PDA

View Full Version : Erie County's Giambra to hold Press Confrence

Italian Stallion
04-06-2006, 12:15 PM
http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=1506

I'll be very interested to hear what he says.....maybe they plan to build a new stadium, or perhaps upgrade the Ralph (with Golisano involved, thats extremely possible)

RedEyE
04-06-2006, 12:17 PM
Might be good, might be bad...

THATHURMANATOR
04-06-2006, 12:19 PM
I hope it is good! :pray:

OpIv37
04-06-2006, 12:22 PM
a new stadium with naming rights and luxury boxes could be a big revenue boost for the team and help solidify their status in Buffalo.

Two problems- 1. I hate the idea of taxpayer funded stadiums, especially when the govt has so many bigger concerns. However I don't live in Erie Co or even NYS so it won't affect me.
2. I HATE corporate stadium names and I admire the few teams that use the stadium name to honor someone of significance for the team. That being said. watching the Bills play at "Wegmans Field at Blue Cross/BlueShield Park" (or something like that) is a small price to pay for keeping the team in Buffalo.

Night Train
http://www.wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=1506

I'll be very interested to hear what he says.....maybe they plan to build a new stadium, or perhaps upgrade the Ralph (with Golisano involved, thats extremely possible)

Knowing him, he'll add a $5 County Tax to each ticket to help with the County bailout. That guy is a Class A fool.

Maybe he'll screw up and do something right, for once.

RedEyE
I'm betting it's just Erie County (once again) claiming to back the Bills and Ralph Wilson in everyway possible.

Italian Stallion
04-06-2006, 12:23 PM
I think it will be.......even if they were going to move they wouldn't juts announce it tomorrow out of nowhere

I'm guessing it will be positive

Bill Brasky
04-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Knowing him, he'll add a $5 County Tax to each ticket to help with the County bailout. That guy is a Class A fool.

Maybe he'll screw up and do something right, for once.

I wouldn't be surprised.

ICE74129
04-06-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm betting it's just Erie County (once again) claiming to back the Bills and Ralph Wilson in everyway possible.

Yeah blah blah blah crap as usual

THATHURMANATOR
04-06-2006, 12:30 PM
a new stadium with naming rights and luxury boxes could be a big revenue boost for the team and help solidify their status in Buffalo.

Two problems- 1. I hate the idea of taxpayer funded stadiums, especially when the govt has so many bigger concerns. However I don't live in Erie Co or even NYS so it won't affect me.
2. I HATE corporate stadium names and I admire the few teams that use the stadium name to honor someone of significance for the team. That being said. watching the Bills play at "Wegmans Field at Blue Cross/BlueShield Park" (or something like that) is a small price to pay for keeping the team in Buffalo.
Hey I am going to pay taxes anyways at least it will go to something I love.

Bmax
04-06-2006, 12:30 PM
HE WILL BE OUT OF OFFICE IN 2007...Erie county will have a new exec... My guess would be the guy that wins has a good plan for the bills and lower taxes and more jobs.

No front runners yet...The rumor here is that joel wants to run for congress...LOL

BMAX

RedEyE
04-06-2006, 01:59 PM
so..what was it?

JJamezz
04-06-2006, 02:01 PM
WGR has been streaming their 'commercials' for the last half hour... LOL... I guess they aren't allowed to air it online

Mski
04-06-2006, 02:06 PM
HE WILL BE OUT OF OFFICE IN 2007...Erie county will have a new exec... My guess would be the guy that wins has a good plan for the bills and lower taxes and more jobs.

No front runners yet...The rumor here is that joel wants to run for congress...LOL

BMAX

:lolabove::roflmao:

Mitchy moo
04-06-2006, 02:08 PM
He better not say the team is moving.

THATHURMANATOR
Jim Rome was on until 3pm

Mr. Pink
It's on TOMORROW guys...not today

JJamezz
04-06-2006, 02:11 PM
It's on TOMORROW guys...not today

:doh2:

RedEyE
04-06-2006, 03:32 PM
:doh:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Oh God here we go with Joel cut everything in the RED BUDGET and RAISE PROPERTY TAXES Giambra to the rescue! If he says what I think he's going to say the BILLS are really doomed. He's the one that caused ERIE COUNTY to shut down in the first place with the RED BUDGET. DON'T TRUST GIAMBRA!!!

http://www.adamzyglis.com/images/cartoon168.jpg

G. Host
04-06-2006, 05:19 PM

I do not think naming rights buy much for Buffalo for it is not a high profile city and does not have a large corporation with money to throw away.

And you end up paying for it in hotel taxes, airport rental fees, etc if you go to Buffalo.

Nighthawk
04-06-2006, 05:33 PM
The ideal situation was for the city & Bills to build a new stadium with a retractable roof that also has a convention center built in. This way it serves not only the Bills, but a huge need for the City of Buffalo and this area and that is a bigger convention center.

Jan Reimers
04-06-2006, 05:37 PM
Hey I am going to pay taxes anyways at least it will go to something I love.
That has always been my thought, no matter where I have lived. Besides, an NFL team generates plenty of revenue, helps local morale, and provides a national spotlight to the community in which it is located.

Michael82
04-06-2006, 09:05 PM
I do not think naming rights buy much for Buffalo for it is not a high profile city and does not have a large corporation with money to throw away.

