or Huff
                Raiders: Young
                Bills: Mario!!! ( Its not likely but this top 8 is definitely possible)
                I think your draft is the most logical so far. I will say d'brick falls to us and that card is up in about 5 min tops.

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                  I think your draft is the most logical so far. I will say d'brick falls to us and that card is up in about 5 min tops.
                  I would crap myself if we got either Mario or Brick.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
                    I would crap myself if we got either Mario or Brick.
                    I'll join you in that crap... makes me realize we need to wait to trade down until we are officially on the clock. Not holding my breath though, Mario and Brick are the two most solid linemen in the draft. Sliding to #8 seems hard to believe, and even if they do, there's a better than even chance that somebody tries to pony in front of us and grab one. Mordak/Levy better be sharp on the morning of the 29th.

Comment

Working...
                    X