And you end up paying for it in hotel taxes, airport rental fees, etc if you go to Buffalo.
Actually, naming rights could bring some big money to Ralph depending on who it is. Let's see, they already have a very good relationship with Verizon, maybe they would be willing to put their name on the stadium....

Verizon Stadium (think of the possibilites...new Verizon technology all throughout the place, including new JumboTron, new TV screens, free wireless technology inside the stadium, and other additions)

Nighthawk
04-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Actually, naming rights could bring some big money to Ralph depending on who it is. Let's see, they already have a very good relationship with Verizon, maybe they would be willing to put their name on the stadium....

Verizon Stadium (think of the possibilites...new Verizon technology all throughout the place, including new JumboTron, new TV screens, free wireless technology inside the stadium, and other additions)

As much as it sucks money wise, it is a fact that the Bills need a new stadium and it should be downtown. I'm kind of interested in seeing what is said tomorrow.

Michael82
04-06-2006, 09:09 PM
As much as it sucks money wise, it is a fact that the Bills need a new stadium and it should be downtown. I'm kind of interested in seeing what is said tomorrow.
I don't understand why everyone wants it Downtown. The traffic would be a disaster and we might end up losing our tailgating. :ill:

Mr. Pink
04-06-2006, 09:13 PM
I don't understand why everyone wants it Downtown. The traffic would be a disaster and we might end up losing our tailgating. :ill:

Traffic won't be that much of a problem....I was a season ticket holder for the Browns from 99-01 when I lived there, I didn't feel like keeping tix having to drive through PA during the winter, they don't believe in salt. Just as many people in that stadium leaving at the same time and there is actually other things that are used in downtown cleveland on a daily basis. PLUS, we have that train to "nowhere" which might actually provide some kind of use on Sundays if you're worried traffic wise.

Tailgaiting won't be a problem, if they put the site downtown there would still be lots more than large enough to accomodate.

patmoran2006
04-06-2006, 09:15 PM
I dont see them ever leaving Orchard Park for downtown.. I dont care where they play as long as its WNY

Michael82
04-06-2006, 09:16 PM
Traffic won't be that much of a problem....I was a season ticket holder for the Browns from 99-01 when I lived there, I didn't feel like keeping tix having to drive through PA during the winter, they don't believe in salt. Just as many people in that stadium leaving at the same time and there is actually other things that are used in downtown cleveland on a daily basis. PLUS, we have that train to "nowhere" which might actually provide some kind of use on Sundays if you're worried traffic wise.

Tailgaiting won't be a problem, if they put the site downtown there would still be lots more than large enough to accomodate.
I guess I just like having all the lots right next to the stadium and like the location of where the Ralph is. I don't like going downtown and would hate having to drive around there each Sunday for the home games. :ill:

But if it keeps the team here, I'm for it. :up:

Nighthawk
04-06-2006, 09:17 PM
I dont see them ever leaving Orchard Park for downtown.. I dont care where they play as long as its WNY

You may see them downtown sooner than later...just a funny feeling I have.

Nighthawk
04-06-2006, 09:18 PM
I guess I just like having all the lots right next to the stadium and like the location of where the Ralph is. I don't like going downtown and would hate having to drive around there each Sunday for the home games. :ill:

Exactly! This area needs to do whatever it takes to keep the few assets that it has and keeping the Bills should be a HUGE priority. It's hard enough to keep people here, imagine what it might be like if they left? I wouldn't enjoy it very much.

patmoran2006
04-06-2006, 09:24 PM

I think downtown is too condensed for a 80,000 seat stadium, but that's just me.. Again, as long as they are in WNY I dont care if they play in the FRUIT BELT.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-06-2006, 09:26 PM
DON'T TRUST JOEL CUT EVERYTHING IN THE RED BUDGET AND RAISE PROPERTY TAXES GIAMBRA!!!

X-Era
04-06-2006, 09:30 PM

I lost you there. Why do we lose tailgating?

Turf
04-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Why doesn't Buffalo just buy Orchard Park, it can't cost that much, then the games could be in "Buffalo".

Mski
04-07-2006, 12:29 AM
i see them going to the waterfront after they tear down the skyway!

PUCKER
04-07-2006, 12:38 AM
:pray:

Bill Brasky
04-07-2006, 04:24 AM
I still think the best bet would be to put it near the new waterfront developments. You'd have a "sports complex" with HSBC, Bass Pro, Dunn Tire... built a ramp to the thruway... Buffalo has a ****load of parking in and around those areas... add a few more big lots, incorporate all the surrounding lots, hell, they could even come up with some crazy stacked parking garage/park type design for both recreation and tailgating... they really could get creative with the whole process if they wanted to. Traffic could be altered on game days, and maybe they could lock down less-traveled roads for added parking/tailgating... christ they could even put the no-good metro rail to use finally and maybe expand the lines, which would just add more businesses around the downtown areas.

It would spark mad interest in new businesses. I'll tell you this... if I was starting a business, I would do everything in my power to have it located in a vicinity like that.

An idea like that could single-handedly spark a rebirth downtown. It worked in Baltimore.

You guys only want to dwell on the negative aspects of the whole idea... you're blinding yourself to the endless positives that could come along with it not for just the team but the entire city.